Tutorial  Updated

How to install Retrix (Retroarch/Libretro port) for Xbox One

Prerequisite - Requires Dev mode to be activated so you can sideloadd apps. If you don't already have it you can find more information here. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-activate-dev-mode-your-xbox-one-console

libretro_logo.jpg

Retrix(LibretroRT) is a massive project aimed at porting all libretro cores to UWP. It currently supports Nes,Snes,Sega Master System,Sega Game gear, Sega CD, sg 1000, Playstation, Gameboy, Gameboy advance, and many more to be ported soon. This guide will cover installing Retrix for your xbox one console.

[1.] Download ProjectPgeasus (If you already have ProjectPegasus this step doesn't apply)
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/raw/master/ProjectPegasusSetup.exe

[2.] Once Installed just open it up and select RetriX. Now just wait for it to download. All you have to do now is Sideload Retrix on to your Xbox One (If you don't know how, follow the full guide here https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/blob/master/binaries/Installing APPX Packages.pdf )

[3.] Enjoy! :yayone:

TEcaQY6.png

Retrix brings with it support for local 2 player something we have not had until now. It also opens the floodgates to every single emulator that is currently inside the scope of the libretro project. You can see a full list here https://github.com/libretro

I had been sitting on releasing Retrix for quite a bit now but it has finally reached a point where it is stable enough for release. Credit goes to Albertofustonini for creating and maintaining the Retrix Project. Credit also goes to @kingtut for advocating for a Libretro/Retroarch port for Xbox One. You can follow current development on the official github page https://github.com/Aftnet/LibretroRT

Last edited by wiired24,

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So yet another problem, nearly got everything working except for pc engine cd ive downloaded akumajou dracula x obviously yet when i try to load says game contains multiple files please select the folder containing files to run, so i have made a folder put files in then go back to folder on xbox one it obviously just opens the folder and i have the same problem any ideas?? I apologize for being such a noob with this

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yet another problem, nearly got everything working except for pc engine cd ive downloaded akumajou dracula x obviously yet when i try to load says game contains multiple files please select the folder containing files to run, so i have made a folder put files in then go back to folder on xbox one it obviously just opens the folder and i have the same problem any ideas?? I apologize for being such a noob with this
if its a cd game you need to first select the first bin or cue then for the second time when it asks goto the folder again and hit select button or whatever it is and pick select as the option and the game should work

Reactions: Snoogins757

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no, you have to unzip them with a cue/bin or cue/iso

Ok ill give it a go now, Im assuming the neo geo emulator is zipped like alpha burn with it being arcade do you know, I cant check that just now my little boy is playing on minecraft when i have thousands of old school games kids these days!!!!
if its a cd game you need to first select the first bin or cue then for the second time when it asks goto the folder again and hit select button or whatever it is and pick select as the option and the game should work

Thank you ill try it when i can get my kid off minecraft got thousands of classic games and hes on minecraft kids these days!!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im assuming Neo Geo is like final burn alpha leave in zipped folders?

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, neogeo rom have to be zipped and bios in folder of rom

my kid play too in minecraft ^^

Great thanks again, I managed to get him on the simpson arcade and he tried castlevania but just got annoyed because he kept dying cant get his head round games actually being challenging

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok ill give it a go now, Im assuming the neo geo emulator is zipped like alpha burn with it being arcade do you know

if they are neo geo roms from the right version of fba then yes all fba roms need to be zipped and make sure you have zipped bios of neogeo.zip activated under settings for them to work

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
Great thanks again, I managed to get him on the simpson arcade and he tried castlevania but just got annoyed because he kept dying cant get his head round games actually being challenging

i've buy splatoon 2 in switch for mine because he's being annoyed for splatoon for wiiu XD

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just like to say thank you so much for all the help with this its much appreciated, Will be donating to retrix for sure this is a brilliant project and still holds so much potential for the future, It so nice to have so many games running so well in one place if only companies could see the benefits of working together!!! Also i purchased a hyperkin x91 for use with this emulator and id recommend it to anyone who likes retro games the dpad is far better and the pad feels very 90s. I can only hope n64, psx, ds and so one all go forward and can start to run smoothly.

Reactions: wakabayashy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...