Hykems twitter was first set to private and now deleted.

jeppad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I dont know, whats with hykem. But for me a IOSU exploit isnt necessary.

We can already play some Backups from SD Card. For Homebrew stuff we got the vwii.

What do people want more?

You can play Emulators on any other platform.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I don't know why would police arrest some who just exploited a system... [emoji19]
Plus he's doing "whatever" to the exploit to prevent(slow down, at least) piracy. [emoji36]

I don't think @Hykem got arrested, Nintendo doesn't do this kind of things.
They can suck all the money in your pocket. :)

eliboa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
any screenshot? :V
1xpzTp.jpg

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We can already play some Backups from SD Card. For Homebrew stuff we got the vwii.

What do people want more?
To tell you the truth, what I would like of playing backups is the convenience/comfort.
I would like some easy way to load my games from HDD without looking for my game disc, a method that works directly without having to reactivate it back and with 100% boot rate. Something convenient to use.
As things are now it is more convenient for me to just stand up and go looking for my original game discs.
Also, being able to use eshop, update the console and games without a hassle, without requiring workaround methods is again what I call convenience.
In short some type of emunand would be what I want.
As things are now, I prefer to just update and use the console without hacks, I mean, using the game discs work more often and is less cumbersome than using current backup loaders, so what is the advantage of using one?
The only thing I would miss if I updated is the promise for homebrew, cheats, mods and translation patches.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Madotsuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I understood and supported the need for patience, I had a bad feeling that the longer things dragged along, the bigger the chance something would go wrong.

I think I'm done caring about console hacking. The only Wii U game left to release that I care about and haven't bought is Zelda U. I'll still get it day one and after that I'm done with consoles. If something gets released, yay, if not, whatever. I have enough games in my backlogs between the systems I have now and my PC to keep me entertained until I die of old age.

To Hykem, hope you are safe and OK, where ever you are.

I honestly cared more about Sm4sh hacking than pirating, especially when we have people working on some pretty interesting stuff right now:

I feel like if there isn't an up to date exploit for WiiU, the Sm4sh mod scene won't really pick up much steam considering a majority of WiiU owners won't even be able to run them. That, for me, is the largest disappointment of the whole situation. I can see it growing to be something interesting in a few years time, but I also can't see that becoming a reality if the installbase for the mods are too small for people to even bother developing for.

Last edited by Madotsuki,
Reactions: ElyosOfTheAbyss

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well I stand corrected, just wanted to make sure you weren't trolling adding to the drama, no offense. Dang that's awful. I don't know what country Hykem is from, but in most countries, what he's done isn't illegal. He never released anything and in most jurisdictions reverse engineering for personal use is considered legal. Put it this way, if Geohot ultimately got away with leaking those keys for ps3, then I don't think Hykem as anything to worry about, he didn't even release anything. Instead he was doxxed. Furthermore, can they even use the doxxed information as evidence against him legally? Seeing as it was leaked by someone else who unlawfully broke into Hykem's computer using malware? I would hope such evidence would be considered null and void anyways.

This incident not only reminds me of Geohot a few years ago, but also this :http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2007/08/console-mod-chippers-busted-in-nationwide-raids/ which at the time modchips were illegal regardless of functionality (there were no applicable DMCA exemptions at the time) and some people served jail time. Well here's to hoping all goes well with Hykem and anyone else affected by this.

Also I guess Maxconsoles was actually right......

Reactions: I pwned U!

Phantisy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have stated this before. Seeing a user on irc means NOTHING. ANYONE who has half a brain will use an Eggdrop on a remote server to hide their real ISP info. You can bet that Hykem would have done this. Only idiots "hackers" will get on irc without an eggdrop to mask their host.

rakichaneru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe he got tired of dealing with all the tiresome bullshit. GBAtemp is just a very small subset of the amount of retards that were no doubt pinging him nonstop asking for exploits.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Just a side note. His account isn't deleted. If you try to make an account under @hykemthedemon it will say his account is still in use. So I guess whoever is in control decided to set it to hidden.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.