PS1/2 install games over network to work with opl

iluvfuzz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its possible to install games over network to use with hd loader but I'd like to play games with openps2loader because it has much better compatibility. Is there away to use them with opl or am I just going to have to get a ide to usb?

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know its possible to install games over network to use with hd loader but I'd like to play games with openps2loader because it has much better compatibility. Is there away to use them with opl or am I just going to have to get a ide to usb?

OPL supports HDLoader format for internal HDD. They are several ways and tools to install games on your internal HDD :

• over the network, using a pc client :

. OPL embedded HDL server
. HDLGameInstaller – by SP193.
. HDL_Dump – by AKuHAK (PSX-scene thread here).

https://bitbucket.org/ShaolinAssassin/open-ps2-loader-0.9.3-documentation-project/wiki/hdd-mode

Last edited by ShaolinAssassin,

TomandJonna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm trying to connect to my PS2 30001R (NA with 250g internal HDD) over my network. My network is setup around my 192.168.1.1 gateway, so I had to change the default PS2 settings, which I was able to do successfully and save in OPL, uLe, and FMCB Configurator. I'm able to start the OPL server as well as HDL dump svr 0.86 and ping, but here is where it ends...I can't ping with the uLe FTP server going, and I don't know what type of client to use with OPL's server.

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated.

MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm trying to connect to my PS2 30001R (NA with 250g internal HDD) over my network. My network is setup around my 192.168.1.1 gateway, so I had to change the default PS2 settings, which I was able to do successfully and save in OPL, uLe, and FMCB Configurator. I'm able to start the OPL server as well as HDL dump svr 0.86 and ping, but here is where it ends...I can't ping with the uLe FTP server going, and I don't know what type of client to use with OPL's server.

TBH, I wouldnt use OPL server... It was buggy in 0.9.3 version. You can try the last betas, it was fixed after 0.9.3.

The most friendly method to install games over network is HDLGameInstaller IMO.

Reactions: TomandJonna

TomandJonna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH, I wouldnt use OPL server... It was buggy in 0.9.3 version. You can try the last betas, it was fixed after 0.9.3.

Thanks Assassin! I'll try HDLGameInstaller. Just for my information, if I can locate the latest OPL betas, is there a tool I can use to interact with it? I do like to play around with different methods of moving things around so I can learn more.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

hdl_dumb should work. A post I found suggests using OPL 0.8.x for transferring games since it works better.

Reactions: TomandJonna

TomandJonna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hdl_dumb should work. A post I found suggests using OPL 0.8.x for transferring games since it works better.

Don't know much about hdl_dumb, so I'll have to find it and read up on it. I'm ahead of OPL 0.8x so I'm going to have to do one of two things...downgrade or upgrade...don't know which, but Assassin says they had troubles with my version, so need to get that sorted first.

Thanks so much for your response...greatly appreciate it and I'll check into hdl_dumb after PS2link.

TomandJonna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi Guys...I looked at both of your suggestions and they will allow me to install PS2 games to my IHDD (see my sig for my setup); but, what I'm truly looking to do, which I wasn't clear on to begin with (I'm VERY sorry) is to transfer my PS1 games to my IHDD. My preferred method would be via my IHDD hooked up to my computer, but short of that, over the network.

So, are there any options here...I'll do all the reading I need to, but I REALLY need a way to get those PS1 games onto that hard drive and I don't know how to do it outside of copying them a small group at a time (post VCD conversion) to my Mem Stick and then copying them to the __.POPSx partitions I've created on my IHDD. This process takes forever and a day per game, so a tool to help me would be wonderful for sure. I'll look into any suggestions you might have.

Thank you both! MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom

**UPDATE: @Assassin...just got your note one the other forum...I'll check out the video straight away and report back there...thanks LOADS!

Last edited by TomandJonna,

TomandJonna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TomandJonna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TomandJonna,
Reactions: Sliter

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks Assassin! I'll try HDLGameInstaller. Just for my information, if I can locate the latest OPL betas, is there a tool I can use to interact with it? I do like to play around with different methods of moving things around so I can learn more.

OPL betas : https://github.com/ifcaro/Open-PS2-Loader/releases/download/0.9.3/OpenPS2Loader_0.9.3_Betas.zip

with https://bitbucket.org/ShaolinAssass...-project/downloads/HDLDump Helper GUI v2.3.7z

OPL documentation : https://bitbucket.org/ShaolinAssassin/open-ps2-loader-0.9.3-documentation-project/wiki/Home

Have fun !

TomandJonna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks Brother!!!

Just updated other forum on progress of PFSSHELL...got my virtual XP machine running and PFSSHELL runs like a champ and is pretty fast too! Now I'll get into the OPL stuff you just sent me and my next questions will be about getting PS1 games to run that are supposed to be running that don't run for some reason (I probably messed something up, but don't know what); but, they probably won't be for a few weeks now that I've got the PS2 end of things to clean up. Then will be the time to clean up the PS1 end of things. I'll probably end up running both IHDD and Mem Stick because of details in compatibility lists, but that is fine by me as long as I can play my games without having to mod my PS1 (YIKES, was that my out-loud voice?).

MOST humbly and sincerely...Tom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool