Tutorial  Updated

How to Sideload Gamebody Advance Emulator on Xbox One

Disclaimer - As always you are encouraged you use backups of games you own in your library I do not support piracy. Neither I or any member of gbatemp is responsible for your misuse of the emulation software

IKmX-9JjU9qrA21SGvI7ReXM-8u47gc60GMR6J0XWA0eAMlF0p9cIhhgMA_oUntnwQ=w170

[1.] Download ProjectPegasus
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/raw/master/ProjectPegasusSetup.exe

68747470733a2f2f75706c6f61642e767374616e6365642e636f6d2f696d616765732f323031372f30392f32312f6d72342e706e67

[2.] Select "Vba10" Once downloaded you will extract the archive. Now go ahead and head over to your Xbox One console and restart it into developer mode.

[3.] Click on "Settings" you will see a menu that looks like this

wovEZfX.jpg

Apologies for the low quality my phone isnt the best for pictures

Make sure and Tick the option that says "Enable Xbox Device Portal"
In addition you make sure "Require authentication to access Xbox Device Portal" is checked you will want to set up a username and a password.

[4.] Once finished go back to Dev Home and make note of your Xbox IP Address along with the port number listed at the bottom right corner it will look something like 192.168.37.8:11224 (Yours may be different) Open up your web browser and type in https:// followed by your IP and port number so for example https://192.168.37.8:11224 alternatively you can also enter https://XboxOne:11224 for example. Once you log in you may receive a warning about the security certificate. Go ahead and proceed anyways.

[5.] You will now be greeted with a menu that looks like this
x1NTaoW.png

From Here it's rather simple just click Add and choose file

aAIvEra.png

You will then select the vba10.appx file that you extracted earlier.

IMORTANT : Make sure that you add in all of the dependencies when prompted. They are listed in the Dependencies x64 folder in the zip you extracted earlier. You need the dependencies otherwise it will not work.

VBA10 will now deploy and install to your Xbox One

m3qQkW2.jpg

If for any reason you experience any issues just uninstall and reinstall VBA10 and it will work.

Credit goes to Illidanx the developer of VBA10 for making this possible.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/app-spotlight/252987-25.htm#post3648077

Games that have been tested and confirmed as working -

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
DBZ Legacy of Goku I and II
Pokemon Firered

Games that do not work

Enjoy :yaysp:

Last edited by wiired24,

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will there be similar methods to get the PS1 or N64 emulators too?
Yes myself along with other devs are working on it. I've already gotten VBA10 as well as PPSSPP working on Xbox One Dev mode. JaralStudio the developer behind the PDFViewer Emulators that got pulled recently, he is working on PSX at the moment and from what I hear he will be releasing the source code soon so anyone can run it in dev mode as well.

Last edited by wiired24,

Swampy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes myself along with other devs are working on it. I've already gotten VBA10 as well as PPSSPP working on Xbox One Dev mode. JaralStudio the developer behind the PDFViewer Emulators that got pulled recently, he is working on PSX at the moment and from what I hear he will be releasing the source code soon so anyone can run it in dev mode as well.
Great! Thanks for letting me know!

Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This kind of stuff will really shine when Scorpio gets released.

I can honestly see PS2 Emulation being a thing with Scorpio. I've read up on the specs and it's damn impressive

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Great! Thanks for letting me know!

No Problem, I'm currently working on trying to create a .appx bundle package so people can very easily sideload the PSP Emulator on to their Xbox One without having to go through the complex process of compiling it from source code. More on that soon

Reactions: s157

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda wish there'd be a Xbox (not 360 or One) emulator. My original xbox broke down long ago and I'd still like to play Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Jade Empire, and Fable.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda wish there'd be a Xbox (not 360 or One) emulator. My original xbox broke down long ago and I'd still like to play Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Jade Empire, and Fable.

It would be nice, to be honest I don't understand why out of all the emulators that currently exist the original xbox never seemed to receive a proper emulator. At least not to my knowledge

Last edited by wiired24,

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There really isn't too many games on it, but the noteworthy ones are definitely worthwhile.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot confirm this 100% but it would seem to me as if Microsoft Intentionally modified the Developer Mode OS to disable Read Write Access to the Internal Storage device. As I can no longer see my files that were there nor copy them to the Internal Drive. What's funny is that File Explorer works fine in retail mode but it no longer functions in developer mode assumedly in an effort to make it more difficult for people trying to use emulation software. Also worth noting Mircrosoft broke VBA10 as it now launches but it crashes moments later. However the PSP Emulator at the time of writing does still work. I'll be spending the next few days trying to find a fix....

UPDATE: This was just a weird issue on my end. It's resolved and I was totally wrong, Read Write Access is still there. Copying over files to the HDD still works. As i said PPSSPP Still works fine and I am working on getting VBA10 up and running again

UPDATE #2 It's fixed. All I had to do was just uninstall VBA10 and reinstall it.
It's now working fine

Last edited by wiired24,

JimmyRespawn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppsspp has the source code but it doesn't have the modern UWP user interface. Don't know if it can pass the store auto-cert procs.
On the other hand, vba10 works quite handy.
Other than some gamepad bugs on Xbox One(like adding and select the rom, switch back to mouse mode might work, but making the anologue control in the game is annoying), the game is totally playable which thanks to Illidanx.

Reactions: wiired24

baha1453

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the cursor keeps moving around the screen and halts the games occasionally. It makes the gameplay very annoying.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.