How do you make friends?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So simply put, is just a question to think about. We all have our ways, some people are successful and some aren't but that is for another time. What are things you do that gets you friends when you want to socialize? :unsure:

It can be in real life, or over the internet, just share some of your stories, even if there is ones here at this very site.

MrCatFace

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I went to a new school one year. Knew no one. Just talk to people. Or just do your own thing and wait for people to come to you. Thats what I did. Met so many people and build a great friend group.

Just be yourself.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
COMMUNICATE IN A HUMAN MATTER TO CONVERSE TOPICS IN WHICH BOTH PARTIES ENJOY THE SUBJECT THAT IS CURRENTLY BEING DISCUSSED.

When I transferred to my new school, I would talk to my old friends, then I would just go up to them and say hi. Then we have a conversation then hang out sometimes, when your friend starts walking to you to talk is when you know you're friends with them.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Off Topic
@Chary You know what I just realized you have a Charmander in your pic. Of all these months I just realized that. And your name Chary, Char, Charmander, is that where you got your name?

Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Off Topic
@Chary You know what I just realized you have a Charmander in your pic. Of all these months I just realized that. And your name Chary, Char, Charmander, is that where you got your name?
Yep! Most people don't realize and pronounce it like "cherry", too, when it's just char-y, like charmander :P

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Yep! Most people don't realize and pronounce it like "cherry", too, when it's just char-y, like charmander :P
How many people actually realized that your name comes from Charmander? And pointed that out. Was that a nickname for your charmander?
I guess you put a picture of charmander hoping people will get it, but they don't.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't make friends .... I just get to know strangers a little bit better some times ... but friends ... nah

Dunno I am kind of anti social even though I like to tell everyone about my love for Japan XD
my two latest "friends" are one Alcoholic I met while I was in Japan (I really hoped that he would not talk to me but he did and we became kinda friends and still write mails since some years and sometimes even visit each other) and the other one was a guy who was waiting in front of the classroom door at the Japanese class I went to for a short time, I noticed that he was listening to songs by YUI which I was a big fan of (still like her old stuff) so I asked him how he got Japanese music and why he was listening to YUI ... now I will travel to Japan with him in 2 1/2 weeks XD

Most funny one was a guy ~120kg with long beard and looking like he was in a rocker gang who told me " I will meet you after school ! " when we both went to the same Job school (learning IT) and I was imagining several hours how I could beat such a heavy and "strong" looking guy as fast as possible ... or if there is any way to run away ...
Than after school I was ready to get beaten up and he asked my why I had my fists ready for battle as he heard that I liked Anime and Manga he wanted me to recommend some Manga to him XD
After that I noticed we even had to take the same Bus as he was more or less a neighbour that I have never seen before.

Reactions: Cyan and Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You just be yourself, but be interested in what the other person has to say. Be responsive to cues that they're annoyed or not interested or uncomfortable so you can change the topic or ask them a question.
As for making friends --- I guess sometimes when I'm in a group that's all doing the same thing, I might make fun of something that happened to the person next to me (because doing so amuses myself, not necessarily because I'm trying to make a friend), and sometimes a conversation will develop or they'll make jokes to me too later on (if they have the same sense of humour, sometimes they might instead think my comments are in poor taste and avoid me!). If we see each other regularly anyway then it is easy to maintain a friendship but otherwise I would often let it languish because I can't be bothered to make regular plans etc.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended