Hardware Help me turn three 360's into one? Challenge!

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:)

Hi gang.

I have a goal in mind, but I've never been heavy into the 360 scene and I need to know how realistic it is, and hopefully have the "best" steps explained by someone feeling generous.

I'll explain the issue and what I mean by best.

I have 3 consoles (I can gather more information obviously, but this is a start):

-"the LIVE one"
this is a system that I played mostly Reach on, while it was hot, and made about 100 forge levels I'm fond of. Not much else on it, other than just savegames in general. Updated to the point shortly before Halo 4 came out. White disc tray, no haxx, bought just before reach came out; 3rd iteration of the dash (I don't think this one was called NXE, but I could be misremembering) newest by quite a bit, but still before the S model

-"the flashed one"
As the name would indicate, a system with a flashed disc drive, flashed just before JTAGing became a thing, probably a 2nd or 3rd generation model, lots of saved games from my backips (This had 2nd dash, so I believe that was NXE?) 2nd oldest, not by much

-"the JTAG"
lastly, the system for brew and USB loading, lots of DLC installed to HDD, lots of games backed up to HDD/USB, on the NXE (2nd dash) if I'm not confusing my dashes, XENON, so oldest

All run "fine" and have had no real issues, other than the LIVE one seems to be weird about games installed to HDD stuttering sometimes

The Goal(s):
Have 1 system that
-Preserves my halo reach levels
-Can play burnt discs
-Can load homebrew
-To whatever degree is possible, condense all (as many that will fit) savegames and DLC

Secondary Goals (Factors)
STABILITY - SIMPLICITY - LONGEVITY

Don't really care about
EASE (I have a friend who can do what I ask of him with them)
COST (meh)

I may be asking more than I realize; getting into the 360 scene has always had the tallest gate for me, for whatever reason, just been hard to stay on top of everything.
I know there are guides you can link to, but in a big sense, I just don't know which way I should go with those goals in mind, or what I need? Do I just need a saves transfer cable, and to flash my xenons disc drive? Is that a good idea since its so old? I'm looking for the "most win" situation.

Thanks to anyone who can help. Much appreciated.

PS: Meant to post in hacking, not sure how I got in wrong forum list. Please move as needed :)

Last edited by noobwarrior7,
Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally, I wouldn't touch a xenon. it's not worth it. iirc, game saves have a profile id and a device id. I can't recall if the device id is the hdd or the system though. this can be changed using a save from the destination console and injecting that information into the saves from the source console. I believe modio, le fluffie app, horizon, all can do this. it's been a while though since I've done this, but it's possible, yes. if you do want to play burned discs, the xenon would be the cheapest. use jungleflasher to look up the drive and steps on how to flash it if you've forgotten.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So... You just want to merge everything to one console?

Well, personally, I'd pick the youngest 360 and RGH it.
Insert a 1 TB 2.5 inch HDD and copy everything to it from all consoles.

Idk if you care about Live or not, otherwise you'll need to get a 500 GB WD Scorpio HDD and inject a 500GB HDDSS in it.
Could use that for Live then.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jtag/rgh may not have save checks. I seem to recall resigning saves, but those were saves I found on the internet and on a flashed system. using the same hdd may work on a jtag/rgh, but I'm not sure as I never had to do that. I started fresh with my jtag (1TB drive) with only my profile being transferred over. I can't recall if I had to do anything to it though. I did change the profile name to godreborn when it was something else though. :P

edit: oh, I think u can do that on live now. I haven't been on live in years though.

Last edited by godreborn,

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally, I wouldn't touch a xenon. it's not worth it. iirc, game saves have a profile id and a device id. I can't recall if the device id is the hdd or the system though. this can be changed using a save from the destination console and injecting that information into the saves from the source console. I believe modio, le fluffie app, horizon, all can do this. it's been a while though since I've done this, but it's possible, yes. if you do want to play burned discs, the xenon would be the cheapest. use jungleflasher to look up the drive and steps on how to flash it if you've forgotten.

hmm okay, already interesting stuff I didn't know about save injecting. cool. cool. So but you wouldn't bank on the xenon due to age; figured as much. Thanks!

So... You just want to merge everything to one console?

Well, personally, I'd pick the youngest 360 and RGH it.
Insert a 1 TB 2.5 inch HDD and copy everything to it from all consoles.

Idk if you care about Live or not, otherwise you'll need to get a 500 GB WD Scorpio HDD and inject a 500GB HDDSS in it.
Could use that for Live then.

Okay so, newest, RGH + flash (or do you not need to flash disc drive once it's RGH to play burns?) the save questions persists for me then. How do I take the saves from those other drives, including in the one you said to RGH since I'd put a new drive in it and do their profiles/licenses? thanks!

edit: 360's can still get on live?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you still have to flash the drive the normal way with an rgh. you may have to use modio to resign the saves. it's been so long I don't remember clearly. an rgh normally can't go online. I there's a plugin that allows it, but it may cost money.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why would you play burned discs on a JTAG/RGH console when you got the opportunity to load them from the internal HDD?
Seems kinda pointless to me ;p

As for the saves, you can update the dashes to the latest and copy them all to a usb drive.
Including DLC etc.
They play back without any problems on a RGH box.
No need to resign them.

As for Live on RGH consoles.
You got two options.
Pump a shitload of money on a shady service designed for cheaters or invest in a Dual NAND.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, the "shady service" is called xblse. there are several others just like that one. when was first released, it cost like $30/day. I think you basically buy tokens to use the service. I would do as @DinohScene suggested. it might be worth flashing the drive in that case though. I personally don't have dual Nands. I just have a couple old falcon jtags. I don't care much about live anyway, though I do have a third box with a flashed drive. that one is a jasper.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
an rgh normally can't go online. I there's a plugin that allows it, but it may cost money.

I just meant I didn't know 360's could even still access live, flashed chipped or not. Thought Live service was off.

Why would you play burned discs on a JTAG/RGH console when you got the opportunity to load them from the internal HDD?
Seems kinda pointless to me ;p

As for the saves, you can update the dashes to the latest and copy them all to a usb drive.
Including DLC etc.
They play back without any problems on a RGH box.
No need to resign them.

Good to know about the sigs. Is that true of my current JTAG? Do I need to come up with more info on my end?
As for playing burnt discs, several of my originals are scratched, and a big batch got stolen (i kept my backups in a flip folder and my cases on a shelf). I can always grab them again from a library or rental or buddy to put on USB, but at the moment, most of those burnt ones would have no use for me.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jtag should be the same as an rgh when it comes to saves if that's what you're asking. I don't think you can dual boot it though since it contains no HANA chip to be glitched. it would be better to install that on a newer console anyway.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Live service is still online for 360 yep.
Still in use as well, then again, the Xbone has 360 BC which has a lot of multiplayer games still running.

Well, you could dump the backups to the internal drive of the JTAG.
or you could hook up a FAT32 formatted HDD and dump them on there if the drive is flashed that is.

Basically, using DVD backups on a RGH is really pointless, seeing you can upgrade the HDD to a max of 2TB.

JTAGs can't go online with a Dual NAND, it's something that only RGH consoles can do.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, what I meant was using an rgh. unless something has changed, you can't rgh a xenon due to the absence of that chip. I had forgotten about xode. you can use that with games on an hdd.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XBLSE is Ninja now, and it's around 90$/mo at it's cheapest option. They've gotten pretty good as a KV is lasting months now instead of days or weeks, but it's still pricey. Dual Nand chips are becoming a bit scarce, but I believe there's still Phat versions of TX's Demon floating around at different vendors worldwide. No matter what mobo you have, they can be wire-installed and work fine. The only reason I'd think of to flash the disc drive on an RGH would be if it has a dual nand and you want backups on the retail side as well. I think that would satisfy your wishes though. My suggestion,

1. RGH 1.2 a Jasper
2. TX Demon install
3. Flash the 16D2S disc drive it came with
4. Pick up a 1-2TB 2.5" HDD and a Phat HDD case
5. Use one of your official HDD's for the retail side, and the 1-2TB for the hacked side

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually don't care much about LIVE but good info. appreciate you folks. seems dinoh is saying my jtag that doesn't have a flashed drive can still read my burns enough to redump them. had no idea. that's great news I'll try when I get home

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the rip method with FSD at least is pretty slow since it can only rip so many files at a time. I've seen some games take hours to rip. ripping an iso with exiso, however, is quite a bit faster.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sounds like you've got a shitty drive then.
Game ripping is quite quick, even for games with thousands of times.

@noobwarrior7 unfortunately, you can only rip backups on a JTAG with a flashed DVD drive.
So if the drive is flashed, you can dump them.
Otherwise, you can't.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know. the game in question had about 40,000 files, and this was on an early build of FSD (I don't use Aurora). I ripped the same game in the normal dash, and it didn't take anywhere near as long. I think I just eventually cancelled the one in FSD. this issue only happens with games with a lot of files. it's like the file copy method in FSD which was also slow depending on the number of files, so I think it's an issue with that build of FSD.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Late to the party but my suggestion.

Find a new system to base this one
Do a dual nand with a flashed drive/RGH
Resign all your saves for the new console. Flashed drives have been good on Live for years.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Likely due to it being an early build.
Idk why one would still use old builds.
FSD 3 has been out for years and recently, the Weather API has even stopped.

Aurora is a dash focused at pirates ;/

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my issue with FS3 and Aurora is that they scan the entire database first while FSD2 either did it more quickly or didn't scan the entire database (seems to scan most of it). that way I could click on a game's main executable in file manager instead of waiting for the entire database to be scanned. I had around 1,000 games, so the wait time with FS3 and Aurora was unbearable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night