Tutorial  Updated

How to install Retrix (Retroarch/Libretro port) for Xbox One

Prerequisite - Requires Dev mode to be activated so you can sideloadd apps. If you don't already have it you can find more information here. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-activate-dev-mode-your-xbox-one-console

libretro_logo.jpg

Retrix(LibretroRT) is a massive project aimed at porting all libretro cores to UWP. It currently supports Nes,Snes,Sega Master System,Sega Game gear, Sega CD, sg 1000, Playstation, Gameboy, Gameboy advance, and many more to be ported soon. This guide will cover installing Retrix for your xbox one console.

[1.] Download ProjectPgeasus (If you already have ProjectPegasus this step doesn't apply)
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/raw/master/ProjectPegasusSetup.exe

[2.] Once Installed just open it up and select RetriX. Now just wait for it to download. All you have to do now is Sideload Retrix on to your Xbox One (If you don't know how, follow the full guide here https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/blob/master/binaries/Installing APPX Packages.pdf )

[3.] Enjoy! :yayone:

TEcaQY6.png

Retrix brings with it support for local 2 player something we have not had until now. It also opens the floodgates to every single emulator that is currently inside the scope of the libretro project. You can see a full list here https://github.com/libretro

I had been sitting on releasing Retrix for quite a bit now but it has finally reached a point where it is stable enough for release. Credit goes to Albertofustonini for creating and maintaining the Retrix Project. Credit also goes to @kingtut for advocating for a Libretro/Retroarch port for Xbox One. You can follow current development on the official github page https://github.com/Aftnet/LibretroRT

Last edited by wiired24,

cs007

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Could any kind soul pm me neogeo, since like many could not find a zip file matching the hash. tried multiple zips, removed html readme inside, changed bios files from uni-bios, etc... ? thanks.

eduhunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys!!

Firstly I would like to congratulate @Absestos for the emulator: its awesome!!

I've been trying to play some PSX games (on Xone) and had some problems. The same happened to CPS2 (Final Burn) games. So I wanted to know:

Is it possible to list the ROMs extension compatibility for each system?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by eduhunter,

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys!!

Firstly I would like to congratulate @Absestos for the emulator: its awesome!!

I've been trying to play some PSX games (on Xone) and had some problems. The same happened to CPS2 (Final Burn) games. So I wanted to know:

Is it possible to list the ROMs extension compatibility for each system?

Thanks in advance!!
psx games run like shit on xbox one with retrix so i wouldnt bother

also fba roms have to be in a zip file with multiple files in it and the roms have to be a certain version to work

Reactions: eduhunter

Anonym123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia

also fba roms have to be in a zip file with multiple files in it and the roms have to be a certain version to work
Yes thats true that they run really slowly and thats so sad as it could be the best emulator in retrix app. It could be amazing if someone tried to make psx emulator with pcsx source code as its the only one working emulator on xbox one so far. Problem is that only those programmers from xb1emu have done it yet.

eduhunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Oh that's a shame man, I thought the emulator was a lil bit more mature :(

Btw the problem I was having with PSX games were the slow motion and the FB I'm using a zip file but it seems doesn't work with the version I have.

Regained

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
The web console accepts the appxbundle retrix file but not the dependencies zip as i think it needs a proper extension now instead of zip. Anyone know the solution. I get a framework dependency failure.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The web console accepts the appxbundle retrix file but not the dependencies zip as i think it needs a proper extension now instead of zip. Anyone know the solution. I get a framework dependency failure.
Open the zip you will get the x64 dependencies

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i send them to the xbox as the file filter doesnt accept .zips?
hes saying extract the zip and get the dependencies you need

you can install them at the dev portal which is your console ip + port number it shows you on the dev menu on the xbox one

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
latest news from retrix dev

Good news is that part of my work for RetriX was working with Libretro to make their emulators UWP compatible

from discord chat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended