Homebrew I got a Nintendo 64 emulator running (extremely poorly) on the New 3DS!

Do you think playable N64 emulation on New 3DS is possible?

• Yes, of course, the New 3DS has a powerful quad-core processor, so it should easily be capable!

• No way, the New 3DS isn't powerful enough to correctly emulate a 22-year-old console...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

I'm so sad you haven't answered my technical questions, though. I'm going to sleep now. I'll be very disappointed if I wake up in 10 hours to find a deleted thread and not an explanation of the black magic used to make fopen load an embedded file where the filepath doesn't start with "romfs:". This question should be easy for you to answer. You've been working on this for four months, after all. You should know how it works very well. Remember, you stole that code from a WIP emulator that didn't embedded the ROM file, so that's why fopen worked for it.

Last edited by ,

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol while a n64 emulator would be possible on a n3ds (on psp super mario 64 ran full speed) this guys shitty attitude and refusal to make even a 5 second video proving its real while claiming he has "no time" but yet has enough time to cuss people out here for sure says that this is nothing but a cry for attention

Reactions: DarthDub

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm not saying this is real or fake, I just wanna ask the OP if they know why these image artifacts are present:

On the outer edges of the screen there are weird colored areas present:
upload_2018-1-7_10-33-3.png

upload_2018-1-7_10-33-11.png

Also, I noticed some JPEG-esque artifacts present around very very contrasted areas:
upload_2018-1-7_10-38-18.png

upload_2018-1-7_10-39-50.png

Here is a simple JPEG test for comparison: (I used floating point DCT algo, q=100, and I used the very best settings to export the image)
Original:
upload_2018-1-7_10-53-43.png

Saturated:
upload_2018-1-7_10-52-53.png

Original JPEG:
upload_2018-1-7_10-53-31.jpeg

Saturated JPEG:
upload_2018-1-7_10-53-19.png

Again, I was just asked to be hypocrite about this, hence I analyzed the Luma-exported images so in-depth. Sorry for that.

Oh also, why is the resolution 320x224 ? it seems a bit odd to me >_>

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fucking hell! I'll make a video soon. I'm just charging my 4K camcorder, I will even provide the raw file, so hopefully at that resolution you will see absolutely everything.
idc if its 360p as long as it shows proof but it seems your going the 4k route to drag this on since you supposedly have slow upload speeds and a 4k video would be huge

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Locking this as no proper proof has been provided. If this truly is real then the topic poster will be able to provide proper proof of what he/she is doing and should do so in a new topic. That being said, if the topic poster decides to continue posting vague proofs which could easily be faked then other repercussions might need to be dealt out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol