Tutorial  Updated

Introducing Project Pegasus (A Written Tutorial on It's usage)

Project Pegasus
A Written tutorial and full guide on it's usage

As the Xbox One scene has continued to grow there has been a growing amount of homebrew software that has become available for the platform. But how easy is it to obtain this homebrew? Up til now the solution for obtaining homebrew had been to just scout through the pages of gbatemp and try and find what you we're looking for. While that does work, as more and more software becomes available it's not the best method going forward. This problem led me to developing a solution. It's called ProjectPegasus.

68747470733a2f2f75706c6f61642e767374616e6365642e636f6d2f696d616765732f323031372f30392f32312f6d72342e706e67

What is it?

ProjectPegasus is a tool for downloading Xbox One homebrew right to your PC. It currently has a good majority of homebrew that already exists for the Xbox One platform with more to be added in future releases.

Installation

To install ProjectPegasus just go to the github page here
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus

You can either download the zip or do a git clone
Once downloaded just open the binaries file and you will see an
executable that can easily be ran.

A word of advice

Project pegasus by default will download your homebrew to C:\Users\Public\homebrew. If you don't have this folder that's okay the client will create it for you.

This should be obvious to some but if your someone who is unfamilar with how to install the homebrew to your Xbox One you can follow my written guide here where I cover in detail sideloading the APPX Package.
(Begin from Step 3) https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-sideload-chip8-emulator-on-xbox-one.470025/

Final thoughts

Moving forward ProjectPegasus will be the default way to download Xbox One homebrew. It will support virtually all or at least nearly all homebrew that is available giving end users the convience of having a central homebrew hub.

Currently this tool runs on
[*] Windows

[*]
Linux (Mono Required just do sudo apt-get install mono-complete)
In order to run just locate where you downloaded Project Pegasus at and change to the binaries directory. Then just type mono Project_Pegasus.exe and it will start. Note: On Linux your homebrew will automatically download to the "binaries"
folder. The only time you need to create the C:/Users/Public/homebrew directory is if your using Windows.

[*] Mac It runs on Mac with mono. Thanks to gbatemp user @jackb994 for verifying.

A wiki has also been added if you'd like to check that out.
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/wiki

Last edited by wiired24,
D

Deleted User

he did not make it he just linked me to it red made it he also ripped of your tutorials with no credit
I am Red.

Those guides are not rips of his tutorials. I stated right on the threads that I didn't make any of the files and I reworded each guide myself so that it isn't a C&P as well as added more information to each step so that it is more detailed.

Nowhere was it stated that I made everything. It explicitly says

"credit where credit is due of course. I did not make any of the files in this guide"

Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am Red.

Those guides are not rips of his tutorials. I stated right on the threads that I didn't make any of the files and I reworded each guide myself so that it isn't a C&P as well as added more information to each step so that it is more detailed.

"credit where credit is due of course. I did not make any of the files in this guide"

Oh my apologies, I did not see that part. I do appriciate the GUI Client. It looks Nice. Like i said though if we could keep it under one project name I feel like it would confuse less users

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am Red.

sorry do you think you could just call project siner project pegasus gui edition and just merge the two projects together.

D

Deleted User

sorry do you think you could just call project siner project pegasus gui edition and just merge the two projects together.
Oh my apologies, I did not see that part. I do appriciate the GUI Client. It looks Nice. Like i said though if we could keep it under one project name I feel like it would confuse less users
I'd like too but I've been working on this all day today and it has already had more features added to it making it completely different and more versatile for more users.(more then just x1 and homebrew database)

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like too but I've been working on this all day today and it has already had more features added to it making it completely different and more versatile for more users.(more then just x1 and homebrew database)

Right, well do as you wish Having an abundance of tools is never a bad thing. Some people like a GUI some people prefer command-line tools. it's just a matter of personal preference. I'll continue to update and improve ProjectPegasus as I already have. I've already put many hours of work into it between developing it, coding it, improving the code in various ways and fixes etc.

Last edited by wiired24,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Right, well do as you wish Having an abundance of tools is never a bad thing. Some people like a GUI some people prefer command-line tools. it's just a matter of personal preference. I'll continue to update and improve ProjectPegasus as I already have. I've already put many hours of work into it between developing it, coding it, improving the code in various ways and fixes etc.
Like I said earlier. Feel free to borrow code/learn from this one. It's on git for a reason :P

Reactions: tunip3 and wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said earlier. Feel free to borrow code/learn from this one. It's on git for a reason :P

I will have a look at it later. I do wanna keep this a command line utility. But if there are things in your code that would benefit ProjectPegasus that are GUI-Agnostic then I'll see what can be implemented. As of now the tool does it's job. I have fixed alot of things people we're complaining about. It's pretty stable

Last edited by wiired24,
D

Deleted User

I will have a look at it later. I do wanna keep this a command line utility. But if there are things in your code that would benefit ProjectPegasus that are GUI-Agnostic then I'll see what can be implemented. As of now the tool does it's job. I have fixed alot of things people we're complaining about. It's pretty stable
Most if not all the code there doesn't require a GUI. The only thing that does is the progress bar. So the update checker might be beneficial

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im gonna submit a pull request in a couple minuites just need to finish my additions.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im gonna submit a pull request in a couple minuites just need to finish my additions.

Okay Just so you know I'm about to leave and I wont have access to my Computer. It may be a few hours or so before I accept the request. I'll test your code first and make sure everything is solid.

Also make sure and list what additions/changes you have made and why in the pull request

Reactions: tunip3

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by wiired24,

tunip3

[debugger active]