Misc I Want To Restore Miiverse... (For Better Or For Worse)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,313
  • Replies 10
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted User

OP
Ok, so I was watching a video on Game & Wario's Miiverse Sketch feature, and I for some unknown reason, am compelled to restore it. I don't have a Wii U, but if I could somehow make a server and anyone would want to test it out... I'm completely open for requests.

I know Miiverse is just overall a joke to everyone, but I feel that it would be a fun project to try to restore (doesn't mean it would be easy though).

PS: If anyone wants to do this, then it would be nice to know some good software to make a server for it. I'm new to Wii U and Nintendo Console Modding in general, so please forgive my noobyness (is that a word?). Just saying ;)

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you wanted to restore it you should have been capturing packets since 2012. Then the encryption and protocols would have been known. then a emulator server could have been written that will be compatiable with miiverse app on the wii you and would just require a dns change for it to work.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always liked enabling it while playing new super mario bros. u. I liked to see others' progress. I remember one time, after beating a level, someone had drawn a penis with yoshi's tongue sticking out. I burst out laughing. ;) I bet that person was banned from miiverse. lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

should I also mention that it was a hairy penis? :P

D

Deleted User

OP
well if you wanted to restore it you should have been capturing packets since 2012. Then the encryption and protocols would have been known. then a emulator server could have been written that will be compatiable with miiverse app on the wii you and would just require a dns change for it to work.
Well, we could just make our own custom Miiverse server (that isn't exactly the same as the source), and we would just somehow redirect the Wii U to that server.

solace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think this would be nearly as easy as it sounds. The server will need a lot of donations to stay up, but if this can be pulled off it will be pretty awesome.

KMK-elgamer334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, so I was watching a video on Game & Wario's Miiverse Sketch feature, and I for some unknown reason, am compelled to restore it. I don't have a Wii U, but if I could somehow make a server and anyone would want to test it out... I'm completely open for requests.

I know Miiverse is just overall a joke to everyone, but I feel that it would be a fun project to try to restore (doesn't mean it would be easy though).

PS: If anyone wants to do this, then it would be nice to know some good software to make a server for it. I'm new to Wii U and Nintendo Console Modding in general, so please forgive my noobyness (is that a word?). Just saying ;)
if is created i will do 2 things

1.- Be a beta tester
2.- try to get the database and do a webpage like the original miiverse (like see the posts in pc or that things)

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it