HITMAN GOTY Edition Announcement

dims.jpg

Thought you wouldn't hear of Agent 47 after IO Interactive and Square Enix split earlier this year? Well, think again as IO Interactive just announced HITMAN – Game of the Year Edition!

This new package includes The Complete First Season, the brand new ‘Patient Zero’ campaign, new Escalation Contracts, new weapons, new suits, new challenges, improvements to existing features and new lighting enhancements to all locations that "make the game look better than ever" – plus "a few more surprises".

Read more about this GOTY edition on the recently-turned indie dev's site.

HITMAN – Game of the Year Edition will be released digitally on November 7th 2017 for PS4, Xbox One and PC for $60.

If you already own The Complete First Season, either digitally or on disc, the ‘GOTY Upgrade’ includes all of the new GOTY content and will be available digitally for $20. (The $20 GOTY Upgrade is also available to anyone who purchased all episodes individually or previously purchased the Intro Pack/Upgrade Pack combination.)

:arrow: SOURCE

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know :) but thanks
Is mario an indie game if it's just made by Nintendo though? They made it independently I guess

Not sure if you followed, but IO Interactive has always needed publishers for their games.

Just a few months ago, they cut ties with Square-Enix, meaning this is literally their first time self-publishing.

Reactions: cearp

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a suspiciously high number of games coming out per year with "Game Of The Year" Editions.
I thought we all collectively agreed that the term was beyond saving some 6-7 years ago, and just became a synonym for what gold edition used to be (and that term apparently continued on as the same thing but also saw it become a word for editions sold from the start with a bunch of crap too). I think the last time anybody really questioned it was when Two Worlds II got such an edition and that was 2011 for a 2010 game -- some people did some articles along the lines of "nobody in our little game journalism bubble gave it the nod".

Smug Wendy

Trophies
Website
www.wendys.com
XP
Country
United States
Indie? So hitman is an indie game...? lol

Anyway, cool. I played the demo and he was fun :)
Lol kind of made it obvious when they waited 6 years to finally release another game of the franchise on to a next gen (after the system they released it on was basically past it's prime and people either forgot about the franchise or never even heard of it by the release)

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a suspiciously high number of games coming out per year with "Game Of The Year" Editions.

Most gaming websites will choose different games as their Game Of The Year based on whatever criteria they use to pick a winner.

Game of the year edition is just a marketing term used by the developers/publishers to include all the DLC, a bunch of crappy quotes from said websites and slap another $60 price tag to the game once again, this is not an official title given by an official organization.

2689798-5453713993-2D-Bo.jpg

TL;DR Game Of The Year Edition doesn't mean anything other than "includes DLC"...

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything resembling an official organisation in gaming? Is there even something as vaguely sort of respected as the Oscars in gaming?
I guess a lot of people choose the major gaming websites as some sort of official awards, you know the likes of IGN and Gamespot.

But there is no real equivalent I'd say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol