Homebrew Homebrew CIAs UniqueID Collection

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do you know the ID used by official game?
that website doesn't provide them, and future games can use ID already chosen for homebrew.

Like I asked on the previous page, isn't it better (less collision possible) to use TitleID prototype or evaluation range?
Code:
TITLE TYPE 	UNIQUE ID RANGE
System 		0x0 - 0x2FF
Application 	0x300 - 0xF7FFF
Evaluation 	0xF8000 -0xFFFFF
Prototype   	0xFF000 - 0xFF3FF

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that website doesn't provide them, and future games can use ID already chosen for homebrew.
All the games I quoted are on the eShop. You just have to look at the order of releases to see that they're being assigned in relative order.
Look at the 0x3XX range, it starts with many launch titles. Kid Icarus' Uprising is 0x300-302, and is known to be one of the earliest 3DS games in development.
A year or so ago, games were barely crossing 0x1000. Recently they've reached 0x1600.
You also shouldn't trust that just because a game isn't on a random site doesn't mean it's not already assigned, since demo carts, event demos and internal use ROMs have also been assigned unique IDs. (I have seen all of these cases. :)) They won't turn up on any site, any time soon.

I'll give you an example.
EU/US Tomodachi Life unique IDs have been on the Savedata Backup blacklist since 2013. This is because they were assigned back then. If they were assigned in 2014, they would've been in the 0x1XXX range already.
For safety, at least the first 0x1700 should be avoided, and probably more.
Promoting the prototype/evaluation range works great, but the way things are now, there are definitely doubles being created, as in my last post.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States

Like I asked on the previous page, isn't it better (less collision possible) to use TitleID prototype or evaluation range?
Code:
TITLE TYPE     UNIQUE ID RANGE
System         0x0 - 0x2FF
Application     0x300 - 0xF7FFF
Evaluation     0xF8000 -0xFFFFF
Prototype       0xFF000 - 0xFF3FF
This needs to be in the OP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0