Introducing GBAtemp v6 - A Fresh Coat of Paint & Our Patreon - celebrating 15 years!

381104-gbatemp_v6.png

> Welcome to GBAtemp v6 !
Dear Tempers,

As some of you may know this August GBAtemp.net will be celebrating it's 15th Anniversary! To celebrate this momentous occasion we have been working tirelessly to make 2017 GBAtemp's best year yet!

Welcome to the latest version of your community - GBAtemp v6!

We have a bunch of announcements to share with you so please read on to see what's new at your favourite independent gaming community:-​

381106-paint-brush.png
A Fresh Coat of Paint

Introducing tempStyle 2 - designed by @shaunj66 we finally have a brand new look for the site that completely revamps your GBAtemp experience including - hi-DPI support, retina icons, faster browsing, improved layout & functionality, but more importantly a better mobile experience! The skin is still a work-in-progress and we need your help to beta test it. Please find a small Q&A and details on how to provide feedback further down below...

381109-mobile.png
A Better Mobile Experience

We have completely revamped the responsive & mobile browsing experience. GBAtemp is now crafted to fully take advantage of smartphones and smaller screen sizes! We have made the site more touch friendly with a range of new design choices. Go ahead, try visiting GBAtemp.net on your phone!

381107-brand.png
A Patreon

As you can see, we've decided to step up our game this year: we finally have a modern-era site design, and our press coverage has been increasingly extensive and exhaustive. We have published hundreds of reviews for all platforms over the past years thanks to our amazing editorial team. We now provide you with fresh news coverage for the entire spectrum of the gaming industry (Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, computer gaming...), and unlike most other sites we still have the rare freedom of being able to openly discuss console hacking and system modifications. This freedom is due to the independence we have managed to conserve over all these years.

We're working behind the scenes every day to make this community one of the best and largest independent gaming communities on the web and we intend to keep it that way. But in order to make this happen, to be able to keep providing you with fresh editorial content and in order to conserve our freedom under any circumstance, we need your help.

With your support on Patreon, we intend to do great things: just take a moment to check out our campaign and see for yourself. If you decide to back us, there will be amazing consequences from both individual and community perspectives.

Perks include:
  • Exclusive backer banner/icons (date & details TBC)
  • The return of the GBAtemp Homebrew Bounty - now the GBAtemp Bounty! (details to follow)
  • Exclusive site styles
  • Early access to tempStyle 2 Dark
  • The satisfaction that you're helping support a site celebrating it's 15th Anniversary!
Please visit our Patreon page and we hope you'll consider supporting us just as we've supported you for nearly 15 years.

:arrow: GBAtemp on Patreon

> tempStyle 2 Q&A

381108-question.png
Can I continue to use the old style?

Change can be difficult but we suggest you try using tempStyle 2 for a while to feel the benefits. The old tempStyle's are now obsolete and we can't guarantee any future forum improvements or changes will be made available in them.

381108-question.png
But what about the dark theme?

We know a lot of you browse GBAtemp in Dark mode and we hear you. You're welcome to use the old Dark theme for now while we find the resources to create a Dark version of tempStyle 2.

381108-question.png
Why isn't there a dark theme available right NOW!?

tempStyle 2 took over 6 months to create - keeping in mind we all have full time jobs at GBAtemp, finding the time to work on the site can be tough especially just for aesthetic reasons. We have launched the Light (default) version now in order to let our members help us find any bugs that may need working out before work on the Dark version. Otherwise early bug fixing would require fixing multiple templates. Please understand!

381108-question.png
Can I help?

We have just launched a Patreon to let our members support our site. If you want to pledge to help support our work not only can we devote more time to the site but you get awesome rewards such as early access to the tempStyle 2 Dark theme! See above for more info on our Patreon.

381108-question.png
I found something that doesn't look quite right?

We are still working on the new skin and bugs or sections of the site may have been overlooked when designing it. If you find a bug or something that looks unpolished or in need of updating please let us know in the dedicated thread by clicking here.

All of this just before E3 2017!

e3-logo-small.png

Don't forget that E3 is right around the corner with the EA Press Conference expected to start later today.

GBAtemp will be providing live coverage of GBAtemp E3 2017 both right here on our site and a live Twitter feed. Resident newser @Chary is currently in Los Angeles preparing to provide you all with the latest news, updates and announcements from GBAtemp. Check out our home page for more information!

:arrow: Follow E3 2017 with GBAtemp on Twitter

We hope you like the changes GBAtemp v6 brings and that you'll celebrate our 15th Anniversary with us up to this August.

Thank you to each and every one of you for supporting us for these 15 years and for making GBAtemp the best community on the web.

- The GBAtemp Staff

Last edited by shaunj66,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is taking forever! It's almost like the one staff member who creates themes has some kind of "job" or "life" thing, and don't spend all their time working on the Temp!
I have a 40 hour a week job, and a life, but I still manage to sit on my computers (Yes, 3 of them at once) to develop MediCat USB for 3 to 7 hours each sitting. But I think my O.C.D. and A.D.D. are partially to blame for that. I hate leaving a project unfinished, especially if I get on a creativity roll. :P

Reactions: PrincessLillie

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just an update to let people know that the planned public release of tempStyle 2 Dark and tempStyle 2 Black is Friday 23rd February

The beta for Dark is already available to our patrons and Black will also be available to them this weekend .

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just an update to let people know that the planned public release of tempStyle 2 Dark and tempStyle 2 Black is Friday 23rd February

The beta for Dark is already available to our patrons and Black will also be available to them this weekend .
looking forward to this, I am currently using a userstyle theme to get it dark.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: