Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) Vita Localization Project

jAIIVXi.jpg

Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) Localization Project / Project Endir

★Excerpt:
Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) is a Japanese role-playing video game developed by Tokyo RPG Factory and published by Square Enix. It was released for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in Japan in February 2016, and worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows in July 2016.

The story, set in a land gripped by perpetual winter, follows a mercenary and his charge, a maiden named Setsuna who must offer herself as a sacrifice at a sacred shrine to appease hostile demons. The story's central theme is sadness. The gameplay, which is deliberately designed to evoke role-playing games of the 1990s, uses an Active Time Battle system based on those used in early Final Fantasy games and Chrono Trigger.

★About:
Hello, I'm Ignis00, you may know me for my past projects like; Phantom Kingdom Portable and Yuusha 30 Second, my primary goal is to bring everybody what SE had neglected to bring us, namely Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) for the PlayStation Vita. I think it is of just our right to experience the game as much as the PC and PS4 do. I would like to take this project on my own, as a way to teach myself; as such, I appreciate anyone who's willing to help but I'd like to kindly take down your offer for the latter reason.

★Team:
Project Manager: Ignis00

ChepChep - For giving me material to learn at.
aluigi - For the QBMS script.
Ekey - For providing the AES key.
jmacd - For the xdelta-gpl tool.
Info-ZIP - For the UnZip tool.

★Progress Report:
--Localization
Parameter: 44 / 44
BraveStory: 11/ 11
Script: 4 / 4
Textures: 100/100

--Programming
Archive Unpacker: Done
Archive Packer: Done
Text Parser: Done
Text Reimporter: Done
Script Parser: Done
Script Reimporter: Done

★Downloads:
≫ READ THE "README.TXT" FILE TO AVOID CONFUSION! DO NOT HOST THE PATCH ANYWHERE WITHOUT MY EXPLICIT PERMISSION OR ELSE FUTURE REVISIONS WILL BE HALTED!
≫ Build 1.1 (December 17, 2016): Project_Endir_1.1.zip
≫≫ CRC32: 947536B4
≫≫ MD5: 8BE6A1D44F1B692EE65FDCAD807D8815
≫≫ SHA-1: 018EFBDBE969E46228863EF334CE9442C0B91239

≫ Build 1.0 (December 10, 2016): Project_Endir_1.0.zip
≫≫ CRC32: E5FE7CF3
≫≫ MD5: ED0F0E18967CE451F0D8125AB744183E
≫≫ SHA-1: A12609119529BFED4F6566B2AA6357922E8B1FD8

★Bugs/Glitches:
The game will crash on the Snow Chronicles interface due to the amount of English text encompassing even the original Japanese one on BraveStory, further investigation will be done, though, one theory is that the game can't handle it.
≫ During battle when you select a Tech, you'll notice that the description has been cut off.
≫ Text might run-off the screen at some instances.
≫ Tutorial descriptions will leave a single letter at the end for every line, this issue is might be due to how the game natively handles Japanese-characters as we're only "pushing" Latin-characters hence the latter problem.
≫ Save data title is truncated due to string-length limitations. And by that I mean, Assembly-level limitations.
Vessel name is untranslated; Bugfix 1.1 released along with workaround for 1.0 users.

★Untouched:
≫ Trophies - As soon as someone finds the priv_key for the RSA signature, I'll work on it.
≫ Manual - Will be working on it.

★Screenshots:

TITLE SCREEN
pUEMhcY.jpg

CAMP MENU
hOVIn1N.jpg

SNOW CHRONICLES
dVMhtqv.jpg

WORLD MAP
Lr7PUI8.jpg

DIALOG
BEFORE
K0q4vOE.jpg

AFTER
K0q4vOE.jpg

ohFZwRr.jpg

Last edited by Ignis00,

Toots

Trophies
XP
Country
1st step troubleshooting this type of issue is to disable plugins.
Only plugin I can find within Molecular shell (in ux0plugins) is "netcheck_bypass.suprx" which I cant see any sort of "disable" command.

Will this be causing an issue?

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only plugin I can find within Molecular shell (in ux0plugins) is "netcheck_bypass.suprx" which I cant see any sort of "disable" command.

Will this be causing an issue?

Not sure as i don't use that plugin. I doubt that's the issue, but u can always test by removing that file from your mem card.

winteraw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Not really sure if anyone has this problem, I cannot load my save data, it showed just a black screen after I loaded it. I saved before I reach Gatherington(I Guess). Is there anyway to load it?

Toots

Trophies
XP
Country
Not really sure if anyone has this problem, I cannot load my save data, it showed just a black screen after I loaded it. I saved before I reach Gatherington(I Guess). Is there anyway to load it?

I have the same issue and so far no luck trying to work out or find out how to fix it

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a NoNpDRM version of this patch that also works on carts, breaks PSTV compatibility tho thanks to the sfo but who uses a PSTV without the whitelist right? :P
Anyone know what the rule is on me releasing it? Like is OP fine with such things or do I need permission first?

The patch version is like 17MB and seems to work fine from the little I played using both the NoNpDRM dump and the cart itself.

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a NoNpDRM version of this patch that also works on carts, breaks PSTV compatibility tho thanks to the sfo but who uses a PSTV without the whitelist right? :P
Anyone know what the rule is on me releasing it? Like is OP fine with such things or do I need permission first?

The patch version is like 17MB and seems to work fine from the little I played using both the NoNpDRM dump and the cart itself.
This would be awesome! I hope the dev says yes. I've converted all my games to NoNpDrm so this would be great! Thanks for your work in it either way.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seems I missed that >_<
Its very easy to make so i'll just give a little guide.

Use Vitashell to grab a decrypted version of the game then use the patch on that, delete all files not on this file tree I made.
Place them in a folder with the games id "PCSG00756" and place it in

Code:
ux0:Patch

Here is the changeinfo.xml I made for it so it shows up in the live area as v1.03 and has a terrible changelog, credit to the guy that made the FF-X noNpDRM undub cause thats where I took it from and made very small edits.

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfbq3265tzf8sdp/changeinfo.xml?dl=0

keep in mind that for some reason this breaks PSTV compatibility but if you use any of the whitelist methods it will run fine.
Oh and to have the name change to english you will need to delete the game > place patch > re add the game, that or find some other way to update the Live Area db.

n6EL.png

Attachments

• Setsuna_ENG_Patch_Tree_edit.txt
    577 bytes · Views: 516
Last edited by fate6, , Reason: stupid emots need a disable option.

Vitaminer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if I can apply the language patch from PC to Vita?
I downloaded a Korean patch pc version, and it gives me 3 files in SETSUNA_Data folder, inside it, there're 2 files: resources.assets, sharedassets6.assets, but they are not there in the vita vpk, however, another file under SETSUNA_Data, streamingassets, x86_64, parameter.cpk was in the Korean patch and also in the vita vpk under the vita folder, so I replaced the vita vpk with the pc version Korean patch of parameter.cpk, and tried to see if it works, but after launching the game, it launches but after several logos, it just have me a black screen

Last edited by Vitaminer,

J_m_les_jeux

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

i want creat FR trad for vita. If possible to use your job in EN patch for transforme please ?
If yes, how did you compile / uncompile the files please ?
Thanks you

MrPatate

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just interested in vita actually and love to find some translation for games like this one.
But i have a problem to run i'm setsuna, i curently donwload it form pkgj (and try to find it on the Web) but when i try to launch the game it's don't pass the loading screen.
I running on ps vita 3.60 henkaku and have already install nonpdrm plugin.

Reactions: Zanzibar82

Zanzibar82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone.
Yeah, me too having the same problem, no matter what it always gets stuck on launch image. Couldn't troubleshoot this by my own, any help would be apreciated.

EDIT: Disabling TropHAX and ScoreHax plugins did the job.

Last edited by Zanzibar82,

MrPatate

Trophies
XP
Country
France
EDIT: Disabling TropHAX and ScoreHax plugins did the job.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips, never thing a plugin could made such issue.
Work fine with TropHAX disable !

Reactions: Zanzibar82

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK no luck getting this patched and installed for me. I'll list what I did.
1. I copied the app/PCSG00756 to my pc, to the same directory as IAS.exe
2. I ran IAS.exe and it came back as patched
3. I zipped the PCSG00756 folder and renamed to .vpk.
4. Copied back to vita and tried to install, instant error 0xFFFFFFFFFFFF

So then I tried to installed it with maidumper, this also errored and didn't install.

Thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM