I'm on the verge of dropping out of high school. Any ideas from both sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmao bruh you won't get a single damn job without a diploma unless you create your own successful carpentry company or work with fast food

it's given to you for free from your parents' taxes, use the damn opportunity

Reactions: WeedZ

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is easier to learn social skills when you're a kid/teenager. It is a LOT worse being a socially awkward adult than teenager (people can forgive a teenager if they make a social faux pas but if you break the unwritten social rules as an adult it could mean being passed over for promotion, fired over a misunderstanding, things like that). Rather than run from the hard stuff now, deal with it, then you'll have an easier time later in life. You'll have to face a tough time at some point in your life if you want to eventually learn social skills, if you never do you'll have a harder life plus be lonely (unless you hate the company of others, then a tough life only).

Stupid people will always be stupid people. I am an adult and I'm "Socially Awkward".
On the school I'm going now happended this:
My teacher was explaining us the difference between Tesis, Antitesis and Syntesis. But before that, she was telling us the different Philosophy of ancient Greece with Pholosophers like Plato that tought that for every matter there's an antimatter too.
Then she looks at me and says:
- Mr. Can you give me an example of Tesis?
and I told her:
- You sure miss?
- Yes.
- YOU REALLY SURE?
- YES I'M SURE.
As we had the Ancient Greece Background (literally fresh in our minds as she explained it minutes before) I tell her:
- Quantum Physics tell us that all matter has Antimatter as well. With the Large Hadron Collider scientist has proven that Particles not only has Subatomic Particles but at the same time it creates antimatter altogheter. And that one can't exist without the another.
Some Scientists believes that this could explain many things about Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Physics, which is what you're teaching us right now"
My teacher goes like:
- WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!???
-
Well you just explained that to us!
- Okay okay, forget that, and tell me... Water... why is it that if you fall to water it hurts you like if you've been hit with paviment? Can anyone tell me why? -she stares at me again-
- ... me?
- Yes you.
- You sure?
- YES I'M SURE
- Well there's a thing in Chemistry called Covalent Bond between the particles of the Water wich grants it with this Superficial Tension. This means that in a Rresting State, Water behaves like a Solid. This is why it hurts when you throw yourself at water.
- STOP THINKING THAT LOGICAL. ANYONE ELSE?
-
anyone else-
- Uh... for the Gravity no?
- Yes correct!

EVER SINCE THAT DAY EVERYONE LOOKS AT ME WEIRD AND TREATS ME LIKE AN ALIEN.
I'm completely alienated from everyone.
It ain't my fault being this fucking smart for fucks sake.
:cry:

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid people will always be stupid people. I am an adult and I'm "Socially Awkward".
On the school I'm going now happended this:
My teacher was explaining us the difference between Tesis, Antitesis and Syntesis. But before that, she was telling us the different Philosophy of ancient Greece with Pholosophers like Plato that tought that for every matter there's an antimatter too.
Then she looks at me and says:
- Mr. Can you give me an example of Tesis?
and I told her:
- You sure miss?
- Yes.
- YOU REALLY SURE?
- YES I'M SURE.
As we had the Ancient Greece Background (literally fresh in our minds as she explained it minutes before) I tell her:
- Quantum Physics tell us that all matter has Antimatter as well. With the Large Hadron Collider scientist has proven that Particles not only has Subatomic Particles but at the same time it creates antimatter altogheter. And that one can't exist without the another.
Some Scientists believes that this could explain many things about Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Physics, which is what you're teaching us right now"
My teacher goes like:
- WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!???
-
Well you just explained that to us!
- Okay okay, forget that, and tell me... Water... why is it that if you fall to water it hurts you like if you've been hit with paviment? Can anyone tell me why? -she stares at me again-
- ... me?
- Yes you.
- You sure?
- YES I'M SURE
- Well there's a thing in Chemistry called Covalent Bond between the particles of the Water wich grants it with this Superficial Tension. This means that in a Rresting State, Water behaves like a Solid. This is why it hurts when you throw yourself at water.
- STOP THINKING THAT LOGICAL. ANYONE ELSE?
-
anyone else-
- Uh... for the Gravity no?
- Yes correct!

EVER SINCE THAT DAY EVERYONE LOOKS AT ME WEIRD AND TREATS ME LIKE AN ALIEN.
I'm completely alienated from everyone.
It ain't my fault being this fucking smart for fucks sake.
:cry:

Just talk like a human, near nobody likes talking to people that say stuff they don't understand. I had no clue what you were talking about just like chill and keep communication casual and not like English class

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just talk like a human, near nobody likes talking to people that say stuff they don't understand. I had no clue what you were talking about just like chill and keep communication casual and not like English class
Well done sir, you just proven my point.
Alienation isn't a personal thing. But it is socially stimulated.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well done sir, you just proven my point.
Alienation isn't a personal thing. But it is socially stimulated.

I know it's not your fault for how other people think you are, but others will never change and no matter what you'll always have to change the way you are instead of fixing them to accept you. hell, you may even have to make yourself seem dumber to others just to fit in. I was always a kid who could never fit in, until I changed myself and acted dumber and goofier than I was just so that others could relate and find common ground with me.

Reactions: Pleng

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I know it's not your fault for how other people think you are, but others will never change and no matter what you'll always have to change the way you are instead of fixing them to accept you. hell, you may even have to make yourself seem dumber to others just to fit in. I was always a kid who could never fit in, until I changed myself and acted dumber and goofier than I was just so that others could relate and find common ground with me.
I second that. I've had to do that too sometime before, but not to fit in, but to avoid problems like the one I had with my Chemistry Teacher.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
lol so i'm fucked then i'm already 18 and i still can't make friends or such things, and no they don't forgive teenagers at least not here, just in there than, here family always called me retarded and such things and complained with me
My experience says you can fix it by being thrown into a totally unfamiliar environment with no safe haven to retreat to. So you're forced to learn or die. I did it by going on exchange to France for a year. Surrounded by people I didn't know in an unfamiliar culture who I couldn't communicate with. I was incredibly awkward when I went and had only 1 friend, a girl with cerebral palsy who was as awkward as me. I was lucky I was in a nice school and the wasn't bullying or anything, just mostly being ignored. The first two or three months of the exchange were pretty brutal and I thought about quitting a lot! But when I came back I was totally confident and in year 12 I made a nice circle of friends. If you want to learn you need to embrace something super uncomfortable, suffer the pain for a while, until you come good. For example maybe you could be a camp counsellor or something? Or save up money and go backpacking on the other side of the country to where you live? Something that takes you away from your familiar surroundings for at least a few months.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My experience says you can fix it by being thrown into a totally unfamiliar environment with no safe haven to retreat to. So you're forced to learn or die. I did it by going on exchange to France for a year. Surrounded by people I didn't know in an unfamiliar culture who I couldn't communicate with. I was incredibly awkward when I went and had only 1 friend, a girl with cerebral palsy who was as awkward as me. I was lucky I was in a nice school and the wasn't bullying or anything, just mostly being ignored. The first two or three months of the exchange were pretty brutal and I thought about quitting a lot! But when I came back I was totally confident and in year 12 I made a nice circle of friends. If you want to learn you need to embrace something super uncomfortable, suffer the pain for a while, until you come good. For example maybe you could be a camp counsellor or something? Or save up money and go backpacking on the other side of the country to where you live? Something that takes you away from your familiar surroundings for at least a few months.
eeeehh... camp.... backpacking, it's not something people from my country usually do because of culture things aaaaaand it's dangerous

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
High school is free (paid from taxes). This is the last free thing that will be handed to you in your adult life. Appreciate it. Even if it sucks, when you leave it, you'll realize it wasn't so bad. Maybe you're thinking you could get your GED and go to college one day? Don't take anything for granted. Life comes at you so fast. Balancing education and a job/babies/medical bills/unexpected expense is not the life you want to live.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
eeeehh... camp.... backpacking, it's not something people from my country usually do because of culture things aaaaaand it's dangerous
Well, think of something yourself. It has to throw you into an unfamiliar situation where you can't just go home and hide in your room when it starts to get really tough. And go for long enough that you have the chance to change and adapt.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, think of something yourself. It has to throw you into an unfamiliar situation where you can't just go home and hide in your room when it starts to get really tough. And go for long enough that you have the chance to change and adapt.
i can't think in anything, unless force myself to do, but i'm scared, i've been through a lot of bad experiences since years and i never succeed

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
i can't think in anything, unless force myself to do, but i'm scared, i've been through a lot of bad experiences since years and i never succeed
That's normal, but you have to be scared if you want it to work :) If it is something easy to deal with them it won't prompt any adaption. If you see a counsellor they may help you think of something. Now is really your last chance to do it so don't put it off! In 5 or 10 years your personality is going to be 99% fixed and very difficult to change anything about yourself. Good luck :)

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's normal, but you have to be scared if you want it to work :) If it is something easy to deal with them it won't prompt any adaption. If you see a counsellor they may help you think of something. Now is really your last chance to do it so don't put it off! In 5 or 10 years your personality is going to be 99% fixed and very difficult to change anything about yourself. Good luck :)
thanks ^^
but what is a counsellor?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
thanks ^^
but what is a counsellor?
Someone you talk to if there's anything in your life that you're not satisfied with, they help you come up with strategies to fix them. Or if there's something bad that happened to you they can help you work through it and not feel so bad about it. Like a psychologist but more into the practical strategies than just talking about how you feel. They are properly trained and better for advice than random internet people (like me with zero training whatsoever) :-p

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone you talk to if there's anything in your life that you're not satisfied with, they help you come up with strategies to fix them. Or if there's something bad that happened to you they can help you work through it and not feel so bad about it. Like a psychologist but more info the practical strategies than just talking about how you feel. They are properly trained and better for advice than random internet people :-p
oooh, we don't have this here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls