Tutorial  Updated

How to sideload PS1 Emulator on Xbox One (Needs further testing)

PSX-BOX is officialy dead. Due to some other projects I'm involved in, I don't have the time to work on it nor do I have the interest in the project anymore.
cartoon-grave-stone-clipart-best-nwb3et-clipart-1.jpg

If you want PS1 Emulation on Xbox One you can either A. Get winpse10 for free (Not hard to find, just have a look around the forums) or B. You can install RetriX (A Libretro Port for Xbox One). Currently PS1 Emulation on RetriX is still a work in progress so keep that in mind.

Last edited by wiired24,

iJoooEx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The U.I. is currently done but the backend is still being worked on. Currently it is able to boot a few games although the graphics are a bit rough around the edges

cant wait for someone to get it to emulate would love to play all 3 crash bandicoots on xbox one

Nice work! I've currently got the urge to play Crash and was wondering if i could get your PSX emulator to run it.

Reactions: DrakeLyon

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work! I've currently got the urge to play Crash and was wondering if i could get your PSX emulator to run it.

I didn't write the emulator core itself, all the credit goes to adam for his work on PSXACT which is the main backend to PSX-BOX. Essentially PSX-BOX is a Front-End Interface for multiple PS1 Cores. Ideally I'd like to get PSXACT as well as PCSX-R and other PS1 Emulators to all work with PSX-BOX. I have tried adding PCSX-Reloaded to PSX-BOX but ran into alot of issues.

The project is still up on Github if anyone wants to help https://github.com/wiired24/psx-box

Last edited by wiired24,

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got crash 1 to work on this emulator after all who would of thought it would work

That's awesome to hear. Last I heard adam had just got PSX-ACT to start booting commericial games but the graphics were still not fully implemented. When RetriX came around I kinda didn't see the point of continuing this project (Not to mention it could take several months or maybe longer before PSXACT can handle the PSX Library Emulation Wise) Now we have PS1 Emulation via RetriX but we just need Dynarec to get it to a playable state. I recieved an email today from the guy who is working on Dynarec for BeetlePSX it read

"Hey everyone,
It's been a while since my last update, so I just wanted to post what's going on:

Right now, I think I'm pretty close to getting it to work for x86 machines. I'm having some trouble with the way the memory model is working (The compiler is trying to compile instructions that are out of bounds, I'm pretty sure.). I hope to get it at least running before the end of this week, but we'll see."

So every day we're getting closer to having a working stable PSX Core in RetriX on Xbox One

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome to hear. Last I heard adam had just got PSX-ACT to start booting commericial games but the graphics were still not fully implemented. When RetriX came around I kinda didn't see the point of continuing this project (Not to mention it could take several months or maybe longer before PSXACT can handle the PSX Library Emulation Wise) Now we have PS1 Emulation via RetriX but we just need Dynarec to get it to a playable state. I recieved an email today from the guy who is working on Dynarec for BeetlePSX it read

"Hey everyone,
It's been a while since my last update, so I just wanted to post what's going on:

Right now, I think I'm pretty close to getting it to work for x86 machines. I'm having some trouble with the way the memory model is working (The compiler is trying to compile instructions that are out of bounds, I'm pretty sure.). I hope to get it at least running before the end of this week, but we'll see."

So every day we're getting closer to having a working stable PSX Core in RetriX on Xbox One
wait is psxact released?

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"Hey everyone,

very awesome to hear

i also got crash 3 to work

i noticed this emulator is very picky about how it runs games

i had to delete all files on the device portal like mcr mcr 2 etc except my bios but once i did that the game booted perfectly

also i got a new copy of crash 1 and 3 so there not in multipart bins so its just bin cue and when i did everything i mentioned it finally ran fine

when i got a new copy of crash 3 i tried to run it and it crashed but once i deleted the files it ran great minus the usual slow audio of course

Reactions: wiired24

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this emulator is shit but why all of a sudden is my games i verified working not now was it the latest update or something idk but its weird

its the same with n64 also all of a sudden games i had working no longer work and its not my external hdd because they wont play on the internal either

Last edited by dominater01,

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this emulator is shit but why all of a sudden is my games i verified working not now was it the latest update or something idk but its weird

its the same with n64 also all of a sudden games i had working no longer work and its not my external hdd because they wont play on the internal either

I honestly have no clue. Those Specific Emulators work off of OneDrive don't they? Maybe that's the issue?

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly have no clue. Those Specific Emulators work off of OneDrive don't they? Maybe that's the issue?
well one drive doesnt work for winpse10 its broken and always was

it has always worked from the file manager but now i noticed its not importing anything and just launching a black screen

timgorden11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For the life of me I can't get winPSe10 to play any PS1 games at all. They say they import correctly from the USB but when I try to launch them it just has a black screen with the FPS in the corner and never changes. Do they have to be imported from OneDrive like win64e10 or am I doing something wrong? Maybe the games have to be a certain extension or something?

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the life of me I can't get winPSe10 to play any PS1 games at all. They say they import correctly from the USB but when I try to launch them it just has a black screen with the FPS in the corner and never changes. Do they have to be imported from OneDrive like win64e10 or am I doing something wrong? Maybe the games have to be a certain extension or something?
i noticed two things with that terrible emulator

1 make sure your iso's are in 1 bin and cue format and not multi bins

2 the emulator wont always import the roms > might be because i didnt have bin cue at the time > i used to be able to delete them but now i cant access the directory

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night