Tutorial  Updated

How to sideload N64 Emulator on Xbox One

Disclaimer - As always I would encourage you to only use backups of games which you actually own. This Emulator does not come with any roms do not ask for them. Neither I or any member of gbatemp is responsible for your misuse of the emulation software

Prerequesites - PC, Xbox One (Dev Mode Activated) Winrar

PNg6v6o.jpg

[1.] Download ProjectPegasus
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/raw/master/ProjectPegasusSetup.exe

68747470733a2f2f75706c6f61642e767374616e6365642e636f6d2f696d616765732f323031372f30392f32312f6d72342e706e67

[2.] Select Win64e10. Wait for it to finish downloading. Once downloaded extract the archive

[3.] Restart your Xbox One into Developer Mode

[4.] Click on settings and you will see a menu that looks like this.

wovEZfX.jpg

Apologies my phones camera isn't the best for taking pictures

Make sure and Tick the option that says "Enable Xbox Device Portal"
In addition you make sure "Require authentication to access Xbox Device Portal" is checked you will want to set up a username and a password.

[4.] Once finished go back to Dev Home and make note of your Xbox IP Address along with the port number listed at the bottom right corner it will look something like 192.168.37.8:11224 (Yours may be different) Open up your web browser and type in https:// followed by your IP and port number so for example https://192.168.37.8:11224alternatively you can also enter https://XboxOne:11224 for example. Once you log in you may receive a warning about the security certificate. Go ahead and proceed anyways.

[5.] You will now be greeted with a menu that looks like this

x1NTaoW.png

From Here it's rather simple just click Add and choose file

aAIvEra.png

You will then select the Win64e10_2.1.0.0_x64 .appx bundle package from the archive you extracted earlier.

Win64e10 has no required dependencies so go ahead and install.

Win64e10 will now deploy and install to your Xbox One

nAqZPwk.jpg

Note: In order to play your backups you will need to transfer them to your OneDrive Account and download them from there. For some weird reason this emulator will not work correctly if trying to import roms from a USB Drive or external device

For more information on how to upload your backups to onedrive

Performance - Not too bad games run at a decent speed

Games that have been tested as working -

Zelda Ocarina of time
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64

Games that are known to have issues

Ogre Battle 64

Enjoy :)

Last edited by wiired24,

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like these tutorials, but you should just get all the appx bundles you can find then just make a mega thread, that way your not posting 15 threads about the same thing just with a different app.

Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like these tutorials, but you should just get all the appx bundles you can find then just make a mega thread, that way your not posting 15 threads about the same thing just with a different app.

Yes I've considered that, but not everyone wants an all in one pack. Some people just want a specific tutorial/emulator.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I guess this has some problems with games like Pokémon Stadium 2, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day... right?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now i really want to get rid of my 360 and get a one MS just semi opened the one up to piracy even if it's other consoles btw what other emulators run at full speed on one? also how do you side load roms (through PC or dl'd them on the one directly?)

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now i really want to get rid of my 360 and get a one MS just semi opened the one up to piracy even if it's other consoles btw what other emulators run at full speed on one? also how do you side load roms (through PC or dl'd them on the one directly?)
It can use your pc - xb1 connection so you can import the roms from the pc. or use a usb/external drive.

Reactions: wiired24

JustMeDaFaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looking for someone to assist me in porting nulldc (Dreamcast Emulator) over to UWP C++. If you are familiar with UWP or believe you could be of assitance I want to hear from you.

I don't have an Developer Account. Since my PayPal isnt connected to an valid payment Option currently and credit cards aren't getting used that much in Germany. Are there any limitations i should be aware of, or can I just develop and test with any other uwp enabled device? (Like my Windows 10 PC)

Wanna help porting stuff ;)

Last edited by JustMeDaFaq,

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have an Developer Account. Since my PayPal isnt connected to an valid payment Option currently and credit cards aren't getting used that much in Germany. Are there any limitations i should be aware of, or can I just Developer and test with any other uwp enabled device? (Like my Windows 10 PC)

Wanna help porting stuff ;)

UWP applications normally will run on your Windows 10 computer as well as your Xbox One and Windows phone as well. If your asking what limitations there are in terms to Developer Mode on the Xbox One there are some limitations. For instance you are limited to just 4 Cores of processing power and 1024mb of Ram. This of course is still enough for most emulators but I don't think Emulators like rPCS3 or Dolphin would run at full speed. Perhaps the best the Xbox One can do is PSP which it handles pretty well. It may also be able to do PS2 as well if PCSX2 gets ported.

So you'd like to help with porting Great :) Just send me a P.M. and we'll talk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...