Tutorial  Updated

How to sideload PS1 Emulator on Xbox One (Needs further testing)

PSX-BOX is officialy dead. Due to some other projects I'm involved in, I don't have the time to work on it nor do I have the interest in the project anymore.
cartoon-grave-stone-clipart-best-nwb3et-clipart-1.jpg

If you want PS1 Emulation on Xbox One you can either A. Get winpse10 for free (Not hard to find, just have a look around the forums) or B. You can install RetriX (A Libretro Port for Xbox One). Currently PS1 Emulation on RetriX is still a work in progress so keep that in mind.

Last edited by wiired24,

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far you've got your name all over the Xbox One forums here at GBAtemp. Keep it up man, I'd have to say I'm extremely inspired. I'm not confident enough with my programming knowledge as I've only tackled easy and convenient projects, but I'd certainly help if I could. I just wouldn't know where I'd be useful or if I even would be.
If anything @wiired24, what's being done here at GBAtemp will be sure to draw in attention toward the project. The attention will be sire to draw in help where it's needed. If anything is shared from these forums, we need to try and encourage users to give credit where it's due and provide links to these forums so that this can be used as a place of gathering.

Yeah some of the stuff has been shared around

For example this is just one out of several I found

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/wiired24-tutorial-running-psp-emu-on-xbox-one.1637920/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So far you've got your name all over the Xbox One forums here at GBAtemp. Keep it up man, I'd have to say I'm extremely inspired. I'm not confident enough with my programming knowledge as I've only tackled easy and convenient projects, but I'd certainly help if I could. I just wouldn't know where I'd be useful or if I even would be.
If anything @wiired24, what's being done here at GBAtemp will be sure to draw in attention toward the project. The attention will be sire to draw in help where it's needed. If anything is shared from these forums, we need to try and encourage users to give credit where it's due and provide links to these forums so that this can be used as a place of gathering.

Are you good with WordPress or HTML/CSS/JS?

We need a Website honestly where we can gather all of the files, all of the tutorials, create a wiki etc

Alternatively I could just host the site on Github and then upload the appx bundle packages there for the various Emulators along with the source code for GPL Licensed programs. Github has the nice ability of having a wiki built in so we would already have a Wiki. In the Wiki we can include all current Emulators that exist for the Xbox One.

Last edited by wiired24,
Reactions: DrakeLyon

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/wiired24-tutorial-running-psp-emu-on-xbox-one.1637920/

We need a Website honestly where we can gather all of the files, all of the tutorials, create a wiki etc

Alternatively I could just host the site on Github and then upload the appx bundle packages there for the various Emulators along with the source code for GPL Licensed programs. Github has the nice ability of having a wiki built in so we would already have a Wiki. In the Wiki we can include all current Emulators that exist for the Xbox One.
I am with HTML and JavaScript but I don't have access to a computer at the moment and I'm not sure when I will.
I think it'd be nice to have a dedicated place for Xbox One development, but it'd need to be a forum or community-based thing. I really feel the ease of access here. We'd need it to be like this except Xbox One only lol. Though a Wiki page would be pretty easy

Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am with HTML and JavaScript but I don't have access to a computer at the moment and I'm not sure when I will.
I think it'd be nice to have a dedicated place for Xbox One development, but it'd need to be a forum or community-based thing. I really feel the ease of access here. We'd need it to be like this except Xbox One only lol. Though a Wiki page would be pretty easy

We won't really have a need for a site though if we end up getting our own section here.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

dude i said before that i am willing to help with the website i know html 5 css3 and javascript

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well we would need a mainpage
,Forum, and a Wiki

For the Forum you could use phpbb

Just to give you a rough outline the site will be dedicated to Xbox One homebrew and it wlll be a site for that community.
what do you need in the wiki is it just the github wiki

for the forum i do not have a webserver or a web hosting account.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

for the forum i do not have a webserver or a web hosting account.

Hmm... Well I'm not entirely sure tbh. If anything the Wiki Would just be a collection of all of the guides on install Homebrew and other misc things to the Xbox One. As far as you not having a web hosting account that's fine I don't either. The site may be awhile anyways tbh.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there guys, any update with the ps1 emulator? Sorry if I missed it somewhere

An Update will be coming soon likely within the next week or two. Progress is being made on the PSXACT backend at a pretty good rate. Currently work is being done on making alot of the code static so it can easily be reused in a library (Which is what PSX-Box Needs). Also If I recall correctly this weekend Adam is working towards getting some commerical games to boot. Lots of cool stuff is happening and people are going to suprised :)

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An Update will be coming soon likely within the next week or two. Progress is being made on the PSXACT backend at a pretty good rate. Currently work is being done on making alot of the code static so it can easily be reused in a library (Which is what PSX-Box Needs). Also If I recall correctly this weekend Adam is working towards getting some commerical games to boot. Lots of cool stuff is happening and people are going to suprised :)

Awesome, It will be ready by my summer break. I still have classes in summer. but you know, I at least tend to have more free time then

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so other then a quick dirty broken mess do you have any idea why the old psx emulator runs like shite i mean i doubt pcsx on pc runs like that

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so other then a quick dirty broken mess do you have any idea why the old psx emulator runs like shite i mean i doubt pcsx on pc runs like that

Since the developer (In Violation of the GPL) didn't release the source code i cannot look at his changes to see what he screwed up. And no pcsx-reloaded works almost flawlessly on PC

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As many of you may be aware WinPSe (PCSX-R Port) has been officially removed.
The choice to remove it wasn't due to any one thing nor was it due to the pressure of some suppoused "Developer". It ultimately came down to knowing
that WinPSe was software that

1. Was very buggy and unstable

2. Did not include the source code thereby violating the freedoms of the users
as well as blatantly disprespecting the GPL License.

3. Because we can do so much better.

And here at GbaTemp that's exactly what we are doing. Currently we have a small dev team who is
working on bringing PSX Emulation to the Xbox One platform.
If you are a developer with prior knowledge of porting or
C/C++ or C#/XAML and you'd like to join the development team message me and we will
be happy to have you. This Project will include not just one but many different PS1 Emulators
or "Cores" for added compatibility, it will be fast and will include the source code thereby respecting your freedoms as given to
you by the License of the software. We will update this page as development progresses with a full tutorial. Til then stay golden my friends B-)

Current Development is hosted on Github

https://wiired24.github.io/psx-box/

Official Wiki here
https://github.com/wiired24/psx-box/wiki

Nksb7Tq.jpg
any progress?

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any progress?

As it stands now our front-end is pretty much done. Progress is being made on the backend every day. Currently alot of work is being done by Adam on the CDROM HLE Code and getting commercial games to load. I ask for your continued patience this is going to take some time. I've pretty much finished the front-end and Adam is pretty much the only person working on the core emulator itself unless other devs get involved. We do have one of the lead developers behind Medafen working with us so that's a plus.

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it stands now our front-end is pretty much done. Progress is being made on the backend every day. Currently alot of work is being done by Adam on the CDROM HLE Code and getting commercial games to load. I ask for your continued patience this is going to take some time. I've pretty much finished the front-end and Adam is pretty much the only person working on the core emulator itself unless other devs get involved. We do have one of the lead developers behind Medafen working with us so that's a plus.
is there another github or something for this or is it being done locally because there has been nothing added except updated readme's

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there another github or something for this or is it being done locally because there has been nothing added except updated readme's

PSXACT is being worked on seperately. When it's finished it will be incorporated into the PSX-BOX Repo as a library. As I have said before PSX-BOX is only a front-end for the PSXACT Emulator and in the future additional PS1 Emulators as well. With regards to the development of PSXACT Currently GTE is being worked on and implemented. This is necessary for Rendering Graphics on screen. GTE is only a fraction of the work that is still left to do for the Emulator. With that said, we are getting closer to having commerical games booting.

I want to thank everyone for their continued patience. Adam is doing the best he can along with the other few who are working alongside him on this project to make this the best PS1 Emulator it can be. As soon as it has reached a stable and mature state I will add it to PSX-BOX.

Current Development of PSX-ACT can be followed here
https://github.com/adam-becker/psxact

Last edited by wiired24,

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSXACT is being worked on seperately. When it's finished it will be incorporated into the PSX-BOX Repo as a library. As I have said before PSX-BOX is only a front-end for the PSXACT Emulator and in the future additional PS1 Emulators as well. With regards to the development of PSXACT Currently GTE is being worked on and implemented. This is necessary for Rendering Graphics on screen. GTE is only a fraction of the work that is still left to do for the Emulator. With that said, we are getting closer to having commerical games booting.

I want to thank everyone for their continued patience. Adam is doing the best he can along with the other few who are working alongside him on this project to make this the best PS1 Emulator it can be. As soon as it has reached a stable and mature state I will add it to PSX-BOX.

Current Development of PSX-ACT can be followed here
https://github.com/adam-becker/psxact
Would you mind me taking a look at it and seeing if I can help.

Reactions: DrakeLyon

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night