Gaming HTC Vive Room Conflicts?

JiveTheTurkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there fellow turkeys, I'm setting up the Vive in the living room for the holiday parties although in that room I have a security camera at a corner on the ceiling. I know that I need to mount the lighthouses adjacent for the best setup but I'm wondering and have no luck finding results online about whether the infrared from the security camera will conflict with the lighthouses or hmd, or if mounting one directly below the camera is any better of a solution. Any tips or knows would be greatly appreciated, thank you and Happy Holidays to the persons reading.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rather, if the camera relies on infrared to function, the Vive lighthouses will probably stop it from functioning properly when they're on. At least, this has been the case for other infrared devices in my Vive room. It's fine when they are sleeping.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rather, if the camera relies on infrared to function, the Vive lighthouses will probably stop it from functioning properly when they're on. At least, this has been the case for other infrared devices in my Vive room. It's fine when they are sleeping.
I went to check what you're talking about. It seems that only when the lights are off the IR goes on. When the lights are on, is that considered sleep mode for the IR?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I went to check what you're talking about. It seems that only when the lights are off the IR goes on. When the lights are on, is that considered sleep mode for the IR?
Nah the red IRs are just harder to see in the light. Open SteamVR, right-click the SteamVR window -> Settings -> General. If 'enable Bluetooth communication' and 'Put Base Station in Standby Mode when VR is not in use' are both checked, you're good to go. The base stations will sleep whenever SteamVR is not open, the breakout box communicates with them via bluetooth. Can take a couple minutes after closing it for them to noticeably sleep.

Note: the channel letter will no longer be visible and the light will be green when base stations sleep. Channels should be B-C for wireless.

Last edited by Xzi,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Hey there fellow turkeys, I'm setting up the Vive in the living room for the holiday parties although in that room I have a security camera at a corner on the ceiling. I know that I need to mount the lighthouses adjacent for the best setup but I'm wondering and have no luck finding results online about whether the infrared from the security camera will conflict with the lighthouses or hmd, or if mounting one directly below the camera is any better of a solution. Any tips or knows would be greatly appreciated, thank you and Happy Holidays to the persons reading.
Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble.
Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble?

Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble, Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble, Gobble Gobble!

Hope that helps.

JiveTheTurkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah the red IRs are just harder to see in the light. Open SteamVR, right-click the SteamVR window -> Settings -> General. If 'enable Bluetooth communication' and 'Put Base Station in Standby Mode when VR is not in use' are both checked, you're good to go. The base stations will sleep whenever SteamVR is not open, the breakout box communicates with them via bluetooth. Can take a couple minutes after closing it for them to noticeably sleep.

Note: the channel letter will no longer be visible and the light will be green when base stations sleep. Channels should be B-C for wireless.
Thanks I'll set that up once I mount them, much obliged. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble.
Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble?

Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble, Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble, Gobble Gobble!

Hope that helps.
Google Translate 10/10 x)

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.