Tutorial How to fix the HomeBrew Browser in six easy steps!

Do you use Homebrew Browser

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This is a tutorial on how to fix the HBB. I have seen a lot of people on Wii Chatter asking about this problem, so i'm making this post.

Step one: Put your SD Card in your computer (unless you have WiiExplorer, which you can fix it with).
Step two: Open your SD Card and go into apps, then the Homebrew Browser folder.
Step three: Open the file called "settings.xml" with Notepad.
Step four: find the text "setting_server="0" .
Step five: change the 0 to 1.
Step six: put the SD Card in your Wii and go to HBB and voila! It works!

I hope this guide helped. Though I suggest using WiiBrew for getting apps from. They have a much more up-to-date library of apps and you really don't need to be on PC for that either. Just go to WiiBrew on PC and download WiiBrowser, an internet browser that can download files (not to be confused with WiiExplorer). The version on HBB is out-of-date. I also suggest WiiExplorer (again, the version on HBB is out of date), a file browser for Wii. It has many uses and I have used it tons of times. Hope this helps!

NOTE: (edited April 2nd, 2017) The regular repo is back up, but it's best to use the secondary repo.

Last edited by banjo2, , Reason: fix again

r3dxk1ng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
178 views and no replies? I just wanted to stop in and say thank you for this! I am newbie to the wii scene and had to get all my apps via guides and google searches so this would have been helpful from the beginning but I see this is barely maintained anymore. I have a question though. How can I use WiiBrowser to download apps? Would I be using it like a regular browser on the Wiibrew site? Is there a Wiibrew app at all or no?Also what is the latest version of this browser as the one I downloaded seems very barebones

Last edited by r3dxk1ng,

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm happy to help. You can use WiiBrowser to download apps by going to a site e. WiiBrew, finding an app, and pressing the download button. It will take some getting used to because unlike the Wii Opera Browser channel, this does not support CSS. There is no official WiiBrew HBB repo or WiiBrew HBB, though that would be a great idea. Unfortunately there are some sites where WiiBrowser will freeze or give you a DSI error. GBATemp almost always freezes. Here is the newest version of WiiBrowser. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiBrowser
I hope this anwsered your questions.

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Someone on WiiChatter (idk who, WiiChatter doesn't have names and they didn't say --YOURNAMEHERE after their chat) said it still didn't work so i'm posting my settings.xml here.

Copy past here:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><settings setting_check_size="1"
setting_sd_card="1" setting_hide_installed="0" setting_get_rating="1"
setting_music="1" setting_online="1" setting_rumble="0"
setting_update_icon="1" setting_tool_tip="1" setting_prompt_cancel="1"
setting_power_off="0" setting_last_boot="1347760550"
setting_show_updated="1" setting_use_sd="1" setting_repo="0"
setting_sort="1" setting_category="2" setting_disusb="0"
setting_dischar="1" setting_wiiside="0" setting_update="1"
setting_server="1" />

Evanfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks just came across this thread and has solved my problem have also downloaded wiibrowser but could you tell me where can i download the apps you mention which are more up to date.thanks once again

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks just came across this thread and has solved my problem have also downloaded wiibrowser but could you tell me where can i download the apps you mention which are more up to date.thanks once again

WiiBrew.org probably has the most up-to-date app collection, and I use it for most of my apps. It has most of the apps HBB has, and more. It also has PC utilities like ThemeMii.

Scooby2a

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
This is a tutorial on how to fix the HBB. I have seen a lot of people on Wii Chatter asking about this problem, so i'm making this post.

Step one: Put your SD Card in your computer (unless you have WiiExplorer, which you can fix it with).

I hope this guide helped. Though I suggest using WiiBrew for getting apps from. They have a much more up-to-date library of apps and you really don't need to be on PC for that either. Just go to WiiBrew on PC and download WiiBrowser, an internet browser that can download files (not to be confused with WiiExplorer). The version on HBB is out-of-date. I also suggest WiiExplorer (again, the version on HBB is out of date), a file browser for Wii. It has many uses and I have used it tons of times. Hope this helps!

NOTE: The regular repo is back up and secondary is down now. Please undo what this thread says to do. Also, there is a RiiConnect24 repo in the making! This thread is no longer needed.
Top man. It worked

kyle24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NOTE: (edited April 2nd, 2017) The regular repo is back up, but it's best to use the secondary repo.
i have tried this and now i have no clue how to get it changed on sd card or back on it can u help me thanks

tyler8husker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i made an account just for the soul purpose to say thank you. been trying to fix it for hours. you have just made my day. thanks alot!

Reactions: banjo2 and Elrinth

killermillerz21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thanks had to make profile but had to sayTHANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOMUCH

Reactions: banjo2

Scriptz

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, I did all this, it works, but after switching tabs or scrolling down in homebrew browser, it freezes. Please help

FancyNintendoGamer567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do people actually care about that outdated shit? Why use old broken shit when you can just wait for Open Shop Channel, or y' know, stop being a lazy ass and get the homebrew yourself.
Rant over.

SnackyZackyCool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

it still dosent work for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free