Hacking I'm on 4.1. Should I abandon all hope to eventually hack my switch?

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why don’t people just enjoy the new games that are out now for the Switch. They are finally getting great 3rd party support, go buy some new games and have fun!
only bad part is the storage those big micro sd cards cost a alot and you will only be able to fix a few big games on them and the physical copys of big games still require you to download the data.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only bad part is the storage those big micro sd cards cost a alot and you will only be able to fix a few big games on them and the physical copys of big games still require you to download the data.

I believe 1 TB SD cards will be out next year, maybe, they already have 400 GB which would still hold a lot of Switch games.

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How many years it took for hackers to support >3.5 PS3 (if i remember)
if you bought your switch for homebrews sell it and try finding one 3.0 or less
Thats impossible to compare !!
It's tradition that Sony Consoles arent supported well...

For everyone who wants to get real Homebrew like on 3DS,PSVita or PS3:

wait around 3 Years (now just 2 years ;))
then there will be enough to do at the moment this sounds weired but I think you don't want to be that guy who bricks his Switch or gets banned alongside his MyNintendo Account ;) also it's totally possible that there will be a new Switch version a bit smaller (I think of PSVita Size) and when you have 2 Switches it will be very easy to have one Switch on a lower Firmware but like on the 3DS when you watch Homebrew News you will always have the Chance to get an Exploit to get CFW !
AND YES I KNOW THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN !! WHY ?,
because the Switch is no Fortress I mean Plutoo and his Friends exploited everything that was exploitable, (at least it looked like that on the 34c3) and this in under a Year ;)
Start learning Javascript and C so you could be the one who gets all the fame for exploiting a Console ;)

If you can't get started because the C syntax pisses you off I can recommend Python3 especially for a beginner it's an awesome language with not that many weired compiler errors :D

Edit: I know Emojis are cool :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

then there will be enough to do at the moment this sounds weired but I think you don't want to be that guy who bricks his Switch or gets banned alongside his MyNintendo Account ;) also it's totally possible that there will be a new Switch version a bit smaller (I think of PSVita Size) and when you have 2 Switches it will be very easy to have one Switch on a lower Firmware but like on the 3DS when you watch Homebrew News you will always have the Chance to get an Exploit to get CFW !
because the Switch is no Fortress I mean Plutoo and his Friends exploited everything that was exploitable, (at least it looked like that on the 34c3) and this in under a Year ;)
Start learning Javascript and C so you could be the one who gets all the fame for exploiting a Console ;)

If you can't get started because the C syntax pisses you off I can recommend Python3 especially for a beginner it's an awesome language with not that many weired compiler errors :D

But how do we actually know Switch will be hacked on higher firmware, and how do we know it won't be a repeat of a PS3-like situation? People seem awfully confident in knowing something that may or may not happen :P

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But how do we actually know Switch will be hacked on higher firmware, and how do we know it won't be a repeat of a PS3-like situation? People seem awfully confident in knowing something that may or may not happen :P
ITS NOT SONY ?
Nintendo has always had stupid bugs and full exploited FW's.....
Wii,DSi (kinda),3DS, WiiU ?, Nintendo Switch

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And yet when people update their console people mock them saying "lol have fun without homebrew". Both sides need to mine their own business.
umm okay that's no argument ;)
when I look at my 3DS, after I modded him I never played a single game on it because I ALWAYS GOT AN ARM9 EXCEPTION while I played games and that frustrated me because I always had to redo everything -.-

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITS NOT SONY ?
But when ps4 hackers have said they have it easy compared to what the switch security is, that should say something about how much better their security is. Saying it will happen simply because "Nintendo" is an invalid and frankly dumb argument.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you’re posting on the World Wide Web and it’s everyones business now, and I will comment when needed!!!

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country

Well since %90 of PS4 library shared with PC,add to that the size of PS4 games Knack is 63GB
many places buying used legit games cheaper than capped bandwidth

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITS NOT SONY ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

umm okay that's no argument ;)
when I look at my 3DS, after I modded him I never played a single game on it because I ALWAYS GOT AN ARM9 EXCEPTION while I played games and that frustrated me because I always had to redo everything -.-

Well, the presentation sounded pretty bloody confident that 1.0.0 will be good for CFW, 3.0.0 for homebrew, and everyone else on higher firmware is pretty much getting royally screwed over in the ass, so yeah, sounds pretty cut and dry to me.
There will be no exploits now, not in the future, not ever, for 4.x.x, prove me wrong, though. I wish I was kidding, and I wish I could be proven wrong; 4.x.x will simply be too secure with little to no known exploits for homebrew. Why bother developing CFW for 0.01% of the Switch consoles if people are gonna be dicks about scalping them to over 500% the original price?

There's no point, at all. Switch homebrew will never happen on 4.x.x firmware. Period.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, the presentation sounded pretty bloody confident that 1.0.0 will be good for CFW, 3.0.0 for homebrew, and everyone else on higher firmware is pretty much getting royally screwed over in the ass, so yeah, sounds pretty cut and dry to me.
There will be no exploits now, not in the future, not ever, for 4.x.x, prove me wrong, though. I wish I was kidding, and I wish I could be proven wrong; 4.x.x will simply be too secure with little to no known exploits for homebrew. Why bother developing CFW for 0.01% of the Switch consoles if people are gonna be dicks about scalping them to over 500% the original price?

There's no point, at all. Switch homebrew will never happen on 4.x.x firmware. Period.

That mindeset is stupid -.-
Are you really thinking that everyone is on 3.0.0 ? There are over 10 Million Units out there and I think on GBATEMP are rougly 10k People max. where around 1k of them has a 3.0.0 Switch ?!

Ya know it isn't worth developing something that only around 2k can use instead of 10 Million other guys ;)

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Point proven, Switch is never gonna have 4.x.x homebrew support because Nintendo just won the battle against people hacking the Switch. Now that we have that out of the way... also CFW only being usable on 0.01 consoles, yeah, that's certainly productive.
I wouldn't say never, but it's highly unlikely to happen anytime remotely soon, that's if it ever happens. I've been surprised in the past though

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That mindeset is stupid -.-
Are you really thinking that everyone is on 3.0.0 ? There are over 10 Million Units out there and I think on GBATEMP are rougly 10k People max. where around 1k of them has a 3.0.0 Switch ?!

Ya know it isn't worth developing something that only around 2k can use instead of 10 Million other guys ;)

And what makes you and so many others so damn sure 4.x.x will ever get homebrew? What makes you so sure that there are exploits and that there are enough people to actually exploit security holes, if any, in 4.x.x firmware? The Wii U had so little interest it took nearly five years for kernel access, I don't exactly have any more faith in Switch hacking than I did with the Wii U. I've been burned before.

I wouldn't say never, but it's highly unlikely to happen anytime remotely soon, that's if it ever happens. I've been surprised in the past though

See? It's easier to be defeatist than it is to have misplaced hope in something that's likely to never happen. Can't win, don't try.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Bunjolio hello how are yo