Tutorial  Updated

How to have very fast FTP | PS3 CFW | DEX/CEX

Before you read this tutorial keep in mind you may know this, but others don't so don't act cocky in chat and say this is to simple for you. If it was simple for you then you shouldn't of clicked on it. If you want to chat don't be so negative.

Alright so sometimes you have to FTP games/movies/etc to you're PS3 although the only problem is depending on you're internet this can be very slow for you. In this tutorial we will be hooking up the PC/LAPTOP directly to the PS3 with speeds top to 100mb/minute although some people have reported even 800mb/minute using this method. I don't personally believe that to be true although it might be.

Requirements>------

PS3 CFW ONLY (No use for this on OFW)
LAN Cable (Ethernet)
PC/LAPTOP (Windows only, there may be a way to do this on MAC)
Filezilla (To see filesystem from PC/LAPTOP)
Multiman/Rebug Toolbox/Webman (To connect the FTP and see the filesystem)

Steps>------
1. Make sure the LAN Cable is connected from you're PC to PS3 (PS3 doesn't have to be on). Open up Control Panel. Look under "Network an Internet" then click "View network status and tasks". If you look to the left side panel you will see "Change adapter settings". Click on it.
2. Find you're LAN cable, right click on it and open "Properties".
3. Click "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" then "Properties", next click “Use the following IP address:” and “Use the following DNS server and input the data on image below:
l2lycc1b8b9fo60fg.jpg

4. Once done click okay and go on to the PS3 part.
1. Open up Start Menu and hover over "Connect To". Open "Show all connections".
2. Find you're LAN cable, right click on it and select "Properties".
3. Click "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" then "Properties", next click “Use the following IP address:” and “Use the following DNS server and input the data on image below:
l2lycc1b8b9fo60fg.jpg

1. Turn on PS3. Go to the "Network Settings" under the Settings tab on XMB. Next go to "Internet Connection Settings.".
2. Press OK on the beginning prompt and select "Custom", then "Wired Connection", "Auto-Detect", then "Manual".
3. Put in the following data:
Primary DNS 10.1.1.0
Secondary DNS 10.1.1.10
4. Select "Automatic, then "Do Not Use", finally "Enable". Save the settings and you can test if you want. If you test it should be able to grab the IP, but fail on Internet Connection. This is normal.
5. Open you're FTP app of choice (e.g Multiman). The IP address you should see when clicking information is "10.1.1.2".
6. In MultiMan under the Settings tab scroll down to FTP Service and choose Enable [No Timeout]. Leave MultiMan open as it is the program that will communicate with your computer to do transfers. Now go to PC (Leaving PS3 on and in you're FTP app of choice).
7. Download FileZilla (I recommend it) from CNET and install it.
8. Open FileZilla, then go to File>Site Manager and click on "New Site" then input the following:
Logon Type - 'Normal'
User - FTPD12345
Pass - Whatever you want.
Under the tab "Transfer Settings":
Transfer mode - 'Active'
Limit number of simultaneous connections - Check this box
Maximum number of connections - 1

Conclusion>------

FTP should be faster than before. This tutorial is meant for people with slow internet so if this helped you're welcome! I am not sure if this will affect anyone on a very fast internet.
This thread's tutorial was NOT created by me. I would like to thank iETH4N's for the post from that ISO site for PS3. Also UrbanAnonymous from the official PS3HAX webpage for providing the images and source to original creator.

Last edited by Zero72463,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure if this will affect anyone on a very fast internet.

The speed of your internet won't make any difference to the speed of connecting your ps3 and pc over your LAN. The router however can make a difference, if it only has a 100mb/s hub built in for example then it will definitely limit your speed.

Another option is to buy a decent gigabit switched hub and connect everything to that. You don't have to reconfigure anything or unplug cables every time you want to ftp something. If it works at full wire speed then it essentially is unplugging and plugging the cables for you whenever you transfer data.

Gigabit switches are cheap now, but if you are stuck without one then the tutorial is fine. You should be able to do it on a mac and Linux as well, the options will just be in a different place.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The speed of your internet won't make any difference to the speed of connecting your ps3 and pc over your LAN. The router however can make a difference, if it only has a 100mb/s hub built in for example then it will definitely limit your speed.

Another option is to buy a decent gigabit switched hub and connect everything to that. You don't have to reconfigure anything or unplug cables every time you want to ftp something. If it works at full wire speed then it essentially is unplugging and plugging the cables for you whenever you transfer data.

Gigabit switches are cheap now, but if you are stuck without one then the tutorial is fine. You should be able to do it on a mac and Linux as well, the options will just be in a different place.
This I used to love running GOD files from my JTAG on FTP using filezilla

Reactions: Zero72463

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm getting ~20mb/s transfer speeds on LAN.
It's wired to a gigabit switch without additional any settings.

If you could provide some numbers then it might make more sense.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Before you read this tutorial keep in mind you may know this, but others don't so don't act cocky in chat and say this is to simple for you. If it was simple for you then you shouldn't of clicked on it. If you want to chat don't be so negative.

Alright so sometimes you have to FTP games/movies/etc to you're PS3 although the only problem is depending on you're internet this can be very slow for you. In this tutorial we will be hooking up the PC/LAPTOP directly to the PS3 with speeds top to 100mb/minute although some people have reported even 800mb/minute using this method. I don't personally believe that to be true although it might be.

Requirements>------

PS3 CFW ONLY (No use for this on OFW)
LAN Cable (Ethernet)
PC/LAPTOP (Windows only, there may be a way to do this on MAC)
Filezilla (To see filesystem from PC/LAPTOP)
Multiman/Rebug Toolbox/Webman (To connect the FTP and see the filesystem)

Steps>------
1. Make sure the LAN Cable is connected from you're PC to PS3 (PS3 doesn't have to be on). Open up Control Panel. Look under "Network an Internet" then click "View network status and tasks". If you look to the left side panel you will see "Change adapter settings". Click on it.
2. Find you're LAN cable, right click on it and open "Properties".
l2lycc1b8b9fo60fg.jpg

1. Open up Start Menu and hover over "Connect To". Open "Show all connections".
2. Find you're LAN cable, right click on it and select "Properties".
l2lycc1b8b9fo60fg.jpg

1. Turn on PS3. Go to the "Network Settings" under the Settings tab on XMB. Next go to "Internet Connection Settings.".
2. Press OK on the beginning prompt and select "Custom", then "Wired Connection", "Auto-Detect", then "Manual".
3. Put in the following data:
Primary DNS 10.1.1.0
Secondary DNS 10.1.1.10
4. Select "Automatic, then "Do Not Use", finally "Enable". Save the settings and you can test if you want. If you test it should be able to grab the IP, but fail on Internet Connection. This is normal.
5. Open you're FTP app of choice (e.g Multiman). The IP address you should see when clicking information is "10.1.1.2".
6. In MultiMan under the Settings tab scroll down to FTP Service and choose Enable [No Timeout]. Leave MultiMan open as it is the program that will communicate with your computer to do transfers. Now go to PC (Leaving PS3 on and in you're FTP app of choice).
7. Download FileZilla (I recommend it) from CNET and install it.
8. Open FileZilla, then go to File>Site Manager and click on "New Site" then input the following:
Logon Type - 'Normal'
User - FTPD12345
Pass - Whatever you want.
Under the tab "Transfer Settings":
Transfer mode - 'Active'
Limit number of simultaneous connections - Check this box
Maximum number of connections - 1

Conclusion>------

FTP should be faster than before. This tutorial is meant for people with slow internet so if this helped you're welcome! I am not sure if this will affect anyone on a very fast internet.
This thread's tutorial was NOT created by me. I would like to thank iETH4N's for the post from that ISO site for PS3. Also UrbanAnonymous from the official PS3HAX webpage for providing the images and source to original creator.
Thanks, mate. I'm using this method since Months now and it works perfectly. Just wanted to say thanks :)

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aside from 'using a wired connection' and the settings in filezilla, please explain how exactly does using a static ip vs dynamically assigned one improve speed?

also, if you're on the same network, your internet speeds have no bearing on file transfer between local network machines

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
please explain how exactly does using a static ip vs dynamically assigned one improve speed?
It doesn't, duh, but most people don't run DHCP servers on their computers, and don't know the default IP (169.254.?.?) when DHCP is selected but unavailable, and don't know about the Start+Select system information of Webman... dynamic ip with direct connection may well be no connection, for the ignorant

Reactions: Nomelas

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have gigbit ethernet on my pc and the ps3 supports gigabit networking. I recently upgraded my router to and now I connect at gigabit speeds to my PS3. The private IP address doesn't really make a difference as you don't need to connect the PS3 directly to your computer as long as you have a decent router. Good guide though; keep writing them!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended