Tutorial  Updated

How to sideload PSP Emulator on Xbox One (Easy to install, Runs Fast)

Disclaimer - As always I encourage you to only use backups of games you actually own in your library. I do not support piracy. Neither I or any member of gbatemp is responsible for your misuse of the emulation software

SK8SplC.png

Prerequesites- Xbox One (With Dev Mode Activated) More info here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-apps/devkit-activation
Windows 10 PC
Winrar or a similar program for extracting files

A few days ago I had discovered a way to get the popular psp emulator "PPSSPP" running on the Xbox One Console. I wrote a tutorial for how to get it running on the Xbox One which you can still find here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-run-psp-emulator-on-the-xbox-one.467686/

However installing it was anything but easy as it required you to download different pieces of software, mess around with settings,dive into a shell, and re-compile PPSSPP from plain source code. I am pleased to announce that I have successfully built a .appx package for easy installation. Now you can install PPSSPP in just a few minutes. I'll link to videos below at the end of the tutorial to showcase what the performance is like.

[1.] Download ProjectPegasus
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/raw/master/ProjectPegasusSetup.exe

68747470733a2f2f75706c6f61642e767374616e6365642e636f6d2f696d616765732f323031372f30392f32312f6d72342e706e67

[2.] Select "PPSSPP" once it finishes downloading, go ahead and extract the archive. Go to your Xbox One console and restart it into developer mode

[3.] Click on settings and you will see a menu that looks like this

2hzsm4n.jpg

Make sure and Tick the option that says "Enable Xbox Device Portal"
In addition you make sure "Require authentication to access Xbox Device Portal" is checked you will want to set up a username and a password.

[4.] Once finished go back to Dev Home and make note of your Xbox IP Address along with the port number listed at the bottom right corner it will look something like 192.168.37.8:11224 (Yours may be different) Open up your web browser and type in https:// followed by your IP and port number so for example https://192.168.37.8:11224alternatively you can also enter https://XboxOne:11224 for example. Once you log in you may receive a warning about the security certificate. Go ahead and proceed anyways.

[5.] You will now be greeted with a menu that looks like this

x1NTaoW.png

From Here it's rather simple just click Add and choose file

aAIvEra.png

You will then select the .appx file that you extracted from the archive earlier.

PPSSPP Has no required dependencies so you can go ahead and install.

PPSSPP will now deploy and install onto your Xbox One
SJAHcm8.jpg

To play your backups just load them off a USB thumdrive or external storage device.
If you ever run into any issues with save states just uninstall and reinstall and it will work fine.

Thanks to the wonderful team at PPSSPP for making this UWP Port without your hard work this would not be possible.

NOTE: To enable full screen go to Settings --> Display and Sound --> Video output
Then deselect the option that says "Apps can add a border" Credit goes to
GbaTemp user DamienNuez for the tip

PERFORMACE

Crisis Core FF VII - Constant 30 FPS (Full Speed)

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep - Constant 30 FPS (Full Speed)

Games that are confirmed working -

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core

Persona 3 Portable

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

Star Ocean Second Evolution

Super Robot

Mega Man Powered Up

Metal Slug xx

Crash of the Titans

Burnout Dominater

Tekken 6 (With Frameskip to 1)

Street Fighter 3 Alpha

Lego Batman (With Frameskip to 1)

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops,

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X

Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together,

Final Fantasy Tactics

hatsune miku project diva at 8x

Loco Roco

Little Big Planet

Ultimate Ghosts & Goblins

Toy Story 3

Bonberman

Metal Gear Acid

SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (some menus are invisible but it's still playable)

Fate/Unlimited Codes Portable

The Sims 2 Castaway

Fifa Street 2

Valkyria Chronicles 3

Games that do not work -

Assassins Creed Bloodlines

Dissidia Final Fantasy & Dissidia 012 (Crashes when starting new game)

DBZ Shin Budakai I & DBZ Shin Budakai Another Road

Metal Slug Anthology

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

Tales of the World Radiant Mythology

Gran Turismo

Jeanne Darc

Metal Slug Anthology

Obscure The Aftermath

Gangs Of London

MTX Mototrax

Enjoy :yaypsp:

Last edited by wiired24,

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic app, all works great but I do have one issue: when I press "B" on the controller during a game, the app quits - like I'm controlling the app and the game simultaneously (if that makes sense?) I've auto-mapped the controller in settings and tried multiple solutions but so far nothing's worked. Any ideas?
yea use this instead, its fixed here > http://www.mediafire.com/file/4994qpffylyj4xt/PSP.7z

Reactions: mannahayward

mannahayward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Fixed it perfectly, thank you so much.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PS - Add Street Fighter Alpha 3 to the confirmed working list. Runs flawlessly.

Reactions: wiired24

Monpoke363

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
"NOTE: To enable full screen go to Settings --> Display and Sound --> Video output
GbaTemp user DamienNuez for the tip"

I'm sorry but I'm still new to this but I can not activate the fullscreen, I can not find the "Display and sound"

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"NOTE: To enable full screen go to Settings --> Display and Sound --> Video output
GbaTemp user DamienNuez for the tip"

I'm sorry but I'm still new to this but I can not activate the fullscreen, I can not find the "Display and sound"

Open Settings And there will be a section titled "Display and Sound" and then select "Video Output" and then just deselect the option that allows apps to add a border.

I don't know how much more clarity I could add other than making a video tutorial. (I don't have the tools to do that on my PC, maybe someone else can be of help)

Reactions: Monpoke363

Monpoke363

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Open Settings And there will be a section titled "Display and Sound" and then select "Video Output" and then just deselect the option that allows apps to add a border.

I don't know how much more clarity I could add other than making a video tutorial. (I don't have the tools to do that on my PC, maybe someone else can be of help)
Wow, it seems very obvious to find it but I do not see it xD
Okay, I just signed in to Settings:

I see "Graphics" "Audio" "Controls" "Networking" "Tools" and "System" but no display and sound, I searched within graphics and audio but did not find the option to unmark a border:wacko:

Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, it seems very obvious to find it but I do not see it xD
Okay, I just signed in to Settings:

I see "Graphics" "Audio" "Controls" "Networking" "Tools" and "System" but no display and sound, I searched within graphics and audio but did not find the option to unmark a border:wacko:

click on system

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for everyone's work on this port! Playing Persona 3 and it's great. I'm curious about how saves work though. Is there a way to access them and back them up or are they stuck on the Xbone internal memory?

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for everyone's work on this port! Playing Persona 3 and it's great. I'm curious about how saves work though. Is there a way to access them and back them up or are they stuck on the Xbone internal memory?
saves are on the internal memory you gotta use dev portal's file explorer feature to find them

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saves are on the internal memory you gotta use dev portal's file explorer feature to find them
Cool thanks I'll look into that! :) In the mean time if there's a need to switch to retail mode uncheck the delete apps box is enough to keep the saves there right? I unchecked it months ago and came back for the first time yesterday and had to reuplaod the PPSSPP.apx last night. Not sure if it was because of how long it was in-between times switching to dev mode or because of the new big update MS rolled out recently.

Last edited by SlimPortable,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.