Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) Vita Localization Project

jAIIVXi.jpg

Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) Localization Project / Project Endir

★Excerpt:
Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) is a Japanese role-playing video game developed by Tokyo RPG Factory and published by Square Enix. It was released for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in Japan in February 2016, and worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows in July 2016.

The story, set in a land gripped by perpetual winter, follows a mercenary and his charge, a maiden named Setsuna who must offer herself as a sacrifice at a sacred shrine to appease hostile demons. The story's central theme is sadness. The gameplay, which is deliberately designed to evoke role-playing games of the 1990s, uses an Active Time Battle system based on those used in early Final Fantasy games and Chrono Trigger.

★About:
Hello, I'm Ignis00, you may know me for my past projects like; Phantom Kingdom Portable and Yuusha 30 Second, my primary goal is to bring everybody what SE had neglected to bring us, namely Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) for the PlayStation Vita. I think it is of just our right to experience the game as much as the PC and PS4 do. I would like to take this project on my own, as a way to teach myself; as such, I appreciate anyone who's willing to help but I'd like to kindly take down your offer for the latter reason.

★Team:
Project Manager: Ignis00

ChepChep - For giving me material to learn at.
aluigi - For the QBMS script.
Ekey - For providing the AES key.
jmacd - For the xdelta-gpl tool.
Info-ZIP - For the UnZip tool.

★Progress Report:
--Localization
Parameter: 44 / 44
BraveStory: 11/ 11
Script: 4 / 4
Textures: 100/100

--Programming
Archive Unpacker: Done
Archive Packer: Done
Text Parser: Done
Text Reimporter: Done
Script Parser: Done
Script Reimporter: Done

★Downloads:
≫ READ THE "README.TXT" FILE TO AVOID CONFUSION! DO NOT HOST THE PATCH ANYWHERE WITHOUT MY EXPLICIT PERMISSION OR ELSE FUTURE REVISIONS WILL BE HALTED!
≫ Build 1.1 (December 17, 2016): Project_Endir_1.1.zip
≫≫ CRC32: 947536B4
≫≫ MD5: 8BE6A1D44F1B692EE65FDCAD807D8815
≫≫ SHA-1: 018EFBDBE969E46228863EF334CE9442C0B91239

≫ Build 1.0 (December 10, 2016): Project_Endir_1.0.zip
≫≫ CRC32: E5FE7CF3
≫≫ MD5: ED0F0E18967CE451F0D8125AB744183E
≫≫ SHA-1: A12609119529BFED4F6566B2AA6357922E8B1FD8

★Bugs/Glitches:
The game will crash on the Snow Chronicles interface due to the amount of English text encompassing even the original Japanese one on BraveStory, further investigation will be done, though, one theory is that the game can't handle it.
≫ During battle when you select a Tech, you'll notice that the description has been cut off.
≫ Text might run-off the screen at some instances.
≫ Tutorial descriptions will leave a single letter at the end for every line, this issue is might be due to how the game natively handles Japanese-characters as we're only "pushing" Latin-characters hence the latter problem.
≫ Save data title is truncated due to string-length limitations. And by that I mean, Assembly-level limitations.
Vessel name is untranslated; Bugfix 1.1 released along with workaround for 1.0 users.

★Untouched:
≫ Trophies - As soon as someone finds the priv_key for the RSA signature, I'll work on it.
≫ Manual - Will be working on it.

★Screenshots:

TITLE SCREEN
pUEMhcY.jpg

CAMP MENU
hOVIn1N.jpg

SNOW CHRONICLES
dVMhtqv.jpg

WORLD MAP
Lr7PUI8.jpg

DIALOG
BEFORE
K0q4vOE.jpg

AFTER
K0q4vOE.jpg

ohFZwRr.jpg

Last edited by Ignis00,

Ignis00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great job on the patch!

I was wondering if anyone knew how to port a PC save of this game to the vita version?

No idea, decrypt your Vita save file and compare it to your steam save, if they match then you're in luck, if they didn't then just start from the beginning.

Just wanted to say thank you Ignis, now playing on my Vita finally!
Btw guys do you get sometimes some "lag" in the battles? I kind of being getting it more when I use techs

Main reason why SE didn't bother localizing it.

Thanks for the work. But I'm getting the error c2-12828-1 here. What can I do?
thanks for the patch but i am getting c2-12828-1 error wen starting new game anybody knows how to fix this
I just installed my Maidump and the game is crashing when i try to start a new game... should i change the loading mode via Maidumptool?

That's a problem with your dumps, and that I have no idea what should be done.

Reactions: adrastious

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic work, this is awesome. Nice to see people supporting the Vita through fan projects. I went ahead and put this on the front page so that even more people could see this project. :yay:

Reactions: wsquan171

Ignis00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What was the reason why a Vita release didn't happen outside of Japan?

Great job, btw! ;0

Huge ‎¥244 Million loss from the Japanese release, and various complications in the game; mainly lag and loading times that doesn't quite exist in the Steam and PS4 release, I think...

Last edited by Ignis00,

Ignis00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NOTE:
- Found one untranslated text, where the vessel's name is still in Japanese, will provide a fix soon. Though, one workaround is to name it to it's default name:
Diange

Last edited by Ignis00,

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the work. But I'm getting the error c2-12828-1 here. What can I do?
thanks for the patch but i am getting c2-12828-1 error wen starting new game anybody knows how to fix this

I had the same problem.

First load the untranslated version and run it till you start playing the game.
Then close down and install the translated version over the top.

It should now run with out C2-12828-1 error.

Ignis00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RELEASE:
- Build: 1.1 (December 17, 2016)
- Download: Check the first post!
- It's a bugfix for the untranslated vessel name.

NOTE:
- Build 1.1 will only be applied to those whom will *ONLY* start from the beginning i.e a "New Game" due to how the game stores the strings.
- Build 1.0 users should not worry about patching your copies if you've already progressed through the game, just follow the workarounds below instead. Hence Build 1.1 is only for those whom would like to start from the beginning and would love to not be bothered by the workarounds.
- Workarounds for those whom have progressed through the game and refuses to start all over:
  • Edit the save data: Dump your decrypted save data and edit the Japanese 18-byte UTF-8 string at offset 0x0732A0 to:
    Diange
  • Name it: Instead of going through the entire process of editing your save data, you can just rename it when you get to the point when the game presents you with the option to do so. Just name it to its default name:
    Diange

Last edited by Ignis00,

kurodo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had the same problem.

First load the untranslated version and run it till you start playing the game.
Then close down and install the translated version over the top.

It should now run with out C2-12828-1 error.

I downloaded a japanese version for Mai, then applied the patch, then used the vitaorganizer to make a VPK. Instaled and now is running ok!

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I downloaded the game prepatched from a certain website (i don't know if i'm allowed to post the name, so i'm not). The guy stated he got permission from Ignis00 and the site is trustworthy, so i don't think it's anything below version 1.0.
My question or problem is: I entered this fort town early in the game when you first get to buy food, but when i do this, there is only japanese characters in the buy food screen. I guess it says that i don't have any recipies yet but i can't read the Kanji at the beginning of the sentence. Is this a bug that was fixed in 1.1? Or should i be able to make food at this point?

Last edited by moonblood666,

Ignis00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded the game prepatched from a certain website (i don't know if i'm allowed to post the name, so i'm not). The guy stated he got permission from Ignis00 and the site is trustworthy, so i don't think it's anything below version 1.0.
My question or problem is: I entered this fort town early in the game when you first get to buy food, but when i do this, there is only japanese characters in the buy food screen. I guess it says that i don't have any recipies yet but i can't read the Kanji at the beginning of the sentence. Is this a bug that was fixed in 1.1? Or should i be able to make food at this point?

Just checked and it just says that there's currently no recipes yet, it will be fixed on the next and hopefully final update. Thanks for the heads-up!

P.S.: It won't break the game in any way, just a minute oversight... again.

Last edited by Ignis00,

champpjones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi im new to the vita homebrew scene. Ive been trying to install this patch using mai dump tool but its still in Japanese every time i open the game not sure what im doing wrong. I checked for spaces in the folder i have it in how long should it take to patch the folder? it seems insant. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Toots

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else got issues with saving?

First issue I came across was when trying to save it shows no previous save files & says "no access to memory card". It was always happening to me if I left the Vita in sleep mode with the game still running for long periods, such as over night. so I started saving then closing the game before putting into sleep mode over night & I haven't had the issue since.

Came across another save related issue this morning where I cant load my save file. It just won't load. Stays on a black screen with the title music playing forever. I left it a good 5 minutes before residing to the fact it was going nowhere.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.