Tutorial  Updated

How to install the latest Rebug CFW

UPDATED GUIDE HERE

Finally, I decided to post my guide to installing the latest Rebug CFW on your PS3.

If you're on OFW higher than 3.55, you CAN'T install CFW directly! You need to check if your model is old enough to be hackable (older than June 2011). If you're lucky enough and it is hackable, you can use a hardware flasher (NOR Guide | NAND Guide) to dump your 3.56+ flash, patch it and re-flash it before you can install CFW using the guides below.

If you're on 3.55 or lower OFW, or a hardware flasher patched 3.56+ OFW, or any 4.46 or lower CFW, you can install Rebug 4.46.1 LITE from XMB by following the guide below:

1- Dump your NOR/NAND Flash (optional):
If already on CFW, install latest version of multiMAN CEX, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into the right USB port, launch multiMAN under the Game column and go to mmOS > Press
circlebutton.gif
on any file > Open in HEX viewer > Press SELECT > Press START > Export GameOS LV2: Select No > Export HV LV1: Select No > Export FLASH: Select Yes
This creates a backup of your NOR/NAND flash so that you can recover using a hardware flasher in case of a (highly unlikely) brick. It is recommended to do it every time you upgrade/downgrade your CFW just in case something goes wrong.

2- Install Rebug 4.46.1 LITE from XMB:
Download Rebug 4.46.1 LITE from Rebug's website, verify the md5 hash, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP, put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE, go to System Update and Update via Storage Media. Make sure there's NO original game disk in the drive, NO game is mounted and that you DON'T Update via Internet or else you would risk installing OFW >3.55!

3- Enable QA:
Go to Package Manager > Install Package Files > PS3 Hard Disk and install Rebug Toolbox. Launch it under the Game column, go to Utilities and change Toggle QA Flag to Enabled. This is to ensure easier and safer downgrading.

Notes:
  • OFW 4.55 has been released, make sure you don't accidentally update. You also need a spoofer to connect to PSN (with ban risk).
  • Make sure you use mM 4.46.00 or higher because older versions are not compatible with this CFW.
  • Make sure you install the Rebug Toolbox pkg included inside Package Manager because older versions are not compatible with this CFW.
  • Make sure you use reActPSN v2.27 or higher because older versions might not be fully compatible with this CFW.

Last edited by mschumacher69,

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi :)

Thx for the TUT !

Question: What happen to all of my 3.55 Games ?

Will they work all from the scratch, have i have to do something (PSN GAMES , DISC GAME BACKUPS) with them?

Greetz Freezer6

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Most of disc games should work, but if they do not you have to replace the 3.55-fixed EBOOT.BIN file with the original one, for example by updating the game. PSN games, well if you activated them with ReActPSN they should work, if not , you have to resign EBOOT with 4.21+ keys.

Reactions: mschumacher69

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a site with nearly all original eboots ? (please PM this answer :) )
Which tool do i need to resign my psn games with 4.21 Keys?

...and thx for your reply ;)

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so glad you didn't tell people they need to be on 3.55 ofw and then tell them to install in recovery mode to be safe.

It was mind boggling how many people would always go from 3.55 Kmeaw ---> 3.55 official ---> recovery mode ---> 4.xx

mschumacher69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm so glad you didn't tell people they need to be on 3.55 ofw and then tell them to install in recovery mode to be safe.

It was mind boggling how many people would always go from 3.55 Kmeaw ---> 3.55 official ---> recovery mode ---> 4.xx
Yeah, that's just a misconception in the PS3 scene and it sometimes gets irritating when they start arguing that it's safer and bla bla bla...

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick question and a bit of a bump, but I want to make sure I understand this correctly before I go farther with this:

I don't need to be OFW 3.55, right? I'm currently on 3.42.
Do I download the lite edition of 4.41.2? Is this the only file I would need to install the firmware?

mschumacher69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A quick question and a bit of a bump, but I want to make sure I understand this correctly before I go farther with this:

I don't need to be OFW 3.55, right? I'm currently on 3.42.
Do I download the lite edition of 4.41.2? Is this the only file I would need to install the firmware?
That's right...

Reactions: Cornholio309

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's right...

Excellent! Thanks for the quick response! I'll try to download the file and give it a go. Out of curiosity, any good homebrew you would recommend? I've seen a couple of emulators, and I've noticed a Super Mario War and Paintown port for the PS3.

mschumacher69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent! Thanks for the quick response! I'll try to download the file and give it a go. Out of curiosity, any good homebrew you would recommend? I've seen a couple of emulators, and I've noticed a Super Mario War and Paintown port for the PS3.
multiMAN for ur Backup Manager, File Manager and FTP Server and Showtime for ur Media Player.

Don't know anything about emulators...

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
multiMAN for ur Backup Manager, File Manager and FTP Server and Showtime for ur Media Player.

Don't know anything about emulators...

The older tutorial did mention MultiMAN being a good backup utility, but is it by any chance possible to backup games on the PS3's internal hard drive rather than another external hard drive? I imagine that the average disc size is pretty big, and I don't think I have anything that could fit a single game on there. Does File Manager let you apply DLC or perhaps "un-register" titles you bought from PSN so they aren't registered to one account to transfer to other places? I bought some PS1 games back in 2009 or so on the system, and since the PSN account used an E-Mail that I don't think works anymore, I don't have a way a transferring them to my PSP if I wanted to. Could this be possible with File Manager?

mschumacher69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The older tutorial did mention MultiMAN being a good backup utility, but is it by any chance possible to backup games on the PS3's internal hard drive rather than another external hard drive? I imagine that the average disc size is pretty big, and I don't think I have anything that could fit a single game on there. Does File Manager let you apply DLC or perhaps "crack" titles you bought from PSN so they aren't registered to one account to transfer to other places? I bought some PS1 games back in 2009 or so on the system, and since the PSN account used an E-Mail that I don't think works anymore, I don't have a way a transferring them to my PSP if I wanted to. Could this be possible with File Manager?
You can backup ur games either to the internal or to the external.

mM's File Manager (mmOS) doesn't allow u to crack games, it just allows u to manipulate files and move them from one folder to another.

In order to reactivate PSN content, look into reActPSN.

Reactions: Cornholio309

Ulysses

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you! After following your instructions I was up and running with Rebug within minutes. I'd spent ages faffing around reading endless tutorials and watching YouTube videos that did nothing but confuse me. If only I'd come here much sooner... :)

Reactions: mschumacher69

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.. I am on 3.41 rebug.. for a long time.. about 2 years, I think, lol. I think it is time for me unless you want to stop me. Anyway, can I follow your tutorial or should I update to 3.55 OFW first before following your tutorial ? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2