Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
As far as we know now Hykem was raided. This is just a heads-up for people so they know what happened to him and so false information won't spread around.

Hykem was raided they pretty much took all his stuff but he's not under arrest.

Rh3h2z9.png

Last edited by EpicLPer, , Reason: Added picture

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As far as we know now Hykem was raided. This is just a heads-up for people so they know what happened to him and so false information won't spread around.

Rh3h2z9.png

Hopefully the IOSU was sent to another team for safe keeping. Also glad Hykem is safe. He didn't deserve this shit.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
someone forgot to gbatemp yesterday... every 5 minutes another stupid thread (such as this one) poped up. goto general chat to see the massive thread.
Whoops... Yeah, I'm pretty inactive on GBATemp lately and I haven't seen any active thread on top of page 1 since the last few hours so I decided to make one.

Sorry, if a mod reads this and can confirm this, just close/delete it please, thanks!

kaotik2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still find this hard to believe.. Hykem is signed in to IRC, you would think if he had been raided he wouldn't have access to a computer especially less than 24 hours after the supposed raid.

If it is true then this is a really shit move by Nintendo and strange as other developers have shown a lot more progress with the WIIU than Hykem has yet they are untouched. Nintendo deserve everything they get and hopefully something will eventually get leaked.

I guess all we can do is thank Hykem for keys and documentation he has left us.

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What laws did he break / suspected of breaking that it would be justified for his place to get raided? Doing a bit of hardware and software hacking on consoles isn't something that justifies having police raid your home.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The only think making me think this might be true is the fact that crediar is the one reporting it.

After all, Hykem hasn't broke any laws. And surely Loadiine is closer to being so? There would be no basis for it.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not believing Hykem is a thing i can understand, but Crediar ?
The only think making me think this might be true is the fact that crediar is the one reporting it.

After all, Hykem hasn't broke any laws. And surely Loadiine is closer to being so? There would be no basis for it.
You're breaking laws even just by trying to reverse enginering a firmware AFAIK no ?

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Depending on where he leaves, Im sure his announcement of releasing the IOSU exploit could be interpreted as intent to commit (enter piracy law) or conspiracy to commit (enter piracy law here)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs