Suggestion Help Spread Net Neutrality Awareness

igpltv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Net Neutrality in the US is once again in danger, and we would really appreciate it if you would help spread awareness, we need to get as many people to call congress as we can to stop it. Please join the protest and save the internet.
If the FCC gets their way ISP's will be able to slow down certain sites, give other people faster internet for the same price, and block websites.

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Net Neutrality in the US is once again in danger, and we would really appreciate it if you would help spread awareness, we need to get as many people to call congress as we can to stop it. Please join the protest and save the internet.
If the FCC gets their way ISP's will be able to slow down certain sites, give other people faster internet for the same price, and block websites.
We put out an article on net neutrality I believe. I personally think we should add a widget like the one on https://3ds.guide/

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. It would be nice if, since we're getting down to crunch time, maybe @Costello or @shaunj66 could add one of the BattleForTheNet widgets to the site header? It could be as intrusive or non-intrusive as you guys want it to be, but as we get into the final 24 hours I think that our US members really need to be reminded of the urgency of the situation

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the article in the top right of the front page.
I appreciate it, but I kind of feel like the "featured" articles are a little easy to ignore if you're not looking for them

Although, if that's all that can reasonably be done, then I definitely appreciate it, especially since it's a very well written article

Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate it, but I kind of feel like the "featured" articles are a little easy to ignore if you're not looking for them

Although, if that's all that can reasonably be done, then I definitely appreciate it, especially since it's a very well written article
It's about all I can do from here, though I could sticky it again too.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I added a pixelated Tempy logo effect and changed the text in the header temporarily. Alongside the article Chary wrote and the general awareness we've given the campaign I don't think there's much more we can do without causing a nuisance to our global audience as evidenced by the recent discussion in the site feedback board.

Let's just wait with bated breath and hope the free internet we deserve remains and our freedom of speech is respected.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun