Tutorial How to play COD: Black Ops

Did this work for you?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I PM'ed you with my Problem.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I did not PM you with my Problem.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems unlikely that my ports were unable to accept incoming since I play goldeneye and every other wii multiplayer. The more likely scenario is that black ops requires specific ports on some routers and mine was one of the affected ones.

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hoosier_d said:
It seems unlikely that my ports were unable to accept incoming since I play goldeneye and every other wii multiplayer. The more likely scenario is that black ops requires specific ports on some routers and mine was one of the affected ones.

Yes; that is a good theory of the problem.

Well, the main thing is that your game is now working.

May you share which ports you fixed for the game to work? It might be a valuable resource to someone, and save them a bit of time.

That is probably the best guess at what happened.

thchang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i stuck on last step cos my shopping channel requires system update
where can i get the latest shopping channel?
or which version is the latesT?

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Go into ModMii;

Then look through the download pages, and select the shopping channel.
Make sure you pick your own region, and that is the latest version of it.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
-create 2 campaign profiles, start the campaign with each of them and save and exit
-launch multiplayer with both profiles (obviously the Wii needs to be connected to the internet), it should work on your second attempt (and then the first profile will start working afterwards). You will be prompted to update, say yes. Note that this is an update for the game, it is not an official firmware update and is safe to accept.

are these steps absolutely necessary? i'm using wiiflow r304-224 and launching using 249-[57] and was able to run every mode online and offline without creating multiple profiles.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your tutorial is incomplete. I will write out ALL the steps in point form below that will also allow multiplayer to work, feel free to use it to update your first post

-If you've already launched the shopping channel on your Wii at least once in the past and already accepted some agreement, then u can skip this step. Install the latest IOS56 and the latest version of the shopping channel (if not already installed). Launch the shopping channel and accept the agreement.
-launch the usb-loader with any cIOS that has base 56 or base 57 (if u don't have one, install it)
-launch the game with a cIOS with base 57 (if u don't have one, install it)
-create 2 campaign profiles, start the campaign with each of them and save and exit
-launch multiplayer with both profiles (obviously the Wii needs to be connected to the internet), it should work on your second attempt (and then the first profile will start working afterwards). You will be prompted to update, say yes. Note that this is an update for the game, it is not an official firmware update and is safe to accept.
-enjoy!

weird, it prompted me to update when i first got the game, and then multiplayer started working fine. None of that creating new profiles etc.

edit, just saw this guys post xD

fattest said:
QUOTE(XFlak @ Jan 7 2011, 10:18 AM) -create 2 campaign profiles, start the campaign with each of them and save and exit

are these steps absolutely necessary? i'm using wiiflow r304-224 and launching using 249-[57] and was able to run every mode online and offline without creating multiple profiles.

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Happy it helped
smile.gif

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EmbraceFiction said:
XFlak said:
looks like the update fixed the prob requiring the user to create multiple profiles in campaign to get multiplayer working

That is great news.

did the update in the game is safe to do??? Im playing sofmodded wii 4.2u with lot of homebrew and ios installed.. did the black ops update will do anything to my wii?

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
So I got this working 100%... but on my friends system using the same steps as above it isn't working 100%. On the multiplayer menu most of the time the system locks up here (before it downloads the news ticker information)... but in one in five attempts, it connected and worked fine (including a few matches I played online). I deleted the profile and update saves in the wii data management screen... but it still only works very intermittently. I don't have this issue at all... any ideas? Could it be related to on his system that we couldn't install BootMii as a Boot2, only an IOS (where my system it was fine as a Boot2)?

EmbraceFiction

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The BootMii version does not affect the cIOS files what-so-ever in the console. This is installed as a separate IOS file, and does not come into contact with any custom, or system IOS files.

Did you make sure you installed the bases correctly?
You should also make sure his internet connection is working correctly?

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the replies. I plan to try it when I'm over there the next time in a few days. Gonna try and reinstall the cIOS... noticed it's up to v21 now, i was using v20... so no harm in doing it again. I don't think it should be the internet... COD: MWR worked 100% online. Will try and remember to come back and let you know how it went.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm... looks like I made it worse. Did the cIOS install (56 to 249 and 57 to 250)... and now COD:BO won't even load, it sticks on the 'loading...' screen. Don't know why this is... it's working fine on my system using same steps, but can't get it going on my friends system. What program can I use to collect a log of items installed? Maybe I can compare it to mine to see why needs to be changed/updated/installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup