- louder and clearer stereo speakers
- Gorilla Glass screen to prevent scratches
- larger screen
- larger battery capacity
- Bluetooth speaker/headphone functionality
- cloud based save-game backup
- liquid cooling to prevent warping and heating slowdowns
- open development program

That's what I have at the moment on top of my mind.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are some improvements or new features to the Nintendo Switch you would like to see in a new model?

Example:
- internal antenna: just a wee antenna (inside the Switch or attachment) that allows for viewing of local tv within a 30-50mile range. Fun when you travel.
4K docked mode and the USB C port on the side for use with the kickstand.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind a dock with a game card slot. Surely the Switch should be able to read data from a USB-C game card slot. That alone would make the Switch feel more console like at home. I feel like I'm gonna break something when I insert a game card when docked.

D

Deleted User

I wouldn't mind a dock with a game card slot. Surely the Switch should be able to read data from a USB-C game card slot. That alone would make the Switch feel more console like at home. I feel like I'm gonna break something when I insert a game card when docked.
I don't think this is possible because that would kind of remove the security of the game card. According to hedgeberg, the gamecart and Switch use a CR (challenge response) security system where they exchange random data that is only comprehensible by both microcontrollers. If the communication is successful, the card data is decrypted and sent to the switch. Using a USB type communication would mean that it might be possible to force the Switch to communicate with a non-Gamecard device and effectively screw Nintendo's security system.

Again, it might be possible, and I probably don't understand fully, but from what I do know, it would more trouble for Nintendo than it is worth.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this is possible because that would kind of remove the security of the game card. According to hedgeberg, the gamecart and Switch use a CR (challenge response) security system where they exchange random data that is only comprehensible by both microcontrollers. If the communication is successful, the card data is decrypted and sent to the switch. Using a USB type communication would mean that it might be possible to force the Switch to communicate with a non-Gamecard device and effectively screw Nintendo's security system.

Again, it might be possible, and I probably don't understand fully, but from what I do know, it would more trouble for Nintendo than it is worth.

That's an interesting tidbit. Thanks. I guess a better door for the game card slot would have to be asked for. Not everyone has long fingernails to open the slot with. Came does for that damn kickstand. It's the bane of my Switch existence :P

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Switch Pro XL version or no purchase. :P

-jet black shell version (or F-Zero special edtion heh)
-easier to replace battery without voiding warrenty (or better battery but even those need replacing)
-optional d-pad attachment for the D-buttons cause I can't carry a pro controller with me forever.
-better IPS screen and an included or pre-applied glass screen protector that can also be replaced (third parties handle that fine though)
-Wiimote support and an overall light gun/pointer solution instead of that finicky gyro control junk.
-USB ports on the console for alternate wire controllers or at least an extra USB-C port for a USB hub.
-Hidden spot for a hard drive attachment or upgradable SSD chip for cheaper upgrades and sizes over SD card limits.
-TV mirroring to a dock that actually does something
-Optional support for a travel dock that fits in a new and improved dock for easy attachment to TV at home or on the go or even TV mirroring.
-Joy cons for people who have large hands or at least better spacing for two player setups.
-At least an upgraded modern CPU that can handle everything at 1080p and save battery power (also TV mirroring without a hitch)
-built in spot to attach an optional screen cover? Maybe.
-larger internal nand memory, maybe a second SD card slot if optional drive support isn't a thing.
-LAN port on the dock, no reason this can't happen seriously.

Overall I kinda want a whole upgraded version that fixes a lot of the basic stuff that limits the current build.
It's part of why I avoid purchasing it right now, that and I really don't like how the current build is so avoiding getting stuck in a hole while I wait for game prices to go down, if they do.
Also yeah some of my wants are a little wishful thinking or less realistic but anything close to that would do.
Dock improvements and features seems as crucial as improved battery life, CPU and storage solutions to me.
Handheld PCs might be a better option by the time Nintendo Catches up though. (minus the lack of Nintendo games but unless they make an F-Zero X and GX killer I'm not too sold)

D

Deleted User

Also yeah some of my wants are a little wishful thinking or less realistic but anything close to that would do.
Some. Some? A lot are. The point of the Switch is to be a portable, home console hybrid. You are pretty much asking for a PC in a box that has everything preconfigured for you so you don't have to go into config for games. Wishful thinking? Hell yeah, just buy a PC at that point.

lzyslckr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More ergonomic joycon, either as a joycon attachment or a replacement joycon.
Cloud-saving might come with the subscription.
I'm not sure if it's possible since I don't have alot of games but I liked the 3ds' grid sorting. Folders I guess would work as well.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@blujay you're entitled to your opinion. So am I.

One point:

Bigger joycons can be crafted to still use the same slide rails the existing switch has. I dont see why we couldnt have a wide variety of thirdparty "joy-con" options in wild shapes and styles.

I for one would love to have a GC style pair that are 1:1 size to the original GC controller, because why not.

This is a fantasy thread anyway.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo needs to stop with the low resolution garbage, real talk. I can't even look at my 3DS XL anymore because my Galaxy S8 has such a gorgeous screen.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
What are some improvements or new features...

Immediate
At least double the onboard storage
At least 20% more battery life
Enhanced processor performance
Redesigned joycon mating hardware
Kickstand with more angles and stability
Dock faceplates
Smaller size, more colours, etc.
All scratching, warping, 'joycon-attachment-wrong-way' issues eliminated.

Further Out
- A 'Switch Go' mini pocketable fanless model that can't be docked (for 2021, so as not to confuse the masses about this Switchless Switch)*
- A 'Switch Home' home-only, non-pocketable, no-dock model (for 2021, again)*
- 100% wired accessories with zero wireless running in background for those who don't want to ruin their health using bluetooth when docked. https://ehtrust.org/science/peer-reviewed-research-studies-on-wi-fi/.

* Nintendo can be freed from the constraints of the hybrid gimmick and make much more yen on hardware plus save on Support costs with far less warranty claims, so I think separate Home and Go switchless models are a certainty at some point in future.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Further Out
- A 'Switch Go' mini pocketable fanless model that can't be docked (for 2021, so as not to confuse the masses about this Switchless Switch)*
Wat. This makes no sense.

The Switch is already tiny and has a single, extremely silent laptop-type fan that most people don't know exists. It's already portable.

The joycons are already made for small, kid hands. I can't imagine them going any smaller and retaining that hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
    Wii U is also great.
    For DS games.
    Also, 3DS games through NTR streaming on Wii U.
    It's very cool.
    Even playable.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oh and touch screen infinity better lol