Homebrew Helpful 3DS homebrew threads/links! (Always updating!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordVinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe on "Outside links" you can add useful site with homebrew lists such as 3dbrew.org or gbatemp wiki that seems to have a longer list

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe on "Outside links" you can add useful site with homebrew lists such as 3dbrew.org or gbatemp wiki that seems to have a longer list
Sure!
Seriously people, post up some links, I am just one girl who works full-time. I am here to help, but I also need help as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, 3dsthem.es is way better
The 3dsthem.es threads was already added

No love for 3dsthemes.com?
Added to outside links for now

shadyklutz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I was wondering what entry points work for 2DS running 10.2 to launch HB? I know Cubic Ninja does, but I couldn't find a copy anywhere since last week. Thanks!

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just realized there was some good homebrew that I could suggest here. Taken directly from another thread asking about what homebrew is recommended:

Whackmania's 3DS Port:

...Not included on the list, but I'd also recommend Whackmania for the 3DS. It's a rather high quality little Whack-A-Mole game originally designed for iOS and Android platforms, but the author was nice enough to port it to the 3DS and it's quality astounds me.

....I should add that Whackmania seems to be slightly bugged in Masher's Grid Homebrew Launcher. If you put it in another folder besides the usual "3ds" folder, then it seems to fail to start. Using the button combo to get back to the Homebrew Launcher also seems to crash it.

Other 3DS Homebrew Suggestions:

A couple of other suggestions that just hit me:
Doom - A classic FPS that's a lot of fun to play. Somebody developed a rather nice 3DS port a while back. What's worth noting is that it has some pretty neat-o 3D support. Even if you don't own the full game, you can download the shareware version and have yourself a nice time. Shouldn't be terribly hard to install.

Quake - A pretty well done port created by MasterFiezz. Runs great on my New 3DS and I haven't seen many complaints about how it runs on the Original 3DS. Might be worth a shot? It comes with a shareware version so you can play through a nice little game if you don't own the full release. The same guy who did this port also made a Duke Nukem 3D port. Chances are it won't run very well, but if you're willing to experiment it might be worth a try.

Snake - Pretty fun time killer. I haven't tried this release but rather another recreation of the game done by somebody else, but it's still essentially Snake and I find it to be a fun time waster.

DrawAttack - Haven't tried this one yet, but the concept seems pretty interesting.

World of 3DSand - A pretty cool World of Sand clone. A pretty fun game to randomly doodle in.

I should also add that 3DSThemes has officially been abandoned. I was actually mistaken about it not already being on here, but could you remove the link to 3DSThemes.com since it's no longer being updated?

Can we also get Masher's Homebrew Launcher Theme thread on this list? His grid homebrew menu themes now allow sound support which is pretty nifty, and should probably be noted somewhere. Granted, this is noted on the original post of his Grid Launcher, but having it under the "Themes" category would be excellent.

Last edited by Cornholio309,
Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just realized there was some good homebrew that I could suggest here. Taken directly from another thread asking about what homebrew is recommended:

Whackmania's 3DS Port:

Other 3DS Homebrew Suggestions:

I should also add that 3DSThemes has officially been abandoned. I was actually mistaken about it not already being on here, but could you remove the link to 3DSThemes.com since it's no longer being updated?

Can we also get Masher's Homebrew Launcher Theme thread on this list? His grid homebrew menu themes now allow sound support which is pretty nifty, and should probably be noted somewhere. Granted, this is noted on the original post of his Grid Launcher, but having it under the "Themes" category would be excellent.
I am giving you a god damn cookie for actually listening to the thread and posting links! Thank you!
On topic, I added your links, which actually spawned a whole new section dedicated towards just games and emulators! And I removed the out of date link as well.

Again everyone, post those links! I made this thread to be helpful, now it's your turn to me help others!

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Smashbroshax doesn't work on a 2DS. Don't spread misinformation, please(research before you post).
You know what would be helpful? Posting a link to a thread about this topic to ensure users don't get misinformed about this topic.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Was that supposed to emphasized as a comeback or in a discriminative way, or were you actually asking me to?
If it is the latter, then here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ssb4-entrypoint-by-yellows8.397122/
It was more as a sarcastic nudge towards keeping this topic to the topic on hand, which is sharing and categorizing helpful links. Basically if there's a question and a thread made for that question, try to not only answer that question, but also include a source so I can add to the thread.
Sorry if I came off as rude, there's just way too many suggestions and not enough links to the suggestions. I am one person, so I don't always have the time to search for links. So it's always helpful to include them when posting so I know what to look for.
I added your link, thanks for posting it! ^_^

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Jwiz33

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should probably note that smashhax is a New Nintendo 3DS (XL) only exploit in the link. I'm seeing a really common misconception that the exploit works for any system in the 3DS family, or people sort of forget this bit and this tends to cause some confusion as to what the requirements are.

May I also recommend 3DS_Motion as homebrew? Nothing terribly fancy, but a nice little drawing app to pass the time. This is a fork of 3DSPaint that now allows users to make their own animations in addition to just drawing.

I also feel as if the list really needs to be re-organized in some matter. In it's current state, everything is in categories, but at the same time it feels really crammed and not terribly pleasant to read, I'm sorry to say. I'd urge you make the categories a bit more descriptive. "Information" isn't terribly helpful at first glance and would be much better named "Potential Exploits" or "Exploit Installers". This seems a bit more descriptive as to what the links actually go to. Perhaps re-arranging the links in alphabetical order in each category would also help.

I also believe that Homebrew Emulators/Games should be seperated into two different categories: "Homebrew Emulators" and "Homebrew Games". I believe the Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, and Quake 3DS ports should all stay under games since they're forks of the original source code rather than emulation, but it should be pretty clear where everything besides that goes.

If you're interested, I can shoot you a potential list re-write via private messaging a bit later (perhaps sometime in the coming days), or we can discuss other ways to improve the list via private messaging.

I apologize if this seems kind of rude, but I just find the current list of links a bit messy even with the current category listing, which I think kind of hurts the usefulness of this topic.

GBATemp Irregular
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated links, added some links, and changed the layout a bit.
Anyone interested in making a banner? Why a banner you may ask? Because it would look cool and stand out.
f22b57709cb0a04f01d16a9f70334e42c52d17156c318dae36cc904c66e5036c141ca1c21c49747cda39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709f31a524d74cd620a270a606d827e5984.png

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I love it! I shall make sure you are forever credited!

You should probably note that smashhax is a New Nintendo 3DS (XL) only exploit in the link. I'm seeing a really common misconception that the exploit works for any system in the 3DS family, or people sort of forget this bit and this tends to cause some confusion as to what the requirements are.

May I also recommend 3DS_Motion as homebrew? Nothing terribly fancy, but a nice little drawing app to pass the time. This is a fork of 3DSPaint that now allows users to make their own animations in addition to just drawing.

I also feel as if the list really needs to be re-organized in some matter. In it's current state, everything is in categories, but at the same time it feels really crammed and not terribly pleasant to read, I'm sorry to say. I'd urge you make the categories a bit more descriptive. "Information" isn't terribly helpful at first glance and would be much better named "Potential Exploits" or "Exploit Installers". This seems a bit more descriptive as to what the links actually go to. Perhaps re-arranging the links in alphabetical order in each category would also help.

I also believe that Homebrew Emulators/Games should be seperated into two different categories: "Homebrew Emulators" and "Homebrew Games". I believe the Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, and Quake 3DS ports should all stay under games since they're forks of the original source code rather than emulation, but it should be pretty clear where everything besides that goes.

If you're interested, I can shoot you a potential list re-write via private messaging a bit later (perhaps sometime in the coming days), or we can discuss other ways to improve the list via private messaging.

I apologize if this seems kind of rude, but I just find the current list of links a bit messy even with the current category listing, which I think kind of hurts the usefulness of this topic.
You're ok! ^_^ Like the thread says, it's a WIP and if you have suggestions, post it up! Hell shoot me a PM if you are interested in helping! This goes for everyone, this isn't just my thread, it's a community thread! Help me in helping you guys!

GBATemp Irregular
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love it! I shall make sure you are forever credited!

You're ok! ^_^ Like the thread says, it's a WIP and if you have suggestions, post it up! Hell shoot me a PM if you are interested in helping! This goes for everyone, this isn't just my thread, it's a community thread! Help me in helping you guys!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all