Transfer emuNAND to another SD card. Working on New3DS!

EDIT: The emuNAND Tool has been updated and now works again!

Since right now the emuNAND Tool doesn't work, I've come up with a workaround:

Programs you will need:
Both these programs are free.

PLEASE NOTE: Doing the following method will make a 1:1 copy of the source SD card and put it on the target SD card. It will transfer everything, not just emuNAND.

How to:
  1. Plug the source SD card into your PC, this is the card that you want to transfer emuNAND from.
  2. Run USB Image Tool
  3. Click on the SD card and then "Backup"
  4. Remove the source SD Card and replace it with the target SD Card.
  5. Click on the new SD card, locate the backup image and then "Restore"
  6. Run EaseUS Partition Master and click on "EaseUS Partition Master Free"
  7. Right click on the SD card's partition with data on it, it should be in between two Unallocated partitions and choose "Resize/Move Partition"
  8. Click on the MIDDLE PARTITION, the one that has the data on it and expand it TO THE RIGHT (VERY IMPORTANT)
  9. Click OK
  10. Click Apply on the top left, then OK
  11. Done!
Important Information:
Currently with Gateway 3.1.0 there's a (visual?)bug with higher capacity microSD cards. When running emuNAND it doesn't show the "GW3D" in settings, before the version number telling you if you're in emuNAND or not, because of this its very risky to update emuNAND.
With my guide you can use a 4gb microSD card (where the visual bug doesn't happen) to format emuNAND, update to the latest firmware and transfer it onto a higher capacity microSD card.

Don't panic! - When the transfer is complete and you run the updated emuNAND on your new 3ds it still wont show the "GW3D" prefix before the version number. It'll just say 9.5.0-22E or something along those lines.

Any questions, feel free to ask :)

Sammysama

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please for the love of god mods delete this thread. The program EaseUS Partition Master is jam packed with malware and adware. It's a mandatory tack-on when you install the program. The program its self may work but this is literally infecting people's computers with trojans. There were several files I needed to manually clean out of my system32.

sora10pls

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please for the love of god mods delete this thread. The program EaseUS Partition Master is jam packed with malware and adware. It's a mandatory tack-on when you install the program. The program its self may work but this is literally infecting people's computers with trojans. There were several files I needed to manually clean out of my system32.
Agreed. Not to mention EmuNAND9 does a much better job at setting up and removing EmuNAND/RedNAND...

Gyrobax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo, so quick question, I did everything that this guide said to do and now I'm getting an SD card that says I have to format it in order to use it, but Ease partition tool shows that my sd card still has its data and everything (my 3ds folder with homebrew, my themes and the themes I had in there, all of it) so anything I'm doing wrong?

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo, so quick question, I did everything that this guide said to do and now I'm getting an SD card that says I have to format it in order to use it, but Ease partition tool shows that my sd card still has its data and everything (my 3ds folder with homebrew, my themes and the themes I had in there, all of it) so anything I'm doing wrong?
Make sure that the emunand doesn't have a letter, and that the filesystem does.

Gyrobax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks, I removed the letter, but how do I assign it to the actual sd card rather than the emunand data? is there a specific thing?
Run 'list volumes' in diskpart with the SD card disk selected, then select the volume that has the filesystem (should only be one) then run 'assign' without any parameters and it'll assign the first letter available.

Gyrobax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run 'list volumes' in diskpart with the SD card disk selected, then select the volume that has the filesystem (should only be one) then run 'assign' without any parameters and it'll assign the first letter available.
oh so I did that, and I have 2 partitions, (One the emunand data, the other the 28GB free) but it keeps setting the emunand data as the primary H: volume

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh so I did that, and I have 2 partitions, (One the emunand data, the other the 28GB free) but it keeps setting the emunand data as the primary H: volume
Strange. Can you pastebin the output of all the diskpart commands or take a screenshot?

Gyrobax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange. Can you pastebin the output of all the diskpart commands or take a screenshot?
alright so here's what I did originally first was open up the partitions, and it show's these two, then I removed the letter
DEGzKoN.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8