Hacking How do I fix my R4i Gold Plus card?

ametefesamuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have already homebrewed my 3DS with LUMA. Now I want to use my R4i Gold plus for NDS Mode but anytime I launch it with the right files, the screen turns wait.

Help me! Any fix?

The switch is flicked to D.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have already homebrewed my 3DS with LUMA. Now I want to use my R4i Gold plus for NDS Mode but anytime I launch it with the right files, the screen turns wait.

Help me! Any fix?

You need to download the latest wood from the official website r4ids.cn and unzip it to the root directory of your tf card.
Besides,you need to push the switch to "D".
That's all.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Help me! Any fix?

If you've never used a DS flashcart before, all of them universally require a kernel placed on the cart's MicroSD. The R4i Gold + is no different. With the kernel files on the flashcart MicroSD, it should just work.

dsearnack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, you did not need to make a second thread for this. You could have just used the thread you already made. Not a huge deal, but for future reference. It helps keep the forums free of clutter. Secondly, is the card still ntrboot enabled or is it restored? If the cartridge doesnt show up or it gives a white screen, i believe you need to reflash it. To do that, download the ntrboot .firm payload from here https://github.com/ntrteam/ntrboot_flasher/releases, put it in with your other payloads in the payloads folder in the luma folder, launch it on boot, and restore the backup you should have made.

Last edited by Giodude,
Reactions: dsearnack

dsearnack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the backup that is created by default fails (like it did for me) you can go back and flash from the backup file @
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j9fgakxvjmm4el1/R4i+Gold+3DS+Plus+r4ids.cn+flash+backup.zip

there is something about revisions on each card, different versions, so im not 100% sure that it will work for you - but basically when you download that zip you will see multi folders.. if the DS mode is broken, use the backup from the DS MODE folder - and likewise for the N side with the NTR folder
hope that helps

ametefesamuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the backup that is created by default fails (like it did for me) you can go back and flash from the backup file @
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j9fgakxvjmm4el1/R4i+Gold+3DS+Plus+r4ids.cn+flash+backup.zip

there is something about revisions on each card, different versions, so im not 100% sure that it will work for you - but basically when you download that zip you will see multi folders.. if the DS mode is broken, use the backup from the DS MODE folder - and likewise for the N side with the NTR folder
hope that helps
Where do i place the files?

dsearnack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just did this again on lunch hope this helps...
backup.bin belongs in /sdcard/ntrboot/backup.bin (check to make sure its there FROM the DS mode folder)

boot ntr flasher
first option, forth down is gold card, Arrow down then A to select
select Restore Flash - it will write a few times this is normal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning