Homebrew Help recovering Pokemon moon Save data, please!!

Quickschit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad it worked, no I'm not don't worry, I've only got back, you can remove the download link if you would link.

If you want to do something with PkHex PM me and I'd be happy to help
Hi! Not PKhex, but a similar problem. My save is "incompatible" with the pokemon moon version after I attempted to transfer to a larger SD card, and I understand that this is an issue in the "passwords" that the game and the save use. I've only used editors to create pokemon in platinum, I'm out of practice, and a lot has changed. I've got pokemon from 2004 in my save, and I'm willing to do a whole lot to recover everything. I tried multiple programs and emulators to recover everything already, but they all end up being trojans. I contacted nintendo and pokemon, and they just told me to delete the save. I don't even know where to start right now. I was hoping that you could lead me in the right direction to import my save. All I've got right now is the untouched data from the Pokemon Moon SD.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Hi! Not PKhex, but a similar problem. My save is "incompatible" with the pokemon moon version after I attempted to transfer to a larger SD card, and I understand that this is an issue in the "passwords" that the game and the save use. I've only used editors to create pokemon in platinum, I'm out of practice, and a lot has changed. I've got pokemon from 2004 in my save, and I'm willing to do a whole lot to recover everything. I tried multiple programs and emulators to recover everything already, but they all end up being trojans. I contacted nintendo and pokemon, and they just told me to delete the save. I don't even know where to start right now. I was hoping that you could lead me in the right direction to import my save. All I've got right now is the untouched data from the Pokemon Moon SD.

Could you try sending me the save file and I'll try seeing what happens when importing/exporting on my side, plus what are you using to export the save and things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP do not be discouraged from using PKHex. In the future, just remember that with JKSM, you can manually delete the secure value of any digital copy game. I would suggest deleting after importing your edited save, and before loading your game. Once deleted, I believe it stays deleted. If not, just delete it again.

Quickschit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you try sending me the save file and I'll try seeing what happens when importing/exporting on my side, plus what are you using to export the save and things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So do you just need the 6dc800a24780710a5344303400035344 folder or is there something else? I zipped everything but it's a bit over the max size. All I have done is drag and drop files from my SD, but I would like to know where to download all the homebrew and emulator things because I believe I have a fix.

Quickschit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use JKSM to export the save. It looks like you're trying to send the whole installed game (which is encrypted for your console and no one would be able to use anyway)
Oh jeez
I took a good long look at what I would have to do to go from old stock 3ds 11.6.0 to a recovered pokemon save. This is a lot more complicated then I remember from pokemon pearl. From what I understand I need a second 3ds or a flashcart? I'd be willing to get into it, but every time I try to start something I find more prerequisites, and apparently I'm incapable of finding a post that explains everything from start to finish. Is the 'R4i Gold 3DS Plus' what I need to start?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oh jeez
I took a good long look at what I would have to do to go from old stock 3ds 11.6.0 to a recovered pokemon save. This is a lot more complicated then I remember from pokemon pearl. From what I understand I need a second 3ds or a flashcart? I'd be willing to get into it, but every time I try to start something I find more prerequisites, and apparently I'm incapable of finding a post that explains everything from start to finish. Is the 'R4i Gold 3DS Plus' what I need to start?
You don't have CFW? Have a look at https://3ds.guide/ntrboot
Yes that card will definitely work, but use purchase links from the guide. There are ones that are preflashed you can get as well which means a little less work for you after you get it.

Quickschit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are ones that are preflashed you can get as well which means a little less work for you after you get it.
That guide is perfect. I'm assuming all the carts work as long as the version matches up, but will "R4iSDHC B9S" work for a preflashed card? And the preflashed card would skip me straight to installing boot9strap?

wownmnpare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. dont ever use JKSM in pokemon since it will corrupt your file. always use savedatafiler

Edit: tried it in S/M and US/UM! it corrupted my save file

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange. I've never had any issues with using JKSM with S/M/US/UM.

Only things I've done with it though are dumping the save and then immediately importing the save back after making the edits I wanted. I can imagine trying to re-import an older save might be a little more complex, so I avoid it when I can.

Quickschit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep should do.
OK. I've got the flashcard and done the whole setup. How do I get my data from Moon from another SD onto my cfw SD? Just copying it over didn't work, and downloading Moon on CFW SD and then dropping files from the other SD did not work either.

Last edited by Quickschit,

Quickschit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Final schitpost-
Recovered my incompatible save in Pokemon moon, the following was my process.
This whole issue was caused by trying to move game from one SD to another, pokemon games don't allow this.
may also be useful when taking other games from one SD to another, IDK tho.

1) ask nintendo for help and get pooped on
2) Obtain R4i 3ds b9s flashcart purchased through that slightly shady site in china, arrived in about a week and a half (one must do the shady email payment, don't misplace the decimal)
3) follow https://3ds.guide/ntrboot to the letter
4) delete every game but moon from the SD you are moving from (Not necessary if you are a lucky bastard/know what you are doing)
5) Copy 'Nintendo 3DS' file from old SD onto computer (Copy it like a million times if you intend on starting over ten or eleven times)
6) Delete 'Nintendo 3DS' file from new SD and replace with file from old SD (The entire file, lest ye start over ten or eleven times more)
7) Boot game with new SD to ensure you're getting familiar errors, this is how you know it's working
8) install savedatafiler
8) find the only unbroken data under the first tab in savedatafiler
8) delete secure values
8) pray to preferred god(s)
12) 2005 Sceptile recovered

I have become stronger, if anyone experiences similar issues hmu. I don't know how to dm here so one will have to initiate said dm.
I am willing to wade through your 4gb 3ds folder if you can find out how to send it.
I don't actually know what I am doing, but I'm good at pretending. Sometimes, that's all you need.

Last edited by Quickschit,
Reactions: Dannfathom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2