How to run PSP games on your PS3

If you have no clue how to run PSP Games on your PS3 thats ok this guide will walk you through it step by step.

1. Download a PSP ISO or CSO for whatever PSP game you wish to play on the PS3 for example if i wanted lets says Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core i would download the ISO for Crisis Core

2.Once you have the ISO or CSO of the game of your choice downloaded you need to download a program called PSPtoPS3 its a Graphic program for converting your PSP ISO into a .PKG File for installation on the PS3.

The program you will need looks like this~
43166d1366975708-psptops3.jpg

3.Once you have that downloaded go ahead and select browse then select your PSP ISO or CSO

4.You have the choice of selecting either remaster or Minis some games work as only minis and some games work as only remasters however most games i've come across work fine with the remaster method so just select remaster.

5.Before you hit Build Package you can customize the ICON0 Pic which is the Picture that shows up when the game is selected and you can also change the title if you wish.

6.Once your finished with that just hit Build Package

7.Now your PSP ISO or CSO will be converted into a .pkg file

8. When its done copy the newly created .PKG file to a usb drive

9. Plug the USB Drive in to your PS3 and select install package files

10.Install the PKG

11. Thats it now your PSP game will show up on the Game section of the PS3 XMB

12. Have fun :yaypsp:

Also as a side not in order to enhance the quality of the PSP Game you need to go to Settings and then game settings and where it says PSP select Full Screen and now your PSP Game will show up in Full Screen and will look better too.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't actually have a PS3 (but I'm looking into getting one), but I'd like to ask anyways out of sheer fascination with this. It said in the picture of the conversion program that it works with eboot files. Does this mean that I could possibly convert a PlayStation 1 ISO into a PSP eboot file, then convert it again through this program to turn it into a PS3 game? (If I'm mistaken and the PS3 is backwards compatible that far, then I must sound awfully silly right now.)

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can saves from a PSP be copied over to the PS3?

Yes just create a folder on your USB Drive called PSP and then inside that create a folder called SAVEDATA and then put your save inside there and then on the PS3 under the game section go to PSP Save data and select Copy and it will copy over the save data to your PS3

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't actually have a PS3 (but I'm looking into getting one), but I'd like to ask anyways out of sheer fascination with this. It said in the picture of the conversion program that it works with eboot files. Does this mean that I could possibly convert a PlayStation 1 ISO into a PSP eboot file, then convert it again through this program to turn it into a PS3 game? (If I'm mistaken and the PS3 is backwards compatible that far, then I must sound awfully silly right now.)

No i do not believe that is possible If your just wanting to play PS1 Backups when u get a modded PS3 just download Retroarch and use that it has PS1 Emulation

William Brown

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, people that are planning on using any CFW for a PS3, i wouldnt dare think about doing that the reason why is because as far as i know, Sony are taking people to court for people using CFW on a PS3 and being fined £1000 for "Propery Damage" (well, thats what im guessing that would be) however, just take this as a friendly warning, i was planning on doing the same thing until i found out that Sony are taking people to court for installing any CFW on a PS3 (probably the same for the PS4) so, just becareful when planning on using any CFW. People that already have it, not sure whats going to happen but all i kow is that Sony are unhappy that people are using CFW on a PS3/PS4

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
does this still have worse quality of emulation than ppsspp ?
I remember playing psp games on a cfw ps3 but it had transparency issues and a lot of other graphical glitches

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this still have worse quality of emulation than ppsspp ?
I remember playing psp games on a cfw ps3 but it had transparency issues and a lot of other graphical glitches

It's resolution turns down when the game is launched. It's just like the PSP. BTW everyone an easier method is to install webmod using cobra and put the PSP iso into the webmod files.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a compatibility list for PSP games on PS3? I've been able to get 80% of the games I tried to work, but nothing has been flawless. Castlevania X slows way down during titles, Burnout's got lines on the screen and runs more slowly than it does on real hardware, Street Fighter Alpha 3 won't save, etc. Namco Museum won't run at all, locking up the PS3 tight. I'd really like to address the save issues in particular; even clicking the box for save temp fix doesn't help Alpha 3.

Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a compatibility list for PSP games on PS3? I've been able to get 80% of the games I tried to work, but nothing has been flawless. Castlevania X slows way down during titles, Burnout's got lines on the screen and runs more slowly than it does on real hardware, Street Fighter Alpha 3 won't save, etc. Namco Museum won't run at all, locking up the PS3 tight. I'd really like to address the save issues in particular; even clicking the box for save temp fix doesn't help Alpha 3.
Will the psp games load saves then? If so you can download psp gamesaves and use those if possible i'm thinking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night