Tutorial How to install Project M "Hackless" with SD-HC cards!

Was this easy to setup?

• Ya

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Kind of

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • NOPE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WootNoot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question...and a problem. I did everything that was directed, but each time I use the exploit, my screen turns black and remains black. I'm not sure where I went wrong, but it would be grateful of you to hopefully provide a answer to my burning question. Also is there anyway you could show a display of what my SD card should look like and how the project M should boot up? In the mean time, I'll be trying to fix this problem myself also.

Last edited by WootNoot,

SugoiEndeavor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The root of your sd card should look exactly like this:

sd.png

If it looks exactly like in the photo, you didn't do anything wrong :D Your sd card probably just has a compatibility issue or something. A workaround is to simply go to: http://please.hackmii.com
From this site, simply type in your mac address and choose your firmware version HOWEVER, make sure to uncheck "Bundle the hackmii installer for me!". From there simply click "Cut the red wire". A new file should begin downloading. Delete the "private" folder on your sd card and extract the "letterbomb.zip" file onto the root of your sd card. You should now have a new private folder on your sd. On your wii, insert your sd and click on this new letter. You should be able to follow the rest of my guide normally! If you have any other problems don't be afraid to ask!

-Blake

Last edited by SugoiEndeavor,

WootNoot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I been able to load the Project M launcher, but each time I hit play, it takes me back to the Wii menu. Any solution to this and do I need the boot.elf file for project M?

Flareon

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just installed everything needed to play project M but when i click play (with A) my wii takes me back to the wii menu. I have the exact same root except i have apps above codes with the file wii explorer in it. I used partitionwizard to set the sd to 2GB, 32fat and a 32kb cluster. Do you know why it doesn't work? ( I think it is because my disk has some scratches on it or that I need to delete the file apps on the sd). (the file name means screenshot. It is Dutch). I hope you will reply soon;):yaywii:

Attachments

• Schermopname (1).png
    Schermopname (1).png
    29.6 KB · Views: 518

SugoiEndeavor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed everything needed to play project M but when i click play (with A) my wii takes me back to the wii menu. I have the exact same root except i have apps above codes with the file wii explorer in it. I used partitionwizard to set the sd to 2GB, 32fat and a 32kb cluster. Do you know why it doesn't work? ( I think it is because my disk has some scratches on it or that I need to delete the file apps on the sd). (the file name means screenshot. It is Dutch). I hope you will reply soon;):yaywii:
Since you've formatted your card to 2gb, I'd sugest simply installing it through the intended method as shown here: http://projectmirror.no-ip.org
If you have any more questions I'd be glad to help.

Last edited by SugoiEndeavor,

Flareon

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, thanks for trying out my tool! Firstly, you didnt have to format your sd card to 2gb. This app is designed for sd-hc. Because already formatted it to 2gb, I'd sugest simply installing it through the intended method as shown here: http://projectmirror.no-ip.org
If you have any more questions, feel feee to ask :D

-Blake
It still doesnt work. Do i need to have internet connection on or is my disk too much damaged? (i tried it with legacy before and it didnt work too.)

SugoiEndeavor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still doesnt work. Do i need to have internet connection on or is my disk too much damaged? (i tried it with legacy before and it didnt work too.)
If neither works, then yes I'm almost positive it has something to do with your disc. If you have a friend who owns a copy of the game, give it a shot and see what happens. I wish you the best of luck!

-Blake

Flareon

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If neither works, then yes I'm almost positive it has something to do with your disc. If you have a friend who owns a copy of the game, give it a shot and see what happens. I wish you the best of luck!

-Blake
Sorry for being this annoying but it still doesnt work. Is there anything other I can try? (Can you play it with wii remote and nunchuck? My pro-controller doesnt work and i dont have a Gamecube controller)

SugoiEndeavor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being this annoying but it still doesnt work. Is there anything other I can try? (Can you play it with wii remote and nunchuck? My pro-controller doesnt work and i dont have a Gamecube controller)
Yes, you can play this game with wiimote and nunchuck. Also try using a different console if thats possible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol