• Start date
  • Views 12,865
  • Replies 173

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Showering once every other day? 3 times a week?

Nasty
That's really all you need unless you live somewhere really hot and humid. It can actually damage your skin to shower more than that (assuming you're taking 10-15 minute showers daily in warm to hot water). If you sweat more than other people or you smell worse naturally then you could need showers every day, but in general bi-daily is fine.

If wear the same clothes for like 2-3 days (which is probably unlikely unless you're a shut in or spend a couple days at someone's house without bringing a change of clothes) and don't wear deodorant or antiperspirant then maybe you'd have to shower more too.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the summer I do it twice a day. Otherwise once a day, usually after I do some exercise, unless something's had to disturb the routine (then it'll be twice - since I have to shower after exercise). In the coldest parts of the year, it might be twice every three days, but again, not if I'm also exercising (to be fair though, sometimes it's too cold to).

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed it does.
When using shampoo, you rinse away the natural oils your scalp produces to keep your hair soft and strong.
Shampoos which got oils added to them don't work nearly as good as natural bodily oil.

Also, if you regularly go to a barber and have your hair washed there, you got an increased risk of forming a blood clot in your neck veins as you lean back to get your hair washed.

Everybody who cares about their hair, please, don't wash it every day.

I have to add tho, the time I take for a shower is roughly 30-40 mins.
This includes a bodyshave n what not.
Sometimes I do it in 15 mins, when I'm at me brother, playing games.
i wash my hair about 2 times a week mostly due to the colors i dye it

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every other day generally. That seems like enough most of the time, though I sometimes go for days without cleansing. Depression and hatred of all living things takes over sometimes and things just excel through dirtiness and hatred until a good old fashioned drinking shower takes place.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
If you'd stop washing your hair daily, your body shouldn't make so much scalp oil.

hey mate, i recently read about a nopoo thing.
basically not using shampoo anymore or something.

so here's the thing, i want to be able to shower and not use shampoo and get rid of greasy oily hair.

i usually shampoo my hair everyday simply because when i go a day without shampooing my hair it becomes quite oily, not overly but it does get oily.

so here is a question of mine, if i shower and wash my hair just with simple warm/hot water and not use shampoo, will my hair produce less oil this way too ?
or is it an absolute must to not wash hair for at least a couple of days , i cannot go a day without washing my hair because otherwise i'd be disgusted by myself.

i hit the gym nearly everyday , and when i get home i cannot lay down my mat and play my video games unless i shower/wash my hair first.

and even when i just simply go outside for some hours and come back, i must shower/wash.

edit: i did wash my hair yesteday with the nopoo method, did not use shampoo , and after that my hair felt almost as if i had gone a day without washing it (not using shampoo) and thus it looks greasy atm.

i plan to do nopoo again today, i hope it works this way too hmmm
i might blow dry it after washing hair ,maybe i will get a matte look then.

edit2: i took a shower earlier and washed my hair with nopoo, just warm/hot water.
and i then blow dried it, and it is still somewhat greasy looking, looks shiny , it is not overly oily though ,for that i am happy, but i love matte look hair.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,
Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hey mate, i recently read about a nopoo thing.
basically not using shampoo anymore or something.

so here's the thing, i want to be able to shower and not use shampoo and get rid of greasy oily hair.

i usually shampoo my hair everyday simply because when i go a day without shampooing my hair it becomes quite oily, not overly but it does get oily.

so here is a question of mine, if i shower and wash my hair just with simple warm/hot water and not use shampoo, will my hair produce less oil this way too ?
or is it an absolute must to not wash hair for at least a couple of days , i cannot go a day without washing my hair because otherwise i'd be disgusted by myself.

i hit the gym nearly everyday , and when i get home i cannot lay down my mat and play my video games unless i shower/wash my hair first.

and even when i just simply go outside for some hours and come back, i must shower/wash.

edit: i did wash my hair yesteday with the nopoo method, did not use shampoo , and after that my hair felt almost as if i had gone a day without washing it (not using shampoo) and thus it looks greasy atm.

i plan to do nopoo again today, i hope it works this way too hmmm
i might blow dry it after washing hair ,maybe i will get a matte look then.

edit2: i took a shower earlier and washed my hair with nopoo, just warm/hot water.
and i then blow dried it, and it is still somewhat greasy looking, looks shiny , it is not overly oily though ,for that i am happy, but i love matte look hair.

It should take a while before your body stops producing so much scalp oil.
Ofcourse, it differs from person to person with differences in ethnicities.

Idk if you got long or short hair, thick or thin, curly or straight n what not.
But I'd say take this opportunity to experiment on yourself.
Wash your hair every 2 days or so for a start and then every 3 days orso.
Wait a couple of weeks before finally judging.

I'm curious if it works tho!

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
It should take a while before your body stops producing so much scalp oil.
Ofcourse, it differs from person to person with differences in ethnicities.

Idk if you got long or short hair, thick or thin, curly or straight n what not.
But I'd say take this opportunity to experiment on yourself.
Wash your hair every 2 days or so for a start and then every 3 days orso.
Wait a couple of weeks before finally judging.

I'm curious if it works tho!

i has medium lenght hair, not too long , i rarely cut my hair short though.
my hair is somewhat curly on the ends only, i will try what you said.

i think it is abit better than yesterday , it was more greasy yesterday, and blow drying my hair today made a difference too.

the nopoo thing is cool though , i will try it out for a couple more days to see if my hair will have those white flakes?
i think it is called dandruff?

i usually never have that stuff unless i would go for days without washing hair, but i am abit afraid that not using shampoo might get me dandruff somehow haha.

i have no hair problems, but i just wanted to try this nopoo thing , i'll see how it goes.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm, if you do get dandruff, just switch to an anti dandruff shampoo.
Head n shoulders or something.

Idk if you use shampoo designed for males?
I personally use shampoo designed for females, keeps me hair soft and works a hell of a lot better then male shampoos.
I've got above shoulder length hair, you likely seen me pop up in temper pics once a while ;p

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq

I personally use shampoo designed for females, keeps me hair soft and works a hell of a lot better then male shampoos.
I've got above shoulder length hair, you likely seen me pop up in temper pics once a while ;p

did not check the thread for replies , hey buddy.
i use h&s apple fresh for good smell.

i use shampoo only twice per week now, i apply it twice when i shower, anyway Dove and H&S have been the only shampoos i been using for as long as i can remember and i use pantene conditioner , i guess that shampoo i seen laying around in our main bathroom elseve is for women haha.

they usually soften my hair way too much , i like Dove the most because it makes my hair feel thick unlike the rest of the shampoos that either dry (or women shampoo soften and thin my hair).

and yeha i seen your hair, looks sexy.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Fair enough.

How does the greasy hair part work out for you?
It lessened?

sort of , just a little bit.

but i tend to feel more refreshed using shampoo -v-
and i usually never have that dandruff stuff , those tiny white particles.

they only would appear if i go 2-3 days without washing hair.

i even got them when using only conditioner (cowashing).
but less than doing nopoo.

and well i googled abit, and it seems that those that workout /sweat abit (for me i go to the gym almost every day).
and also those that have natural oily hair, i do have oily hair if i go a day without using shampoo.

so i might use shampoo only abit less than usual, i will try 4 times a week instead of daily shampooing C:

also cause if i go nopoo i will have greasy/oily hair and i dislike it, feels not clean.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

I like using the coconut oil shampoos. It leaves your hair a lot smoother. I wash every 2-3 days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards