Hacking I must be the noobiest of all noobs but I can't seem to load any games on my cfw

Primedecoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I followed the guide on wiiu.guide to install the homebrew and hack the WiiU on it's latest firmware version which worked for me, i installed several applications like haxchi , mocha and what not, and also WUP Installer GX2

So I figured the GX2 application was used for installing games from your SD card once you copy them there.

I hoped I could easily just visit any rom website and download the game and put it on the SD card install folder (also tried wiiu > games folder) but the GX2 loader isn't recognizing any installable content.

Tried finding some guides on youtube and google but they all seem different from what ive been doing or might be older guides im not sure....
The games I download unzip into a folder with content meta folders

So many terms and methods coming along i am so confused now.... 3DS was easy compared to this

I'm a bit stuck here, any help is much appreciated!

Last edited by Primedecoy,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I followed the guide on wiiu.guide to install the homebrew and hack the WiiU on it's latest firmware version which worked for me, i installed several applications like haxchi , mocha and what not, and also WUP Installer GX2

So I figured the GX2 application was used for installing games from your SD card once you copy them there.

I hoped I could easily just visit any rom website and download the game and put it on the SD card install folder (also tried wiiu > games folder) but the GX2 loader isn't recognizing any installable content.

Tried finding some guides on youtube and google but they all seem different from what ive been doing or might be older guides im not sure....

The games you have downloaded are in the wrong format they are for loadiine which is a very old and outdated way of running wiiu games. You should look at using a pc program called WiiU USB Download helper it will download the game in the right format for you to install.

On a side note why are you running haxchi and mocha together you arw basically running a cfw (haxchi) to load another cfw (mocha) when haxchis built in cfw pretty much does everything mocha does.

Also wiiu.guide is pretty much hated by most members of this site it has many errors or missed steps and some things that are just plain dangerous.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Primedecoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The games you have downloaded are in the wrong format they are for loadiine which is a very old and outdated way of running wiiu games. You should look at using a pc program called WiiU USB Download helper it will download the game in the right format foe you to install.

On a side note why are you running haxchi and mocha together you arw basically running a cfw (haxchi) to load another cfw (mocha) when haxchis built in cfw pretty much does everything mocha does.

Ok thanks ill give that a try, i think it automaticly boots up with haxchis built cfw and mocha was installed optional but does not load unless selected i guess... it was added in the guide and didn't know what it was

Reactions: AmandaRose

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So many terms and methods coming along i am so confused now.... 3DS was easy compared to this

First of all you don't need Mocha if you have HaxChi. This is one of many reason why we don't recommend wiiu.guide on this site. Please read through the community noob guide in the sticky's or in my sig. It will help you sort this out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning