GCN How to Play Gamecube Backups NO MODCHIP OR SD MEDIA LAUNCHER

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Okay, then it's fake. I just hoped it isn't. Sorry for wasting your time. I'm such a stupid person.

We appreciate the sharing, but be a lesson learned. Research a console or have experience with one first before jumping the gun on such things. The GC is an old legacy system and for someone like myself would know about such things and others too (i own about 4 of them since 2002 and I used to mod them with Xeno chips ages ago).

YT is full of shit now with clickbait vids, fake vids, recycled information, so video makers/uploaders can make revenue from subs and what not.

Anything like this, if true would be mentioned in legit sources of information in the correct dedicated sites and forums.

fmhugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Use Smash Bross Melee (Original game). U need a Wii to injet save hack on memorycard. The only way I know

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
99% that's on Youtube is fake.
Save yourself the trouble, the only console you can play pirated games on without modding is the Dreamcast.
And even those units can only be made before Oct 2000 iirc.

not true GameCube can now and its not how this guy did it in the video there is save exploits now been around for about a year put out by @FIX94

Reactions: DarthDub

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Hoo boy this thread is funny. You can just build a DIY Sd Gecko or just buy one for 4.99$ and use SD Media Launcher or an Exploit Game and memory card you can do everything on the cube with no modchips whatsoever and all purely software. Its funny how people assume its not possible without checking well enough.

EDIT: Ironically though his cube is clearly hardmodded because of the replaced led and ipl behaviour. I dont even think the creator of this video knew his cube was modded XD

Last edited by Alex S,
Reactions: zfreeman

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
People even care about those?
I have never known anyone, either growing up as a kid, a teenager, or now as an adult, who have any of those systems in their possession. I finally saw a VirtualBoy in person a few years ago. Never seen an Atari Lynx, a Philips CDi, TurboGrafx, none of that crap. The Sega CD is common though.

Reactions: DinohScene

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry to revive an old thread, but this trick actually worked for me with my unmodified PAL GameCube!

The most amazing part is that it was an NTSC ISO of the Peach's Castle Tech Demo, so it must ignore region checking.

It booted up like normal.

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to revive an old thread, but this trick actually worked for me with my unmodified PAL GameCube!

The most amazing part is that it was an NTSC ISO of the Peach's Castle Tech Demo, so it must ignore region checking.

It booted up like normal.

Video or it didnt happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu