GCN How to Play Gamecube Backups NO MODCHIP OR SD MEDIA LAUNCHER

kai98yoshi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello world,

I found this tutorial video on YouTube and it seems very legit. So apparently it is possible to load gamecube games without an action replay cd, game exploit or modchip.

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like bullshit to me. Modchips typically put the dvd drive into debug mode to enable them to read non pressed CD and skip the BCA.

Unlike the Playstation series which could always read burned discs for DVD purposes.

kai98yoshi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seems like bullshit to me. Modchips typically put the dvd drive into debug mode to enable them to read non pressed CD and skip the BCA.

Unlike the Playstation series which could always read burned discs for DVD purposes.

fake and gay

Shouldn't someone try it before saying it's fake or bullshit?

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
>go ahead an start playing the game

that's when you should've realized that this is all just a metric ton of bullshit

edit: also, you should realize that the blank disc placeholder thing doesn't haven an other job than to sit there. this is fake.

Last edited by JellyPerson,

kai98yoshi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
>go ahead an start playing the game

that's when you should've realized that this is all just a metric ton of bullshit

edit: also, you should realize that the blank disc placeholder thing doesn't haven an other job than to sit there. this is fake.
Maybe it is fake, okay... But you can't know before tryring it by yourself. I will try it by myself and maybe some other people will try it, too. And then we will know whether it's fake or not.

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe it is fake, okay... But you can't know before tryring it by yourself. I will try it by myself and maybe some other people will try it, too. And then we will know whether it's fake or not.

You sounds like the kind of person who will believe the Earth is flat until you get to space and try it for yourself.

kai98yoshi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You sounds like the kind of person who will believe the Earth is flat until you get to space and try it for yourself.
I just found the video and thought it would be a good idea to share it to find out whether it is real or not. Probably you are right and I absolutely stupid that I was thinking it could be real for just a second. Sorry, I just thought it could be real. If it is absolutely impossible to be real I feel sorry for sharing it.

Last edited by kai98yoshi,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
99% that's on Youtube is fake.
Save yourself the trouble, the only console you can play pirated games on without modding is the Dreamcast.
And even those units can only be made before Oct 2000 iirc.

Reactions: ShonenJump

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
99% that's on Youtube is fake.
Save yourself the trouble, the only console you can play pirated games on without modding is the Dreamcast.
And even those units can only be made before Oct 2000 iirc.

Even then you will need to mod the console to bump up the laser current unless it happens to factory fresh.

My DC can just about read retail discs reliably.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Even then you will need to mod the console to bump up the laser current unless it happens to factory fresh.

My DC can just about read retail discs reliably.

Lasers burn out over time yes.
It happens.

Replacing it solves it, but it's still not "modding" as in soldering things to it or performing an exploit.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, you can spend your money on discs and that's fine, but It would be a lot cheaper to get a SD gecko instead. It's reliable and the games it works with is pretty sizable. But of course, you need a Wii to put the save data on your memory card.

Last edited by Stephano,

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes, or that too.

Even if you don't have a Wii, it's likely that a friend does. You can hack the thing in under 5 minutes and can get the data on your memory card in less than 10 min total.

If you know what your doing that is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm