Not open for further replies.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the switch won't ever get hacked guys check out this kotaku article that proves it
Lol Kotaku.
Those fuckers are as trustworthy as Trump saying he's not racist. XD

Just get a Switch while you can boys, 3.0.0 consoles are already in stores, and if you are not quick enough, you'll find nothing but 3.0.1 consoles in-stores, and your only choice will be to hunt down <=3.0.0 consoles or take your chances with scalpers.

Do NOT listen to the stupid people saying:
":tpi: but luk @ da wiiu, 5.5.2 is haxx alredy!1!!! :tpi:"

Switch is different, and Nintendo has upped their game as well with the fucking Hacker One program, which I do have to applaud them, they went the greedy way to get rid of the problem... Pay a good amount of money to the hackers so they can get them off their back.
Win-Win situation basically.

So with the Hacker One program fucking the community up the ass thanks to its focus on individualistic gain, our best bet at the moment is the sm: vulnerability found in 3.0.0 consoles and below.

If those persons struggle down the line to find a Switch in that version or a hacked one, do not come crying then saying you should have listened.
The suggestions are there, from both experienced people in the Homebrew scene of several consoles, and from the developers/hackers themselves via Twitter.

If you still refuse to listen and instead want to play online because "mah gamez" and expect another high-level vulnerability in a 3.0.1 FW or superior, then...
Godspeed, soldier. See you in hell. XD

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Ceuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can anyone else confirm this?? I think it´s the central part of the discussion on whether you should update or not.
Question is will there be a way around this in the (far) future. Either by cfw or by keeping root access while still updating. Thr whole scene and the sucsess of homebrew for the switch will depend on finding a way to get the best of both worlds eventually

mendezagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Are there games out that contains 3.0.1+ update on cardridge? Even Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom is below 3.0.1.... I don't think we can confirm it until we got a retail game with 3.0.1+ update on it...

I don´t know man, hackers alredy have their hands on the 3.0.1 and they should know if encription is being changed. Plus the user "V-Temp" claims in many posts that new decription will be needed. I quote the last one of him:

You won't be playing post-3.0.1 games on an early FW Switch. It's a lot more than just missing some keys.

This a 3DS it is not.

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, I'll think I'll take my chances and not buy a Switch.
That thing is way too overpriced here to buy it when there is so much uncertainty.
Especially since this whole back and forth on how much will come from this exploit only confuses me.

It IS a big exploit- but let me try to clarify the confusion.

If you don't own one its up to you, if you already own a switch DON'T buy a second unless you want to create ports and programs. Their isn't that much real back on forth, the people arguing that the switch isn't likely to get hacked again are the ones that have gone and bought a second switch and need to convince themselves it wasn't a stupid decision. When a device has already been hacked 2 times in 4 months, quotes from experienced hackers say it will get hacked again and people base their reasoning for the switch not getting hacked in the future, on the switch not being an older nintendo console so it will probably never get hacked again + unfounded ignorant statements, its because they have nothing to support their arguments.

Id love to see an article on how hard the future of switch hacking will be written by a hacker(none seem to exist) or something credible, but alas many of the people claiming the improbability of the switch getting hacked ever again are based on absolutely nothing, some of them even angry stupid and sarcastic comments. The smhax author stated YOU MIGHT BE WAITING A WHILE FOR THE NEXT!- which imply more will come, the homebrew itself and the actual programs on it will take a while to port over, so in that time your hacked switch won't be doing much anyway.

If you do own a switch even keeping it on FW 3.0 has its downsides, like as people have already stated your not going to be able to play everything, many of the newer releases will be unplayable, lack of online capabilities(which could potentially open a door to browser hax). Your going to have a handicapped switch and its not a 100% gaurantee you will be able to be able to update FW at any point later if you wish to keep the benefits of smhax. In this case it comes down to weighing out the pros and cons for you, depending on which games you want to be able to play and which accessories you wish to use, aswell as the general stability of your switch at 3.0.
In favor of remaining on 3.0- their is a possibility that some homebrew apps and emulators may come out before any other exploits are found on the switch. However(and note this part is just an opinion) based on how much more successful the switch is than its predecessors and how many more consoles have sold early, many hackers will likely be pushing for another exploit, so it would be my guess someone will find something else on a later firmware before much useful content or homebrew is released.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you don't own one its up to you, if you already own a switch DON'T buy a second unless you want to create ports and programs. Their isn't that much real back on forth, the people arguing that the switch isn't likely to get hacked again are the ones that have gone and bought a second switch and need to convince themselves it wasn't a stupid decision. When a device has already been hacked 2 times in 4 months, quotes from experienced hackers say it will get hacked again and people base their reasoning for the switch not getting hacked in the future, on the switch not being an older nintendo console so it will probably never get hacked again + unfounded ignorant statements, its because they have nothing to support their arguments.

Id love to see an article on how hard the future of switch hacking will be written by a hacker(none seem to exist) or something credible, but alas many of the people claiming the improbability of the switch getting hacked ever again are based on absolutely nothing, some of them even angry stupid and sarcastic comments. The smhax author stated YOU MIGHT BE WAITING A WHILE FOR THE NEXT!- which imply more will come, the homebrew itself and the actual programs on it will take a while to port over, so in that time your hacked switch won't be doing much anyway.

If you do own a switch even keeping it on FW 3.0 has its downsides, like as people have already stated your not going to be able to play everything, many of the newer releases will be unplayable, lack of online capabilities(which could potentially open a door to browser hax). Your going to have a handicapped switch and its not a 100% gaurantee you will be able to be able to update FW at any point later if you wish to keep the benefits of smhax. In this case it comes down to weighing out the pros and cons for you, depending on which games you want to be able to play and which accessories you wish to use, aswell as the general stability of your switch at 3.0.
In favor of remaining on 3.0- their is a possibility that some homebrew apps and emulators may come out before any other exploits are found on the switch. However(and note this part is just an opinion) based on how much more successful the switch is than its predecessors and how many more consoles have sold early, many hackers will likely be pushing for another exploit, so it would be my guess someone will find something else on a later firmware before much useful content or homebrew is released.
That clarified NOTHING. Either show some hard evidence and not your interpretation of dev quotes, or stop making baseless assumptions like the people you are complaining about in your post. You are literally doing EXACTLY what you are bitching about and basing an argument (a rude one at that) on speculation. Unbelievable...

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

https://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-paradise-ask-away.131884/

Gonna leave this here for you.

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Try and back your reasoning with something other than sarcasm and idiocy, you do realise people will find you more credible? Are you 10 or something? Because that is how you come across, its really pretty sad. But I'm sure you will have another stupid sarcastic comment with nothing to support it to follow up, in which case don't expect my reply because your not worth my time or effort.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try and back your reasoning with something other than sarcasm and idiocy, you do realise people will find you more credible? Are you 10 or something? Because that is how you come across, its really pretty sad. But I'm sure you will have another stupid sarcastic comment with nothing to support it to follow up, in which case don't expect my reply because your not worth my time or effort.
Are you attempting to troll? Seriously... Can you really not see the irony in your statement, bitching at him for being sarcastic when you talk like you do? Either you're a troll, or a hypocritical idiot.

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That clarified NOTHING. Either show some hard evidence and not your interpretation of dev quotes, or stop making baseless assumptions like the people you are complaining about in your post. You are literally doing EXACTLY what you are bitching about and basing an argument (a rude one at that) on speculation. Unbelievable...

Actually if you read previous posts my sources and quotes are all from hackers comments or events that have already happened on the switch? Everything going against is some random persons opinion about not giving false hope? Everything already happened on the switch suggests that another hack will more likely than not come at some time? Ive made assumptions based on whats already gone down and quotes from hackers -(that is evidence, if it isnt I really dont know what you mean?), the counter argument is just speculation because their is no source to suggest that the switch will probably never get hacked again? I don't mean to be rude or offensive, but other than random comments made by people that dont hack- what evidence is their to suggest we are never going to see anything again? Or the incredably dismal odds? Apologies if I offended you or anyone else it was not my intention.

D

Deleted User

So, I have a Switch on 3.0 with the sd card update, access to Shovel Knight, NBA Playgrounds, my 145+ hour Zelda save and the Zelda DLC.

If I get another Switch now, it wont have the sd card update. If I update that one, I will have access to everything except my Zelda save file. Im guessing I can redownload the other games, right?

Thing is, I'm sure I put a 64gb card in after 3,01 was live. I wasnt thinking and hit update when the system said an update was needed for the sd card. I figured I just updated it to 3.01, but my system settings still show 3.00...
No, because your save is on the switch itself and currently cannot be ripped off it.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually if you read previous posts my sources and quotes are all from hackers comments or events that have already happened on the switch? Everything going against is some random persons opinion about not giving false hope? Everything already happened on the switch suggests that another hack will more likely than not come at some time? Ive made assumptions based on whats already gone down and quotes from hackers -(that is evidence, if it isnt I really dont know what you mean?), the counter argument is just speculation because their is no source to suggest that the switch will probably never get hacked again? I don't mean to be rude or offensive, but other than random comments made by people that dont hack- what evidence is their to suggest we are never going to see anything again? Or the incredably dismal odds? Apologies if I offended you or anyone else it was not my intention.
Hackers have also said that the Switch has very good, modern security. Its not like every single person working on Switch exploits has the same opinion. By hard evidence, I mean proof of something on the current firmware that could be exploited. Simply extrapolating based on previous events with completely different consoles is flimsy evidence at best. At that level of "proof," I'd say that both sides have valid arguments.

Apologies if I offended you or anyone else it was not my intention.
.....really?

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
.....really?

Well after a comment like that what do you expect was coming? Ive never singled anyone out, and none of my statements have been purely stupid or sarcastic? I generally try to convince people with logic and reason. But yes in my previous posts I didn't mean to upset or offend- Really.

Last edited by Jackson98,

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

do you do anything else other than look for "noobs" and berate them with childish ad hominems such as "kiddy" or whatnot? i thought it was pretty humorous at first when you did it to other people but now you're coming across as a jackass. yes let me bow down to your infinite wisdom old guru, thank you for teaching this person how to use a forum. here's some advice, if you want new people to post more intelligent and coherent posts, try to avoid dissuading them from speaking all together, my first impression of this place now is tainted by an elitist who can't take or see through sarcasm

also for context, that post was mocking the guy who posted something 4-5 replies above my own, who swore by kotaku Australia that the switch would never get hacked, glad to see you caught on (you didn't)

Randall Stevens

Not a fan of stupid people
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
do you do anything else other than look for "noobs" and berate them with childish ad hominems such as "kiddy" or whatnot? i thought it was pretty humorous at first when you did it to other people but now you're coming across as a jackass. yes let me bow down to your infinite wisdom old guru, thank you for teaching this person how to use a forum. here's some advice, if you want new people to post more intelligent and coherent posts, try to avoid dissuading them from speaking all together, my first impression of this place now is tainted by an elitist who can't take or see through sarcasm

also for context, that post was mocking the guy who posted something 4-5 replies above my own, who swore by kotaku Australia that the switch would never get hacked, glad to see you caught on (you didn't)

The guy is an elitist with low self-esteem. Also completely unaware when it comes to how he's perceived. A net bully and smug elitist.

Reactions: MatMaf

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy is an elitist with low self-esteem. Also completely unaware when it comes to how he's perceived. A net bully and smug elitist.
bullying people is perfectly fine it's the internet, creating an environment where new people are constantly shooed away because they're, well, new, isn't.

"oh, you're NEW?! huh, you can't have an opinion on something, you must be here for 'x' amount of time to have an opinion".

i get the hostility towards new people since they tend to be dumb but this is just on a whole new level.

sorry for the conversation derailment, so how about them switch having :toot:

Reactions: MatMaf

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I am asking is, if I get another Switch, which one should I update to newest firmware? The old or the new? Im guessing the new would be on 2.0 - 2.3...

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Do you have your own arguments? Or do you do nothing other than read what you want to read, ignore the rest, aswell as apparently interpreting what you've read in your own way, and then go jeer at other peoples. Because in everything you've posted noone has actually gained anything useful at all? By the way I wasn't criticising the fact sarcasm was involved, but the fact it was ALL that was involved in the post? Nothing came from it? As to the earlier post, I often don't generally reply to purely stupid comments without an intelligent point to make, its not a matter of catching on. You do realise aswell trying to tear apart someone elses arguments doesn't actually provide you with your own?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"