• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Homosexual people want to marry in France?

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First the Dutch Sauce

translated from the page with google.

QUOTE said:
PARIS - The French Constitutional Court has determined Friday that the ban on gay marriage is constitutional.

French media reported this. A lesbian couple had filed a complaint against the ban.

The couple with two children wanted a civil partnership after ten years of the marriage act.

According to a French survey, nearly 60 percent of French people favor of legalizing marriage between two people of the same sex. In several countries in the European Union is a possible gay marriage, including the Netherlands, Belgium and Spain.

ohnoes.png
I am not going to France anymore!
unsure.gif

NatureMade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel like the topic title is extremely...offensive...
Homo's just feels too "Slang" and insulting when all you had to do was spell out the whole word, "Homosexuals"

Either way, kinda a shocker. I thought everyone over in Europe was chill with these kinds of situations.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed the topic title to be a little less offensive in terms of slang.

I'm not gay, but as a supported of gay rights, this is a sad day for human freedom. Another little bit of that freedom chipped away...

It's kind of interesting though. As a small child i visited France. That was my first encounter with homosexual people. At the time, i didn't understand why two women would be kissing one another. It seemed much more open (at least at the time) and public than it tends to be over here in the US. I too am surprised about this restriction. I always thought Europe was more open minded and accepting about homosexuality in general (some countries at least, France included).

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
granville said:
I changed the topic title to be a little less offensive in terms of slang.

I'm not gay, but as a supported of gay rights, this is a sad day for human freedom. Another little bit of that freedom chipped away...

It's kind of interesting though. As a small child i visited France. That was my first encounter with homosexual people. At the time, i didn't understand why two women would be kissing one another. It seemed much more open (at least at the time) and public than it tends to be over here in the US. I too am surprised about this restriction. I always thought Europe was more open minded and accepting about homosexuality in general (some countries at least, France included).

Thanks for the title change, didn´t think of it.

Holland is very open minded!

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ProtoKun7 said:
Wabsta said:
Gaaaay.

I don't really understand why anyone would ban gay marriage.. I never did. How is it different to a normal marriage?
Did you really just ask that?
it's not that different, really, marriage is a matter of financial interest. We gays don't wanna marry for religious purpose.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ProtoKun7 said:
Wabsta said:
Gaaaay.

I don't really understand why anyone would ban gay marriage.. I never did. How is it different to a normal marriage?
Did you really just ask that?
It's a reasonable question, although I wouldn't put it as a normal, more like heterosexual.
There is no difference between a homosexual marriage and a heterosexual marriage, outside of that fact that one happens to be between 2 people of the same gender.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wabsta said:

How is it different? That's an easy one. Marriage rituals tend to involve the great angry beast known as religion. Said great angry beast has been used time and time again over the years to legitimize people's fear of homosexuality. If the marriage rituals didn't involve religion, take place in a church, etc, the complainers really wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Love is a concept far removed from what gender you are.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if the french dont want to let gay get marry well is their country anyway i know how to fix it dont call it marriage call it something else like butt buddies or something else who knows

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
How am I not surprised? I've despised the French government ever since Sarkozy took the throne. Things are starting to feel downhill in Southern Europe....

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
well under normal laws, it should be allowed cuz it doesnt affect the people but religiously it affects the morality of the society/country
logically (though i cant say i really am good at it), if the reason is religious, then why ban the burqa (veil of the face)? is it bcz of security reasons? then why ban this? is this also bcz of security reasons? do they feel that disallowing gay marriages will reduce... crime? what kind of crime is this other than religious?

i aint giving my clear opinion on this but if they allow gay relationships, cuz it becomes normal then who will stop something like (sorry for saying this) sleeping with their mothers cuz its freedom? would ppl reject this activity or allow it cuz of freedom? the problem i have with freedom is how far it goes and if a limit is established, why does it keeping changing? are humans changing (physically,mentally,morally)?

sorry for the questions cuz i didnt want to be starting a war here

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
well under normal laws, it should be allowed cuz it doesnt affect the people but religiously it affects the morality of the society/country
logically (though i cant say i really am good at it), if the reason is religious, then why ban the burqa (veil of the face)? is it bcz of security reasons? then why ban this? is this also bcz of security reasons? do they feel that disallowing gay marriages will reduce... crime? what kind of crime is this other than religious?

i aint giving my clear opinion on this but if they allow gay relationships, cuz it becomes normal then who will stop something like (sorry for saying this) sleeping with their mothers cuz its freedom? would ppl reject this activity or allow it cuz of freedom? the problem i have with freedom is how far it goes and if a limit is established, why does it keeping changing? are humans changing (physically,mentally,morally)?

thats not a tired argument or anything. gay marriage drive people towards incest! why can't we marry our pets!
rolleyes.gif

you aren't born with incest tendencies. you are born gay. i think its hard for some straight people to grasp this because they haven't gone through what we have (coming out, finding out our sexual identity, etc).

i don't have faith that this thread will last long, judging by how long other similar threads lasted.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so you're saying that homosexuals want to be treated like everyone else as is their right as human beings?

What madness is this?

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:

u trying to piss people off it has been proven time and time again that if you are gay or strait is deided at birth. this has been proven by science. incest is not decided at birth like if your gay or not.

i think what the french government is doing is horrible i am straight but i support gay marrage 200%. its not like you asked to be gay or not. but love has no gender is my belief

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we should fund a search for a cure to homosexuality. It's obviously a defect that people are born with. Science needs to step in. Besides gays are really annoying. I'm over the whole gay thing. I can't understand this gay derangement syndrome that so many people have. Everyone is obsessed with gays. Wait and see what happens to the gays when Muslims become the majority in Europe and gays are treated the same why they are in Iran..

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fireballo said:
I think we should fund a search for a cure to homosexuality. It's obviously a defect that people are born with. Science needs to step in. Besides gays are really annoying. I'm over the whole gay thing. I can't understand this gay derangement syndrome that so many people have. Everyone is obsessed with gays. Wait and see what happens to the gays when Muslims become the majority in Europe and gays are treated the same why they are in Iran..
are you trying to pis people off or are you joking. being gay is a fine thing to be but you are being a douch that is one of the worst things to be. do you enjoy pising people off cause you re really pissin me off?

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Fireballo said:

Pliskron?
blink.gif
is that you?

I don't care what the gays and lesbians do. Let them marry already.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fireballo said:

"They see me trollin'..."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM