Hacking How high are the chances that we could see a dual boot option with Android?

How high are the chances that we could see a dual boot option with Android?

• 100%

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • 90%

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 80%

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 70%

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 60%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 50%

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • 40%

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • 30%

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 20%

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • 10%

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • 0%

Votes: 79 47.3%

• Total voters

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
yeah we can because I'm not begging for Android but hoping. If it never comes, I'll accept that fact but considering that the Switch is just a Shield TV with one more gig of RAM, chances are high that some Android dev will attempt a port.

.. And when it does, it'll be an interesting day for sure.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Team Xecuter's mod

But Android on Switch? Really? I don't see the point.

yeah we can because I'm not begging for Android but hoping. If it never comes, I'll accept that fact but considering that the Switch is just a Shield TV with one more gig of RAM, chances are high that some Android dev will attempt a port.

I fail to see the benefit.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Emulators, media playback, mobile games if anyone would even like to play those, etc etc.

Blah, I'm ignorant. Totally spaced the "dual-boot" options. Hm.

Would definitely add to the experience. Oo Especially if it worked well enough with the dock.

In all seriousness? I apologize for my ignorance here. I see "Switch" and "Android" and for whatever reason I'm triggered.

Last edited by Kioku,

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Emulators would be the only use for me, if I would even dual boot. But then, we will most likely have those same emulators ported for the switch as homebrews. A media player also shouldn't be a problem as a homebrew, or it might even come in one of the official updates. Even the 3ds had a music player so why the switch doesn't at this point is beyond my understanding.

As I am currently spending my spare time on the go with Lineage 2 Revolution, it would be tempting to try it out on android. Some sort of APK installer would do the trick too I guess, since it's pretty much the same architecture.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulators would be the only use for me, if I would even dual boot. But then, we will most likely have those same emulators ported for the switch as homebrews. A media player also shouldn't be a problem as a homebrew, or it might even come in one of the official updates. Even the 3ds had a music player so why the switch doesn't at this point is beyond my understanding.

As I am currently spending my spare time on the go with Lineage 2 Revolution, it would be tempting to try it out on android. Some sort of APK installer would do the trick too I guess, since it's pretty much the same architecture.

One major hurdle for homebrew is no hardware acceleration, so yeah, that'll be a while before we see it. Software acceleration is pretty slow.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't your mama ever tell you if you don't have anything to contribute don't post anything at all?

chrisman02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God this is a stupid notion... Sorry, not sorry.

Android OS only works with preapproved hardware. There is no way to get an Android OS to even *begin* to recognize a Nintendo Switch. The internals are too unique.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God this is a stupid notion... Sorry, not sorry.

Android OS only works with preapproved hardware. There is no way to get an Android OS to even *begin* to recognize a Nintendo Switch. The internals are too unique.
android can be ported actually. if it has the same parts as the shield tablet then we could use the source code from that to try to port it to the switch hardware. since it has the tegra chip, technically it can be done.

but having android on a switch is just stupid

syone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For me it would be a nice feature to have.

I know that I can play these games on my tablet or phone but I think it would be more enjoyable on the switch.
I would love to play games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, B.G etc. on the switch with the joy cons attached.
Like full working Emulators, kodi player, different streaming devices and Data management on the go.

I could enjoy everything with just 1 device :D.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it would be a nice feature to have.

I know that I can play these games on my tablet or phone but I think it would be more enjoyable on the switch.
I would love to play games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, B.G etc. on the switch with the joy cons attached.
Like full working Emulators, kodi player, different streaming devices and Data management on the go.

I could enjoy everything with just 1 device :D.
i compile android from source for my phones
but id never try it for the switch.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While Android might be nice for mobile gaming I'd see it more practical to have a Linux desktop distro. Though in all honesty I'm sure we will see a solution for a second OS but what OS is determinant on what those developing it would want.

Reactions: Kioku

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not impossible, but it's unlikely to ever happen. I can understand that you'd want to only carry around one device at a time, but when you take your Switch on the go, do you leave your phone home? Doubt it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night