Tutorial Chaldron's MAC Cycler for Windows

Which version do you use?

• Total voters

litchpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I just can't get this to work properly. I am 100% sure I have my network set up fine. As soon as I load up HomePass v5 (MAX) and enter the time duration for macs, the CMD just gets stuck on the resetting adapter text. I go see my network connections window and I see the Wi-Fi and attwifi disabled and i'm unable to turn them on again without rebooting my PC. What to do? Just in case this helps, I'm running Windows 8 Pro with a Netgear WG111v3.

I have this same exact problem, even with the MACycle 1.20 except I have Netgear WNDR3400v1

arcajeth

Trophies
XP
Country
hi works for me no mac cycler I just get street pass the day manually change the mac address
Sorry pal, I can only tell you what I do:

1. run "cmd" as admin, and type: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key="whatever you want"
2. in your laptop's network connections, make sure your main wifi adapter (not the wifi miniport..., the real one) has enabled, in its properties, the "shared use" (or something similar) option.
3. run macycler and that's it.

spoon79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have followed the instructions. The nintendo Zone is enable and internet conection works. Wifi miniport is enable and works ssid=attwifi. Settings are correct. Only maccycle dosen´t change my mac. If i manually change the mac adress, wifi connetion will be a few seconds disable, than reconnect. I start hostednetwork and than i get streetpass. I don´t no what else i can tune.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Run the debug version of the mac cycler program and see what errors you get when it tries to change the mac address

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
No you can't enter new mac addresses into the program.

Though if you download the batch file containing the source code, then you can edit the code to add in new mac address.

cathairmoustache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Following these instructions I reach a point where my 3DS can successfully connect to the attwifi hotspot (System > Connection Test is ok) but while running the script, the BSSID stays the same.

Manually using macshift on my physical wireless adapter has the same result; the physical adapter changes MAC address, but not the associated virtual network.

Am I doing something wrong?

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following these instructions I reach a point where my 3DS can successfully connect to the attwifi hotspot (System > Connection Test is ok) but while running the script, the BSSID stays the same.

Manually using macshift on my physical wireless adapter has the same result; the physical adapter changes MAC address, but not the associated virtual network.

Am I doing something wrong?

Do you get StreetPassses?

It's supposed to change the MAC of the Wi-Fi adaptor, that's how it works.

cathairmoustache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you get StreetPassses?

It's supposed to change the MAC of the Wi-Fi adaptor, that's how it works.

No, none. The Virtual adapter's MAC address is supposed to mimic the physical adapter's, right?
Because I can change the physical adapter's MAC address ("Wi-Fi"), but the change is not propagated to the virtual one (which hosts "attwifi").

EDIT : Solved by using a USB wifi adapter. Thank you for the assistance!

neninef

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Soo.. Wasn't it supposed to be 4e instead of 6e at the beginning?

It worked, but isn't it supposed to be another mac address?

I think that maybe I am streetpassing everyone who got it wrong too xD

Attachments

• asd.png
    asd.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 510

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like you are being affected by the offset problem that a number of other people have experienced. I've seen people with offsets of "0E", "2E" and "3E" when they try to spoof the mac addresses begining with "4E".

The problem appears to be hardware related. You should still be able to get streetpass hits from people affected by the same error, but the pool of people that you can get a streetpass hit from will be small.

IreneGR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Today I used this guide on my laptop and worked great! Now I am trying to work it on my PC... Everything seems to be connected but not getting any street passes. My PC uses ethernet but it prefers to connect over WiFi first, how can I change this? :/ Does it matter? I don't know how to fix it I am not a pro on PC technology.

TTiK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello there. I decided to post here because I tried use the program. I'm not computer wise, but I noticed one major problem. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium and I don't have commands specified here.
"The following command was not found" is the text I get whenever I put the commands. Me and my friend experimented a little bit but we gave up.
I could not find anything Windows Vista homepass tutorial. Is it possible to use Mac Cycler in some way? Or should I give up and start looking for different solutions/programs/downloads?

Uziumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, as you might see on an older page, I've been saying it won't work no matter what method I use that I've found on the forums.
Today I decided to try again on my new computer and I got it to work on both of my 3DSs. Got about 40 hits on the Mii Plaza and every one of my games got a hit every time even if the Mii I got had the game or not.

My guess is that my problem before (and still would be as I still own the old laptop) is that the card on my other laptop is not compatible with any method.

Can honestly say, awesome job Chaldron. Got a lot of puzzle pieces today because of you and maxed out my Kid Icarus boxes.

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've now got a working HomePass (though changing Mac Address doesn't let me suddenly connect to another zone.. I still have to wait 8 hours...why?) using a dual-wireless Windows 7. Yay!

But my question is...

I have a Japanese version 3DS, and have been wanting to find out about the McDonalds and ANAでDS puzzles.

Can I StreetPass to get them, like I did almost every other puzzle (provided the system is fully up to date)?

Most puzzles have come in sets, and so long as you have the system up to date, you get a new puzzle mainly by streetpassing someone who has at least one piece of that puzzle then getting it.

So, can I get these two? Or was the first piece only ever available from the local wireless events they were given at? (I don't need hearsay, or suspicions, I already have that. I just need the yes/no answer from someone else who also has a Japanese system and knows the answer)

datsui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I've now got a working HomePass (though changing Mac Address doesn't let me suddenly connect to another zone.. I still have to wait 8 hours...why?) using a dual-wireless Windows 7. Yay!

But my question is...

I have a Japanese version 3DS, and have been wanting to find out about the McDonalds and ANAでDS puzzles.
Can I StreetPass to get them, like I did almost every other puzzle (provided the system is fully up to date)?

Most puzzles have come in sets, and so long as you have the system up to date, you get a new puzzle mainly by streetpassing someone who has at least one piece of that puzzle then getting it.

So, can I get these two? Or was the first piece only ever available from the local wireless events they were given at? (I don't need hearsay, or suspicions, I already have that. I just need the yes/no answer from someone else who also has a Japanese system and knows the answer)

for that 2 puzzle, you will have to directly download the first puzzle from them before you can get the rest from the others or buy complete it from coins you have
to put it simply is : NO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.