Homebrew {Help Request} Flipnote Studio 3D Online

NoNoNeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I have been looking into this for a little while and found out this is possible. I am semi-newbish to the 3DS homebrew creating scene, and I need help developing an app for it. I need a server to host it upon as well. I want it to eventually be able to be online all the time and an account system. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Reactions: Tigroid

LordBurrito

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uploading flipnote .avis to a server and viewing the server via the 3DS would basically be what it is.
Problem is that no homebrew app can play avi files, so maybe it could automatically convert to .bmpv once it is uploaded?
Unless he wants to write a media playback library. (Which would be nice.)

Reactions: NoNoNeko

NoNoNeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. But the 3DS does have hardware playback and it can be accessed through homebrew. I'm not saying it'll be easy, but it's more then possible. :)

Yeah xD I need a way to host the files online. The flipnotes are saved in EXTdata at the path E:/private/Nintendo3DS/app/JKZE, with a KWZ file format, I don't really want avi so I would probably be using BMPV.

Reactions: LordBurrito

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah xD I need a way to host the files online. The flipnotes are saved in EXTdata at the path E:/private/Nintendo3DS/app/JKZE, with a KWZ file format, I don't really want avi so I would probably be using BMPV.
Within FS3D you have the option to export to AVI. KWZ is not recommended IMO. Can the YouTube app watch AVIs? You could make a homebrew that uploads them to a website(we already have a downloading module in lpp-3ds, if that helps), and we view the website via the YouTube app.

LordBurrito

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Within FS3D you have the option to export to AVI. KWZ is not recommended IMO. Can the YouTube app watch AVIs? You could make a homebrew that uploads them to a website(we already have a downloading module in lpp-3ds, if that helps), and we view the website via the YouTube app.
He can also make it so the uploader has to export it as AVI before uploading. Then his server can convert it to BMPV. Then any user can download the video into the ram (temporary) and play it back in the app. :)

NoNoNeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, I know, but I didn't think YouTube could do custom websites anymore. As far as I know, if we update the YouTube app, we can no longer do the google trick. It kicks us back to the youtube home screen. It would be a nice concept, but I don't think it is possible anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE