iOS 10.2.1 Jailbreak Released

exit-iphone-recovery-mode-ios-10-update.png

A jailbreak for iOS 10.2.1 has finally arrived, after 7 and a half months, dubbed "Saïgon"
This jailbreak is still in beta!

It uses exploits from well-known iOS developers, including Ian Beer, Adam Donenfeld and Luca Todesco.
To install, you must sideload the .ipa file using Cydia Impactor, meaning you'll have to sideload it again every 7 days (Unless you have a developer account).
It's semi-untethered, meaning it requires you to launch the app to jailbreak your device upon every reboot.

Supported Devices
  • iPhone SE (10.2.1)​
  • iPhone 6/Plus (10.2.1)​
  • iPhone 6s/Plus (10.2.1)​
  • iPad Mini 4 (10.2.1) (Not tested)​
  • iPad Air 2 (10.2.1)​
  • iPhone 6s (10.3.1) (not yet)​
Installation
  1. Download the .ipa file and Cydia Impactor
  2. Open Cydia Impactor and connect your device​
  3. Drag the Saïgon.ipa file onto the Cydia Impactor window​
  4. Enter your Apple ID (email and password)​
  5. Open Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management​
  6. Trust the new certificate → open saïgon​
  7. Tap 'jailbreak' and enjoy!​

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, let's not let this thread go any further down the Android vs iOS debate. OS choice is personal preference, one isn't superior to the other.
I agree. None is superior, and I stated that I prefer Android multiple times. Yet, some people just are stubborn, or un-educated.
Especially iOS fanboys. They tend to be just, dumn.

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
You do realise that by insulting them, you're just adding fuel to the fire.
Let's just stop now.

Well, I must say that the best comparison for Apple is this.

Apple = Communism. What I mean by that, is that they're super strict. Locking down their users, forcing them to exploit their devices.
It's a vicious cycle of business.

Make your devices underpowered, overpriced for the hardware, slow down the OS overtime, and force users to beg for a better product.
It's a horrible technique for marketing. Nothing more.

Forcing users to beg for something better, and those users will stand in front of a store for a night, just to get a device that is only a minor improvement than the last.
It's a stupid cycle, and if Apple continues; they'll fall as a company. It's only a matter of time until users realize what they're doing.

That is all I will say.
It was a pleasure speaking with all of you.
And if you want an iPhone, just head my words. Think about what you're buying before you decide.

Unwatches thread...

D

Deleted User

I am aware. But, I just hate people who boast about it; plus people who say something like this .... "Hey my iPhone can play Gameboy games (GBA), bet your Android Samsung shit device can't do that!" And that was an actual quote. Not saying you're like that person, yet my point being is that Android has emulators forever. Both stable, and ripoff ones. Then iOS, you have to use an exploit just to get an emulator and pray to god you don't get a Security Patch, or if Apple pulls it from your phone.

Sorry, but I don't worry about anything nor annoyed about anything when it comes to Android. iOS and Apple is a hassle that I can't deal with.
Ya know, I'm having a real hard time answering this reasonably after reading your last post. Jesus

The apps are not an exploit, nice willful ignorance. People sign them with an apple development account and put them up on a site. Not taking advantage of some bug and the big bad apple can't control my phone and take it off. You talk about boasting as if I or somebody else did it. You are only pulling that point up just to have some fuel.

Sorry @Lia I'll stop now. It's no use arguing with someone like this

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other news, I got this to work on my iPhone 6S on 10.2.1. I would advise reinstalling Saigon, hard rebooting between each attempt, and toggling airplane mode off and on (should be on when running Saigon). This is what worked for me. I think the most helpful thing was reinstalling Saigon, because I had tried for a couple days with no success. Reinstalling made it work in about 10 attempts.

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Ya know, I'm having a real hard time answering this reasonably after reading your last post. Jesus

The apps are not an exploit, nice willful ignorance. People sign them with an apple development account and put them up on a site. Not taking advantage of some bug and the big bad apple can't control my phone and take it off. You talk about boasting as if I or somebody else did it. You are only pulling that point up just to have some fuel.

Sorry @Lia I'll stop now. It's no use arguing with someone like this

And there's no use arguing with a person like you. You apparently skipped over the fact that I said use what you wish, I have no problems with iOS. It's just not for me. You may know iOS better than I, but I know Android well enough. I use it everyday, and I have experience messing with it. That ranges from roms, rooting, Xposed, messing with system dataz etc. I have ran into issues and fixed them. Like soft and hard brick's. Mind you they were all my fault.
Yet, it seems like your the one adding fuel to this fire. I have stated that I no longer wish to argue over a petty thing, yet you still reply.
Are you agitated? You may think I am, but I am just curious as to why you attempt to bash my points. I admit, again, I am not that knowledgeable with iOS, but I've seen and used it enough to form an opinion.

Now for the last time, please let us all stop this stupid argument over what's better than the other. It goes nowhere, and never will.

EDIT:

Also, to clarify. I never referred to you about boasting. I should've clarified that. My apologies

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,
Reactions: MrMcTiller

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not helping
Sorry.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How about this... Android and iOS are two completely different things. You can't just decide over which one is "Better". It is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both good, but yet they are very different. They have two completely different purposes. Apples are mainly good for helping to reduce the risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Apples are one of the healthiest foods a person can eat. They are high in fiber and vitamin C, and they are also low in calories, have only a trace of sodium, and no fat or cholesterol. Oranges are a very good source of vitamins, especially vitamin C. They aid in good eye health and protect vision.

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
Saigon Beta 2r1 Released
  • Fix for camera not working after jailbreaking
  • Support for iPhone 6s Plus/iPad Mini 4/iPad Air 2
  • Minor bug fixes and changes
  • Slightly better at escaping sandbox
  • Option to reinstall Cydia by holding 'jailbreak' button then tapping it again
  • Display device model and version

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Saigon Beta 2r1 Released
  • Fix for camera not working after jailbreaking
  • Support for iPhone 6s Plus/iPad Mini 4/iPad Air 2
  • Minor bug fixes and changes
  • Slightly better at escaping sandbox
  • Option to reinstall Cydia by holding 'jailbreak' button then tapping it again
  • Display device model and version
My experience: finally jailbroke my Iphone 6s plus after 1 hour trying. I then ran cydia for the first time, was welcomed by the message "Please update cydia". After the update, all system apps and cydia dissapeared. I simply had no choice but to reboot. Then the phone went into a bootloop with the apple icon on white screen. I gave up after another hour and updated to 11.0.3.

On reddit there are lots of people having this problem as well.

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
My experience: finally jailbroke my Iphone 6s plus after 1 hour trying. I then ran cydia for the first time, was welcomed by the message "Please update cydia". After the update, all system apps and cydia dissapeared. I simply had no choice but to reboot. Then the phone went into a bootloop with the apple icon on white screen. I gave up after another hour and updated to 11.0.3.

On reddit there are lots of people having this problem as well.
Saigon Beta
It's far from perfect yet

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make your devices underpowered, overpriced for the hardware,
I'm no Apple fan (although I do like their phones) and this is absolutely true for their computers, but can you really say this about their phones? The iPhone7 is only slightly less powerful than the Galaxy s8, and that's a last-gen phone (it was out months before the S8).

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I'm no Apple fan (although I do like their phones) and this is absolutely true for their computers, but can you really say this about their phones? The iPhone7 is only slightly less powerful than the Galaxy s8, and that's a last-gen phone (it was out months before the S8).
I can agree with you on some fronts. The iPhone series of phones aren't pathetic per say. Yet, they're using older hardware. Apple has been doing this for years, and continues to. Phones with 2GB of RAM, or maybe 3GB are fine. Yet, they aren't the best on the market. Android phones with 4GB-6GB of RAM, newer ARM CPU's, and GPU's, are usually (don't quote me on that) priced lower than that of the latest iPhone. I own a Nexus 6, from late 2014 early 2015. It's able to still compete with the latest iOS devices, and Android Devices. It has 3GB of RAM, an ARM x86 CPU (Quad-core 2.7 GHz Krait 450), and a decent storage options. The fact of the matter is, this device and many others from 2014 and early 2015; that are Flagship phones. Are of equal performance to that of the latest iOS devices.

If Apple continues to use underpowered/older hardware, they will eventually become an irrelevant company. People want devices that perform well, given, the newest iPhones perform well. Yet, they aren't the best hardware for your buck. That's just my opinion; same goes for Apple's Computer Lineup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1