Tutorial  Updated

How to use a Keyboard/Controller on your 3DS using kit-kat

If you get an error on kit-kat, post the error on kit-kat's thread not here.

Video Tutorial

Controller Files
Credit: @KanterZ

Text Tutorial

1. Boot up your 3DS,
  2. Install this CIA (with FBI) if you haven't already,
  3. Open the application just installed,
  4. THEN open Boot NTR Selector,
  5. Open kit-kat, give it a few seconds to try find your IP, If it has found your IP, Skip step 6,
  6. Haven't found the IP? Checkout this tutorial on manually obtaining the IP,
  7. Go to Tab 3 and mess around using a Controller or Keyboard. (F2 = Keyboard Controls, F3 = Gamepad Controls)

Confirmed Supported Controllers

• PS4 (Using DS4Windows)
  • PS3 (Using SCPToolkit)
  • Xbox One (Using USB Charging Cable - No Software Needed)
  • Logitech Gamepad F710 (No Software Needed)
Confirmed support for a controller not listed here?
Let me know below!

Last edited by PRAGMA,

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway we can remap the controls? for Monster Hunter, the Dpad can be used for aiming and moving the camera, which would be nice on the Right analog

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It looks like it doesn't support the XBOX ONE Elite controller... Idk why. But it doesn't work with it. Or did it work for someone with the elite controller?
You can make it work if u get xpadder and configure your xbox controller with the keyboard key , that what i did with my nes30pro and it work well(no c stick and 4 shoulder support) so just like a normal 3ds in the program you need to use option for keyboard then open xpadder and configure it! hope you understand!

Reactions: yachting

yachting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can make it work if u get xpadder and configure your xbox controller with the keyboard key , that what i did with my nes30pro and it work well(no c stick and 4 shoulder support) so just like a normal 3ds in the program you need to use option for keyboard then open xpadder and configure it! hope you understand!
Thanks man it worked! :)

Reactions: LinkBlaBla

newluigidev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the hell do you do this? I've got my IP address in the box, and when I go to set keyboard buttons, you press the existing buttons and it just changes to 'none'. I'd really like to be able to do this, thanks.
Edit: Nevermind

Last edited by newluigidev,

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyway we can remap the controls? for Monster Hunter, the Dpad can be used for aiming and moving the camera, which would be nice on the Right analog

I've already asked that, he actually can't.
The way around is to use a tier program to assign D-Pad input on right analog.

SuperWaterKillsX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I use it. It doesn't work when I play games for example Smash4 it works on the Home Menu but what ever game I try to play it on it just disconnect I need help.

keeganp218

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This isn't working with Sun for me, but if I go to the home menu it works fine. Does having SuMohax enabled interfere with with this?

edit: I also keep constantly getting "Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handel has been created." What does this mean?

Last edited by keeganp218,

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I changed the button layout for keyboard control but kitkat doesn't save my settings.

i add the same problem download Xpadder from google and configure your controller from there but choose the default keyboard option of kit kat on your'e controller and add it to Xpadder it is very easy if you don't get it youtube a guide to learn Xpadder!!!it is very simple! hope it help!

Reactions: KanterZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls