How and what age did you find out Santa wasnt real?

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 4,227
  • Replies 53
  • Likes 1

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
age 7, finding a unwrapped present hiding behind the living room sofa, with eaton's price tag on it (a previous big box retail store in canada, no longer around, it was 70s)

after that i didn't believe in santa anymore, but instead i believe in eaton's, used to run away from my dad when we went shopping, and he would find me on the top floor in toys section, playing with opened toys, and he would end up having to pay for them and bring them home, i didn't understand about money yet, but soon afterwards i did when he forced me to get a newspaper delivery route at age 12 and cut me off from my weekly allowance.
hey its gay oprea welco e to this forum... u bought max console right?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I don't remember when I stopped believing, but I remember doing an experiment that "proved" he existed, I think I was 5 or 6. I wrote in my Santa letter that I wanted a toy gorilla, to be a parent to my toy monkey I think. Anyway I was very careful not to tell ANYONE that this is what I wanted, no adults, no other children. I sealed up the letter so that no one could read it. On Christmas morning I got a toy gorilla! I remember being so amazed and it felt so magical. I realised a year or so later that mum obviously opened all our Santa letters and didn't actually post them for us :-p

Reactions: x65943

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
hey its gay oprea welco e to this forum... u bought max console right?

Yes, after psx-scene got sold, I found out Zeus was very sick, so i took over maxconsole from him, instead of taking up the stupid offer the new owners of psx-scene offered me.

I always been lurking here, normally you find me in the 3ds flashcart section, and a bit in switch section.

Thanks for the welcome, and happy holidays, may all those that still believe in Santa get great gifts this year, all others sorry all you get is lump of coal.

BTW, everyone knows whom the real
1387443605.jpg
Santa is, its Mario! :)

Trophies
XP
Country
France
idk, somewhere around age 6, I think I never really believed he was real, I had some doubt about how my parents could've bought a Wii, which is a giant package, without me noticing, but soon afterwards I understood.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
It was the complete opposite to me.

I didn't believe in Santa until I was 7. Before then, I clearly remember people dressing up as Santa for us kids but I always recognized a member of my family. Until my 7th Christmas when I see this Santa and... and... who the fuck is he? IS HE SANTA?? OH MY GOD

Years later I still have no idea who this person was and none of my family members remember.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about 7 and I remember being in the car with my father talking about the things I asked for and how excited I was for christmas... My father looked at me and said "Santa isn't real and your mother is lying to you." I was pissssed.
My parents were divorced so my father would try anything to get me to hate her. He was just an asshole. Ruined it for my step sister when she was around the same age as well....

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was about 7 and I remember being in the car with my father talking about the things I asked for and how excited I was for christmas... My father looked at me and said "Santa isn't real and your mother is lying to you." I was pissssed.
My parents were divorced so my father would try anything to get me to hate her. He was just an asshole. Ruined it for my step sister when she was around the same age as well....
While I can't speak to your old man being an arsehole or not I would have to question if and what value considering father christmas to be real has for a child and how removing that belief may cause harm.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Around five, just figured out tooth fairy, easter bunny, etc, all one right after the other bam bam bam. Still had to keep up the "pretense" for younger sibling, though.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I can't speak to your old man being an arsehole or not I would have to question if and what value considering father christmas to be real has for a child and how removing that belief may cause harm.
Say what now? I feel like im getting what you are saying partially, but that 1 sentence is a little confusing for me lol
My father was terrible tbh. I have never hated someone as much as I have hated him. He ruined a lot of things for me and my step siblings as we grew up. Holidays were one of those things.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont remember what age but I was very young. Dont care about Santa Claus ever. Just loved the gifts thats it. :)

Therefore, Santa Claus, St Patrick, Easter, birthday, and etc are just fake and pagans. Thats all. Manmade, you know.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Say what now? I feel like im getting what you are saying partially, but that 1 sentence is a little confusing for me lol
My father was terrible tbh. I have never hated someone as much as I have hated him. He ruined a lot of things for me and my step siblings as we grew up. Holidays were one of those things.
You said ruined. Ruined usually means something fairly serious. I then wondered if being made aware father christmas was not real was all that troubling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good