Hardware How can I be 100% sure that my Vita bricked ?

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Later this day I tried replacing my deleted Welcome Park App with the decrypted one from Mr.Gas so I did the following:

Started VitaRW
copied the Stuff to pd0:app/
then I thought if I could use the Welcome Park without Henkaku running (I didn't reboot and I didn't look if the above worked)
I uninstalled Enso and it automatically shutdown...

And now is my PS Vita no longer booting (no blue light,no recovery)
I just get the Orange light when charging.

Something I discovered:

When I connect my PS Vita via USB to my PC running Qcma the Led turns Orange like when it's charging
but when I press the power Button the Led goes off.

I know that was stupid but I will replace my WiFi board sooner or later with the 3G one....

My Question is: Is the Vita fully dead or is there some Voodoo Stuff that I can try to recover my PS Vita ?

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Not sure if it's the same as my case, but i had the same issue as you before(can't boot and no light except when charging). I just left my vita alone for a bit, and after that hold the power button (~15-30mins for me), then the recovery menu pop up(at least for me)

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure if it's the same as my case, but i had the same issue as you before(can't boot and no light except when charging). I just left my vita alone for a bit, and after that hold the power button (~15-30mins for me), then the recovery menu pop up(at least for me)

Can you say how you set this up ?
My setup looks like this XD:

LRrm0Kx.jpg

Did you charged your Console or connected it to your Computer while doing this ?

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can you say how you set this up ?
My setup looks like this XD:

LRrm0Kx.jpg

Did you charged your Console or connected it to your Computer while doing this ?
Lol no, i just hold the button manually with my finger. As for the charger, iirc it is unplugged because the vita still have some battery left. Fyi, in my case the vita can't boot after it suddenly turn off(not sure when playing a game, installing, or messing with stuff)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've run vita rw on the pstv with enso installed in order to place the permanent whitelist on vd0 before. it's best, unless absolutely necessary, to leave vta rw alone and don't delete any vs0 apps.

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I didn't meant to blame the Homebrew Dev'(s) that they are responsible for my Brick (it is stated in every Mit License....)
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2016 Yifan Lu
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
SOFTWARE.

This was meant more as a help to prevent others from risking a brick by doing some stupid stuff like I did.(running VitaRW....)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like you're correct. I just looked at the app.db appinfo table. pd0/app/10007 is where welcome park is located. I thought it was in the vs0 partition along with the other apps.

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and I think it's not needed that every stranger writes a Comment how Idiotic that Action was. (You learn from Experience)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

looks like you're correct. I just looked at the app.db appinfo table. pd0/app/10007 is where welcome park is located. I thought it was in the vs0 partition along with the other apps.
Would have been awesome if it was just vs0....
(even when vs0 is completely wiped you can still boot into recovery and restore the System)
(not possible with os0 or pd0)

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running Vita RW although not recommended unless absolutely needed didn't brick you either. It's the changes you made after running it that bricked you. In short the software all worked as expected but you simply made a change to the Vita that would brick a non CFW device and then uninstalled Enso. It was all you dude. Although I do agree with your message of not doing something stupid with Vita RW like you did. That modified/decrypt Ed system app you attempted to reinstall after for whatever reason removing it is the culprit. Decrypted system apps will only work when a Vita is hacked. Since you reverted to stock after installing this it bricked. Never make major changes to the internal system and expect it to work on OFW. It's just a bad idea period.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if that's the reason. technically, with vs0, u could delete the entire partition and it wouldn't hard brick a system. this is one using regular henkaku too. it would take u to the recovery menu upon bootup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup