Homebrew Homebrew Channel Skin Requests

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Putting some finishing touches on a Minish Cap theme. Honestly not sure if I like this one yet or not. Rather impressed with some things I did to incorporate the Kinstones, but the buttons and such have been hard to figure out. We'll see soon. I'll test it this afternoon and take it from there.

Reactions: MassiveRican

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so the Minish Cap theme is at a standstill. Just cannot make up my mind. On a plus note, I should have a Pikmin 3 theme coming either later this evening or tomorrow! Gotta take it home to test, as I'm at the office, but I think its one of my best themes yet! Uploaded a preview. ^_^
HBCPikmin3.png
BTW, if you haven't picked up Pikmin 3 yet, and you own a Wii U, you are missing out! The game is fantastic.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pikmin 3 theme is released! I also did some cleanup in the first post for old info and revisions. Added the installation instructions to the top AND bottom since the list is rather substantial now. ^_^

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
very nice themes, didn't know you could skin homebrew channel :) going to try a few.

edit: what is up with the adware junk in the installer? i think i will pass :( unless anyone has the files without the exe installer.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very nice themes, didn't know you could skin homebrew channel :) going to try a few.

edit: what is up with the adware junk in the installer? i think i will pass :( unless anyone has the files without the exe installer.

Where exactly did you see an exe installer? Nothing I have has that. They are all .rar files through FileTrip. Please be more detailed so I can see what you're talking about and hopefully remedy anything going on.

Edit: That exe installer is something FileTrip does now. Choose manual download to get just the file.

Edit2: Added some simple instructions to the first post to clear up some downloading confusion.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Where exactly did you see an exe installer? Nothing I have has that. They are all .rar files through FileTrip. Please be more detailed so I can see what you're talking about and hopefully remedy anything going on.

Edit: That exe installer is something FileTrip does now. Choose manual download to get just the file.

thanks will choose the manual installer.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Great theme release with Pikmin3 great graphics and neat touches. BTW the MH3U Rathalos theme is probably my fave right now, I'm stuck on MH3U like there's no tomorrow I had no idea what I was in for with that game.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I know its been a while since I've poked my head in here, but edwin4649, if you'd be so kind as to start your own thread instead of hijacking mine, it'd be much appreciated. Also, linking to mediafire through adfly is kinda shady business. If you're going to link something, use FileTrip as they are directly associated with GBATemp. Keep it in house, man. ^_^

Anyway, back on topic here.
I've been really busy since my last theme, as I've been working on some other projects (OUYA review series, learning Stencyl, family things, etc). I've finally got some time to focus on a few themes coming up. I'm not sure what the next one is going to be, so I'll take suggestions again! I'm currently looking toward Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze as a potential idea, but resources are limited for the time being. (Once the Media tab on the official site opens up, there may be enough. ;-) )

So, ideas?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure he meant no disrespect, he probably just saw themes here and thought it would be cool to share, but yea it's a good idea for him to start his own thread as he has enough themes to warrant one ;)

As far as ideas go, I know its niche, and not related to Ninty, but I would go nuts for a theme based on the Rebuild of Evangelion. Other than that, how about either Fatal Frame, Earthbound or Fire Emblem for Ninty franchises?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disrespect or no, it does raise some red flags using adfly. I'm being rather civil about it, so hopefully this will simply move on. That's what I'm doing anyway. Gonna try and put together some themes (note: plural) tomorrow. My wife suggested Krby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Island, and I think Earthbound is perfect! So hopefully I'll have all three up tomorrow. Gonna challenge myself!

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
That's awesome man, and yea Kirby's Epic Yarn sounds like it would be fun to make and navigate with. So tomorrow it's Ninty themes gallore woot woot!! XD

Good luck and have fun this weekend. I'll be on tomorrow night or Sunday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!