FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Merged it with the general thread.

Anyway all signs point to legit -- mask is there and good, pins in the right place, vias the right colour, case is good, label as far as the picture quality allows is good, no epoxy blob, no adapter/breakout board, chip etching looks normal and what I would expect. Not sure what is going on with those rough edges of the PCB (it is common enough on a panelised board but that is still quite rough) but it is nothing I can call less than legit.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

protivakid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alien Hominid for the GBA. Is this board an original?

20171013_114255.jpg

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alien Hominid for the GBA. Is this board an original?

20171013_114255.jpg
Looks original to me. Has the proper silk screen, and the ROM chip is manufactured by Macronix.

If you look closely at the Macronix labelling, you can see the product code. The image isn't high enough resolution to make it out 100%, but it looks like "AGB-BAHP", which matches the cartridge, and that's the correct product code for Alien Hominid. (Bootlegs usually get the product codes wrong.) There's also a "BAHP-0" label on the side of the chip.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
+1 to Gerbilsoft. No obvious markers of a fake.

I am more shocked that Alien Hominid is now considered a rare game. My first test is usually to ask why anybody would do that game and much like Ninja 5.0 however long ago I was asked that question I find myself shocked, though perhaps not that much as "limited run Euro exclusive of a run and gun game that was well liked" is pretty good base conditions to get an expensive game.

Archangel22

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not sure if I will get responses and how active this board is, may create a new topic tomo as I hit my limit but would be great if someone can help......

What is the difference between the fake and original carts for gb/gbc/gba games? Can see heaps of cheap games on ebay rather than paying the crazy amount for the originals. I dont care for collection or cart look or artwork as long as it works and plays that original game and isnt a knock off spin off game. Are they still ok to buy?

Found a cheap $10 metal gear game but not sure if its the gameboy color or knock off nes version. the seller has a 100% feedback too which also has me thinking if it is legit, he sells advance wars, mortal kombat, driver, pokemons, you name it so was wondering if people have purchased fake games do they at least contain the legit game? and the gamesave feature does it work? worried if it is the game but you cant save

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not sure if I will get responses and how active this board is, may create a new topic tomo as I hit my limit but would be great if someone can help......

What is the difference between the fake and original carts for gb/gbc/gba games? Can see heaps of cheap games on ebay rather than paying the crazy amount for the originals. I dont care for collection or cart look or artwork as long as it works and plays that original game and isnt a knock off spin off game. Are they still ok to buy?

Found a cheap $10 metal gear game but not sure if its the gameboy color or knock off nes version. the seller has a 100% feedback too which also has me thinking if it is legit, he sells advance wars, mortal kombat, driver, pokemons, you name it so was wondering if people have purchased fake games do they at least contain the legit game? and the gamesave feature does it work? worried if it is the game but you cant save

i'm not an expert but what i do know is that there's not much of a difference between bootleg and genuine gb/gbc carts, only issue you will have is it might not save properly in the case of pokemon games where there's an internal battery or there might be a random glitch in-game (not that the original doesn't have them as well). As of GBA carts, most bootleg used a battery in order to save your game properly except for early gba pokemon games that actually has internal battery like ruby and sapphire.If i remember correctly, FireRed no longer uses one..

Anyway, as I've said, i am no expert, so if you don't care whether you get the genuine or bootleg then just go whichever seller has the highest rating or has a more "genuine" looking cartridge and has a fair price.

Do keep in mind that if the title does not exist in internet database and or image on sticker does not match the actual game artwork online then the ROM is most likely a fan-made. Example would be a game called Pokemon Yellow on a GBA cart, we all know it was only released on GB/GBC. Or a Pokemon Hyper Black Edition which does not exist , ever.

Just do a bit of research first before purchasing. Good luck!

Archangel22

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'm not an expert but what i do know is that there's not much of a difference between bootleg and genuine gb/gbc carts, only issue you will have is it might not save properly in the case of pokemon games where there's an internal battery or there might be a random glitch in-game (not that the original doesn't have them as well). As of GBA carts, most bootleg used a battery in order to save your game properly except for early gba pokemon games that actually has internal battery like ruby and sapphire.If i remember correctly, FireRed no longer uses one..

Anyway, as I've said, i am no expert, so if you don't care whether you get the genuine or bootleg then just go whichever seller has the highest rating or has a more "genuine" looking cartridge and has a fair price.

Do keep in mind that if the title does not exist in internet database and or image on sticker does not match the actual game artwork online then the ROM is most likely a fan-made. Example would be a game called Pokemon Yellow on a GBA cart, we all know it was only released on GB/GBC. Or a Pokemon Hyper Black Edition which does not exist , ever.

Just do a bit of research first before purchasing. Good luck!
awesome thanks, I am aware of the fake name tittles and they do have them, could be interesting to try for something new I agree but the below link is the seller and if you search there is a metal gear game there also

https://www
.ebay.com.a
u/str/aeolusstore

just merge the links since I cant post hyperlinks. So tempted to get some of the gba games as mentioned like advance wars and mortal kombat for example if legit and can save. hate to play a game and everytime I shutdown there is no save, if such a thing exists

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
awesome thanks, I am aware of the fake name tittles and they do have them, could be interesting to try for something new I agree but the below link is the seller and if you search there is a metal gear game there also

https://www
.ebay.com.a
u/str/aeolusstore

just merge the links since I cant post hyperlinks. So tempted to get some of the gba games as mentioned like advance wars and mortal kombat for example if legit and can save. hate to play a game and everytime I shutdown there is no save, if such a thing exists

some bootlegs are hit and miss sadly. I had a Castlevania game bought online and it stopped saving after a while (about 4 months later) but you might be able to solder a new battery and it will work again. The original does not need a battery tho. By the way, can't see the link for some reason. If it is cheap then just go for it. If it is of really bad quality upon receiving it then am sure you're protected on eBay and can have your money back.

Archangel22

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok can confirm they work just as well and are no bug or glitches and saves work. bought a bunch of the fakes to test so Im happy paying the much much cheaper prices than authentics. no need for collection just want to play the games. not sure about the gamesaving length but so far so good for a fraction of the authentic prices going around. worth it in my books

Reactions: owek1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr